buzzcut

College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

Who's your pick to cut down the nets in Houston? Mine is Kentucky. I think they'll be motivated, well the coaching staff at least, to get over the disappointment of falling short of perfection.

Please stop with the custom titles. They aren't that good.

Kentucky, North Carolina, Maryland, Duke and Kansas are the Top 5.

Meh.

The bigger news is the idea that basketball could become a one semester sport, or at least start weeks later.

Jon Wilner (San Jose Mercury News) spoke with NCAA's Dan Gavitt, who is the VP of Men's Basketball.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2015/10/14/ncaa-vp-dan-gavitt-on-moving-the-season-back-one-month-there-are-merits-on-a-lot-of-levels/

Meh.

The bigger news is the idea that basketball could become a one semester sport, or at least start weeks later.

Jon Wilner (San Jose Mercury News) spoke with NCAA's Dan Gavitt, who is the VP of Men's Basketball.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/collegesports/2015/10/14/ncaa-vp-dan-gavitt-on-moving-the-season-back-one-month-there-are-merits-on-a-lot-of-levels/

the issue with moving the season is that most of the major arena's (MSG and Verizon Center) are being used the NHL and NBA during the NCAA tournament for playoffs. they would have to find another arena to play the tournament in (maybe move to smaller towns).

Meh.

the issue with moving the season is that most of the major arena's (MSG and Verizon Center) are being used the NHL and NBA during the NCAA tournament for playoffs. they would have to find another arena to play the tournament in (maybe move to smaller towns).
The current venues work around the week inconvenience now because it's FREE MONEY. The host school, conference or chamber of commerce does the bid and the line to host the weekend is on your left. Cities will still want it. It's just 8 cities in the first week and 4 in the second.

Of course, I'm gonna pick Kentucky, but in other news, if you have heard about the scandal with the Louisville Cardinals basketball team and the hookers, you will love this video:

The best part of the video is that it was made by Sports Illustrated.

Did UAB's Jerod Hasse "pay for his players" or future players?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14103835/uab-blazers-coach-jerod-haase-paying-cost-attendance-teams

Or is he busting the myth that those schools who cry poor are lying and further illustrating how poor the advancement staff at UAB really is? No alumni nor booster was willing to pony up $23k for cost of attendance?

Wisconsin loses opener to Western Illinois. Bo Ryan going out with his only missed NCAA Tourney.

Wisconsin loses opener to Western Illinois. Bo Ryan going out with his only missed NCAA Tourney.

Eh, it's still early in the season. It's CFB not CBB, but remember when tOSU lost to VT last season? Besides, there's 64 teams that can make the tourney, most teams will have at least one bad loss.

LOL Bucky

Hornets!

Plus Arizona do not lose to the school up in Tempe this year.

ASU isn't beating anyone else this season. Those clowns in Tucson will likely get to keep that stained little trophy.

Unless the Wildcats are somehow more pathetic than we are this season. I can't see how, but I wouldn't put it past them.

So, KU and Michigan State square off tonight. I'm torn on who I want to win, KU got embarrassed last year to Kentucky, Michigan State also bit the dust against Duke. Both teams need to redeem themselves from last year, but only one can do it!

Oh god, I sound like ESPN.

Go Cards!