College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

buzzcut

MSU is 8-0 after beating Louisville. I'm starting to believe the hype that this team is better than last years. Hopefully, this continues into conference play.

KU got Cheik Diallo back, this after the NCAA finally cleared him. He impressed me, even though he didn't have any points in the first half.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So... floating this out there: Two years ago, undefeated No. 17 Iowa State beats No. 23 Iowa... and storms the court.

Last night, undefeated No. 4 Iowa State beats unranked Iowa... and storms the court.

I don't pay close attention to such things, so both stood out to me as odd.

I always thought court-storming was an upset-related thing. Any other examples of a top 5 team storming the court after a win over an unranked rival?

So... floating this out there: Two years ago, undefeated No. 17 Iowa State beats No. 23 Iowa... and storms the court.

Last night, undefeated No. 4 Iowa State beats unranked Iowa... and storms the court.

I don't pay close attention to such things, so both stood out to me as odd.

I always thought court-storming was an upset-related thing. Any other examples of a top 5 team storming the court after a win over an unranked rival?

Iowa State was down 20 at one point in that game.

I think that was a factor in the court storming.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So this happens? No. 4 Duke comes back by 20 to beat unranked UNC and the Cameron Crazies storm the court?

Honestly curious. It seems odd to me but maybe it isn't.

Down 20 your win probability is really bad. Come back against hated in-state rival, yeah, you're rushing the court.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

In the fans' defense, the video made it look like he tripped... either over the raised floor or a woman's legs.

No students near him.

Just looked through Bleacher Report's 15 most annoying court storms. Exactly zero had a higher seed beating an unranked. A couple of two-ranked games were in there, including a UNC-Duke, but always a lower beating a higher.

Odd timing. Probably a combo of not wanting to, at this age, do a re-build and retiring mid-year so assistant Greg Gard can get an audition. Funny; when Dick Bennett retired, he did so about three games into the season so his assistant would get a shot. Wisconsin did not keep that guy on and instead hired Bo Ryan.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Don't worry, if they make the tournament, Barry Alvarez will tell interim coach Greg Gard to move over so that he can pay himself another bonus like he has in the previous bowl seasons when his coaches quit

• 2 weeks later...

Archived