buzzcut

College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

MSU is 8-0 after beating Louisville. I'm starting to believe the hype that this team is better than last years. Hopefully, this continues into conference play.

KU got Cheik Diallo back, this after the NCAA finally cleared him. He impressed me, even though he didn't have any points in the first half.

MSU is 8-0 after beating Louisville. I'm starting to believe the hype that this team is better than last years. Hopefully, this continues into conference play.

Good game for the Spartans and good luck to them!

So... floating this out there: Two years ago, undefeated No. 17 Iowa State beats No. 23 Iowa... and storms the court.

Last night, undefeated No. 4 Iowa State beats unranked Iowa... and storms the court.

I don't pay close attention to such things, so both stood out to me as odd.

I always thought court-storming was an upset-related thing. Any other examples of a top 5 team storming the court after a win over an unranked rival?

So... floating this out there: Two years ago, undefeated No. 17 Iowa State beats No. 23 Iowa... and storms the court.

Last night, undefeated No. 4 Iowa State beats unranked Iowa... and storms the court.

I don't pay close attention to such things, so both stood out to me as odd.

I always thought court-storming was an upset-related thing. Any other examples of a top 5 team storming the court after a win over an unranked rival?

Iowa State was down 20 at one point in that game.

I think that was a factor in the court storming.

So this happens? No. 4 Duke comes back by 20 to beat unranked UNC and the Cameron Crazies storm the court?

Honestly curious. It seems odd to me but maybe it isn't.

So this happens? No. 4 Duke comes back by 20 to beat unranked UNC and the Cameron Crazies storm the court?

Honestly curious. It seems odd to me but maybe it isn't.

Down 20 your win probability is really bad. Come back against hated in-state rival, yeah, you're rushing the court.

In the fans' defense, the video made it look like he tripped... either over the raised floor or a woman's legs.

No students near him.

Just looked through Bleacher Report's 15 most annoying court storms. Exactly zero had a higher seed beating an unranked. A couple of two-ranked games were in there, including a UNC-Duke, but always a lower beating a higher.

Odd timing. Probably a combo of not wanting to, at this age, do a re-build and retiring mid-year so assistant Greg Gard can get an audition. Funny; when Dick Bennett retired, he did so about three games into the season so his assistant would get a shot. Wisconsin did not keep that guy on and instead hired Bo Ryan.

Don't worry, if they make the tournament, Barry Alvarez will tell interim coach Greg Gard to move over so that he can pay himself another bonus like he has in the previous bowl seasons when his coaches quit

With Bo Ryan gone we can say goodbye to paying taxes and say hello to immortality!

okay, maybe not.

Iowa got revenge for the Big Ten championship game.

That was a TERRIBLE call to end the half on in KU-OU. One of the worst ive ever seen in my life.

That was a TERRIBLE call to end the half on in KU-OU. One of the worst ive ever seen in my life.

Yup, Frank Mason got all ball. What's worse is the Self got a technical, better him than Frank getting one, though.

That might have been the best basketball game I have ever seen. Buddy Hield is one hell of a player.

Dave Rice is gone at UNLV. No surprise, since they had grossly underachieved with him at the helm.