Collinwood Trojans (High School Rebrand) My first concept

bnolen

This is my first concept. I have visited the site for years and I always have admired many of the awesome concepts posted on this board. I bought Coreldraw X7 and decided to take a crack at it. This concept is for a local school that just uses a green version of the USC trojan as their logo. Hope you guys enjoy. I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

trojanlogo_zpsglpkv1h1.pngtrojansec_zpsuhicyro7.pngtrojanunis_zpsskhthmzq.png

Fantastic first concept. I'm not sure I would change anything, but I'll spitball for you.

- Maybe take the pattern off the helmet, and use it as the border of a half roundel ala the original Ottawa Senators logo

- A "C" interlocking the TSword would be a nice secondary logo

- Font isn't bad, but doesn't scream Ancient Greek, which everything else in the concept does. Maybe go full board and get a more ancient looking font?

- Lightening either the beige or the green might create more contrast, both colours seem very similar.

- Use the full shield logo, not just the "C" on the pants

- Beige instead of white for the main pants

- The green bristles get lost in the green helmet, maybe a thicker border would help?

All in all, this is a great look for a high school, and like I said I'm not sure I would change anything.

qtOnrJr.png

I love this! Great work, and nice start to your logo making career.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I go to Columbia Academy and we have played Collinwood for many years so I've seen what they have now, and this is definitely better than it. You should tweak the logo a little bit and add the pattern to the pants and use white outlines instead of black on the Home jerseys. All in all this is a really good first concept and good luck with your future works.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

One thing I notice on the side view of the Trojan helmet is that the perspective of tha face mask and the top bristles is a side view, but the back of the helmet that would wrap around from ear to ear is rotated so the inside (right ear side) is visible (the black part). That makes it seem as if the helmet would not be symmetrical from ear to ear. I suggest that you shorten the black interior piece of the helmet by 2/3 of its current distance.

Thanks for all the comments. I've been super busy this week and I haven't been able to try and implement some of the changes that have been suggested. Hopefully I will have some time this weekend to update them. Thanks again.

Archived