New Hickory Crawdads "Font"

KC_3.2designs

Got inspired by Studio Simon's update of the Class-A Hickory Crawdads, which is a great update by the way, and thought I would try my hand at creating the whole custom font package. I took the font from "HICKORY" and "CRAWDADS" and built numbers and the rest of the letters in the alphabet off of the features from those letters provided. Not sure how accurate the letters are, but these were just what I thought they would be with the information that was given. Kind of like a puzzle. Hope y'all enjoy it.

qYFvCBu.png

Nicely done. I will always have a soft spot for the Crawdads, they were the first pro baseball game I ever went to go see.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Looks very impressive. Well-done sir. Excellent work.

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Nicely Done! I really love full alphabets with the fonts. I think the curve on the Y + S etc. could be a little bit thicker but overall looks great.

I agree that curves on those letters are a bit thinner than some of the other letter's thicknesses, but those letters are that way on the original wordmark so I wanted to keep it as close as possible in the way I thought Studio Simon did it. It was a great puzzle!

This is what the numbers I created look like on the uniform set (using the nike uni form template). I also added an additional alternate hat using the crawdad with the bats, cause thats an awesome logo, and added what I thought a white uniform would look like going off of their red jersey which appeared to be a primary home jersey when they released it. I also used the letters I created for the wordmark on the jersey. Had to make a few adjustments since they warp the letters a bit and extend the height of the letter ends. Overall the letters worked pretty well with trying to re-create the wordmark.

Z6QZPGP.png

I like these a lot. My only complaint would be the red and white as the home and away. I would make a white and gray without the sleeves.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Am I allowed to use the font?

I can see it working well for a different team entirely.

Yea go ahead! I personally believe that the graphic arts community loves sharing their work and ideas with each other. No different than what Conrad does with his fonts. So knock yourself out!

Archived