College Basketball 2016: Houston, we have a full court press

buzzcut

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thhe Big XII champion is gonna have 2 losses. It will be Kansas, Oklahoma, or West Virginia. Heck it may be all 3 of them end up as champions.

Probably need to double that. The winner will most likely finish with 4 conference losses (pre-conference tourney) as @TCU and @Okie St. appear to be the only "easy" road games.

• 2 weeks later...

Boy did I underestimate most of the Big 12. I kinda hope KU can pull off another championship but to be honest I would trade this streak for a national championship or even more frequent final four apperances. Its kinda shocking to me to see that Self has only mde 2 final fours.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Time for a big time bump in the form of Championship Week! One bid is up for grabs today...

Ohio Valley - Nashville, TN

#8 Austin Peay Governors vs. #2 UT-Martin Skyhawks

Records:

AP: 17-17 (7-9)

UTM: 19-13 (10-6)

It's the first final of the year and the chaos began early as Austin Peay has won three games in three days to reach the final and that includes a monumental upset of top seeded Belmont in yesterday's semifinals. To complete this Cinderella run, they need to beat the Skyhawks of UT-Martin, who won only one game so far: Last night's win over Morehead State.

1 hour ago, Seadragon76 said:

Time for a big time bump in the form of Championship Week! One bid is up for grabs today...

Ohio Valley - Nashville, TN

#8 Austin Peay Governors vs. #2 UT-Martin Skyhawks

Records:

AP: 17-17 (7-9)

UTM: 19-13 (10-6)

It's the first final of the year and the chaos began early as Austin Peay has won three games in three days to reach the final and that includes a monumental upset of top seeded Belmont in yesterday's semifinals. To complete this Cinderella run, they need to beat the Skyhawks of UT-Martin, who won only one game so far: Last night's win over Morehead State.

You overlooked that Belmont gave us our initial "One Crying Moment of 2016"

IMAG0114_zpsalselj8h.jpg

34 minutes ago, ICTknight said:

Wichita State is once again unable to exorcise their arch madness demons which puts them on the bubble.

Got a text alert the game was in OT on CBSSN.

Changed channel to game and saw it was 47-47.

Went back to other things as a 47-47 game is close, but unwatchable. If I was in the arena, I would've left and walked two blocks to go to Maggie O'Brien's and watched the end of Doral.

22 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

There's Peay all in the Big Dance!

Their fans shall show their Peayness there!

Brutal times at UCLA. Despite a talented squad, they will be 10th in conference at 6-12, including finishing behind IMO a really weak Stanford team. Steve Alford SHOULD be a dead man walking, but he has an albatross of a buyout which will probably save him.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

Their fans shall show their Peayness there!

Brutal times at UCLA. Despite a talented squad, they will be 10th in conference at 6-12, including finishing behind IMO a really weak Stanford team. Steve Alford SHOULD be a dead man walking, but he has an albatross of a buyout which will probably save him.

UCLA was in the Sweet 16 the two previous years.  

Honestly, his issue is that his son has the ball too much.  It's hard to play for your Pops. Ask Saul Smith (Tubby), Sean Sutton (Eddie), 

http://collegehoopedia.com/players/father-son-combinations

Gege Smith @ UGA is kinds the best player and he was smart enough not to try to be the leading scorer.

Archived