LOGOLYMPIAD 2015

pollux

I received a PM regarding submission of an entry via email:

I accidentally sent you my "LOGOLYMPIAD" Event 2 entry with wrong subject (Fwd: Event 1). Can I resubmit or will you take this message in consideration and allow me to participate without resubmitting?

It's a good thing that you caught your error quickly and let me know about it. In this case, you do not need to resubmit, I will find your entry for event 2.

I'm more flexible with the guidelines of submitting your entries because I would be disqualifying a lot of entries. The main thing you have to remember is that I use filters to sort through the entries coming in, so if the title is misleading, I may miss the entry altogether, even if it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Make sure that the subject contains the event number, and that your entry is formatted correctly (event1_pollux.png, for example), and you should be good to go.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do I have the rights to post after the logolympics are over

Yes. I don't see any issue with you posting after the Logolympiad is over to get feedback on your entries. As Dan O'Mac pointed out, it's been done before.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Event 1 Results - Alternate Logo

Full album here

Gold: Conrad. - Entry 36

Silver: Lights Out - Entry 6

Bronze: rsaline - Entry 28

Bronze: officeglenn - Entry 10

Event1Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event1Results_PointsStandings.png

may I ask what the expanded points system is for and how points are awarded for that?

The points system is there to maintain interest throughout the Logolympiad, as more contestants are rewarded with points than medals. It can reward consistency over all events, or great entries in a few events.

Points will be awarded to the top 15 after voting is completed. It will go: 20 - 18 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.

In case of a tie in the voting results, all contestants will receive the highest value possible for their ranking. For example, a tie in third place would give 16 points for those.contestants, but there would be no 14 points awarded at all for the event.

It's a new way to reward contestants during the competition, and something else to aim for.

may I ask what the expanded points system is for and how points are awarded for that?

The points system is there to maintain interest throughout the Logolympiad, as more contestants are rewarded with points than medals. It can reward consistency over all events, or great entries in a few events.

Points will be awarded to the top 15 after voting is completed. It will go: 20 - 18 - 16 - 14 - 12 - 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.

In case of a tie in the voting results, all contestants will receive the highest value possible for their ranking. For example, a tie in third place would give 16 points for those.contestants, but there would be no 14 points awarded at all for the event.

It's a new way to reward contestants during the competition, and something else to aim for.

It's based on the F1 points system I take it

I don't know how I didn't notice, but for event 2 the deadline reads 11:59am Eastern time for Oct.23. I was under the impression that the deadlines were like any other deadline that hits at 11:59 and would be 11:59pm, so that 1 minute ahead would be the next day...my mistake though should've sent it earlier I guess.

I don't know how I didn't notice, but for event 2 the deadline reads 11:59am Eastern time for Oct.23. I was under the impression that the deadlines were like any other deadline that hits at 11:59 and would be 11:59pm, so that 1 minute ahead would be the next day...my mistake though should've sent it earlier I guess.

Yep. That got me too. I had a 95% finished concept by noon on Friday, but I waited to completely finalize it until the afternoon. I went to send it in and noticed that the voting was already up.

You posted the deadline, and that's on me (us) for not realizing it. Deadlines are almost always midnight instead of noon, so my mind just assumed p.m. instead of a.m.

award%20sig.png

Yep. That got me too. I had a 95% finished concept by noon on Friday, but I waited to completely finalize it until the afternoon. I went to send it in and noticed that the voting was already up.

You posted the deadline, and that's on me (us) for not realizing it. Deadlines are almost always midnight instead of noon, so my mind just assumed p.m. instead of a.m.

Deadlines are in A.M. because it allows me to quickly post the voting thread, something I would not be able to do if the deadline was at midnight.

Event 2 Results - Time Warp

Full album here

Gold: missouri tigers - Entry 15

Silver: officeglenn - Entry 1

Bronze: OmegaRed - Entry 6

Bronze: 72Freebie - Entry 5

Event2Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event2Results_PointsStandings.png

can you post the "full album here" link at the beginning of each voting round? It would make it much easier than having to click each individual link, especially because of the turnout this year

tinysig.jpg

Yes. I don't see any issue with you posting after the Logolympiad is over to get feedback on your entries. As Dan O'Mac pointed out, it's been done before.

So can I post Events 1 and 2 now, since voting is over? Or should I wait for the whole Logolympiad to finish first?

spacer.png

can you post the "full album here" link at the beginning of each voting round? It would make it much easier than having to click each individual link, especially because of the turnout this year

I actually prefer it as is. My voting process is by process of elimination, so it's easier to just close the candidates that I've taken out of the running.

My thought was that people would go by process of elimination, which is why I separate all entries like I do. By providing the full album link, people may simply look at smaller-sized images to make their selection, which would likely impact voting.

I will, however, provide the link to the full album as well as the list of individual entries from now on, to satisfy everyone.

So can I post Events 1 and 2 now, since voting is over? Or should I wait for the whole Logolympiad to finish first?

It's up to you. You can post your work from events that are done to get particular feedback, or you can wait until it's over to post the full body of your work to get feedback at once. I've seen it done both ways.

If you want to get feedback on all your entries, I suggest you do it in one thread, in order not to clutter up the Concepts section too much.

Event 3 Results - Wordmark

Full album here

Gold: derschwigg - Entry 7

Silver: GoNordiques - Entry 18

Bronze: dsaline97 - Entry 17

Event3Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event3Results_PointsStandings.png

Archived