LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 1 - Alternate Logo

pollux

OK so I don't have the colors for the team I want to do but I have all but one is it OK if one color is off slightly

How can you not have all the colors for the team? As mentioned in the initial post, if you go to the TeamColors website, the colors are listed as Hexadecimal, RGB, CMYK, and Pantone (PMS) for all teams. Use those values to get the colors needed.

I'm the dude who is hand drawing so that is why

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so I don't have the colors for the team I want to do but I have all but one is it OK if one color is off slightly

How can you not have all the colors for the team? As mentioned in the initial post, if you go to the TeamColors website, the colors are listed as Hexadecimal, RGB, CMYK, and Pantone (PMS) for all teams. Use those values to get the colors needed.

My mistake. With the amount of questions I get, I don't track who previously asked what.

Obviously, in a hand-drawn submission, I'll be more lenient towards getting the exact colors. The idea is that you shouldn't introduce a new color, for example green for the Pistons. That would be an automatic disqualification.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

My mistake. With the amount of questions I get, I don't track who previously asked what.

Obviously, in a hand-drawn submission, I'll be more lenient towards getting the exact colors. The idea is that you shouldn't introduce a new color, for example green for the Pistons. That would be an automatic disqualification.

Should we delete some posts since this is an indicator of who's creating what?

rATMcmK.png

It's just that we already reprimanded someone for simply stating they had submitted an entry. It works best if we aim for consistency in things like this.

I cannot delete posts in any thread. Only a mod can do it.

Obviously, few entries will be hand drawn, so it would be easy to recognize who it is during the next events. It's something I cannot control.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

What happens if the color isn't listed but is used

Only use the listed colors. The colors listed are what I will be comparing any entry with. If the colors are there, you're good. If they're not, you'll be disqualified.

Only use the listed colors. The colors listed are what I will be comparing any entry with. If the colors are there, you're good. If they're not, you'll be disqualified.

They use gray but it isn't listed and it is only for partS like to make it three d is that fine

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

They use gray but it isn't listed and it is only for partS like to make it three d is that fine

Seriously? You're still asking if a color isn't listed can be used? I just answered you directly:

Not convinced? I specified it in the initial post:

Use colors that are already part of the teams current color scheme. You can check colors on the Colorwerx website or on the TeamColors website. Do NOT add any more colors.

<snip>

Use only current colors for the existing teams. So open up TeamColors (since Colorwerx doesn't seem to be working) and check your team's colors. If it's not there, your entry will be disqualified. It doesn't matter if the team has just unveiled a new shiny logo. If the colors aren't on the site, don't use them. That will be how I either accept or disqualify an entry.

Still not convinced? I answered it 5 other times in the thread:

-----

Do NOT add highlights as it would count as a new color. I'll check the colors on the linked sites above. If a color on your submission isn't listed, it'll be disqualified.

-----

Exactly. Use the current colors only. I'll expand on this later...

-----

Colors

Use only current colors for the existing teams. So open up TeamColors (since Colorwerx doesn't seem to be working) and check your team's colors. If it's not there, your entry will be disqualified. It doesn't matter if the team has just unveiled a new shiny logo. If the colors aren't on the site, don't use them. That will be how I either accept or disqualify an entry.

-----

The general idea is: if a team has three colors listed and you use five, you'll be disqualified. If you use three colors that are really close to the ones listed on the website, you'll be OK. If you use green, yellow and black for the Pistons, for example, you're out.

-----

-----

Still not convinced? Even another member answered:

I thought that was obvious by now... you will be disqualified (similar shade of color = OK, completely different = NOT OK)

reading-is-fun-poster.jpg

(Thanks, drdougfresh!)

I received this question via PM:

When is the cutoff for new entries? I can send one in around 6:30-6:45 tomorrow morning but not any earlier. If that doesn't work for you that's fine.

DEADLINE: October 19th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

You can convert it to your own timezone.

The event is officially over! The voting thread will be up in a few minutes.

Archived