NCAA Football Concepts - Michigan State added 10/26/15

martymcfry

eSNV0dD.png

Nike had a good idea with TCU, but executed it poorly. I decided to get rid of the frogskin pattern anyway, though part of that had to do with me not being able to find a photo to trace. Anyway, red makes a comeback as a trim color, I did that to separate them from Northwestern and because it contrasts the purple nicely. The frog is on the sleeves, which are capped with a contrasting color, something I took from their previous set. Finally, a blackout set replaces the grey one.

I'm really a fan of your treatment of my Buckeyes. The little bit a black helps to modernize the look really well.

TCU's utilization of red makes the team look aggressive, which is always good for any sports team. Black sock with purple would make the Black alt a more complete look.

And for U of Washington, could we see the Husky on the helmet? In my eyes, it's a far more superior logo to the W

That's what- She

TCU looks awesome.

I'm in the minority here but I like the original Ohio State concept the best, always liked their rivalry uniforms.

Thanks! And I like the rivalry unis too. That's why I kept them in the update.

I'm really a fan of your treatment of my Buckeyes. The little bit a black helps to modernize the look really well.

TCU's utilization of red makes the team look aggressive, which is always good for any sports team. Black sock with purple would make the Black alt a more complete look.

And for U of Washington, could we see the Husky on the helmet? In my eyes, it's a far more superior logo to the W

KWlWHQE.png

-Update: Black socks for the blackout. It ties in the blackout better.

9LaIG5G.png

- Tried the Dawg on the helmet.

TCU looks awesome.

I'm in the minority here but I like the original Ohio State concept the best, always liked their rivalry uniforms.

Thanks! And I like the rivalry unis too. That's why I kept them in the update.

KWlWHQE.png

-Update: Black socks for the blackout. It ties in the blackout better.

9LaIG5G.png

- Tried the Dawg on the helmet.

Not a fan of the Husky on all of the UW helmets. The gold helmet should have the W on it.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Purple and red should become the schools colors, unpopular opinion there but that makes one badass color scheme.

I guarantee you, that would ONLY happen for football.

The football program's identity is somewhat separate from the other athletics.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I went back on my idea for a modernized Ohio State.

ML1hzyW.png

Okay, so you gotta be wondering why. I went looking for some inspiration for things to incorporate into the update when I decided Ohio State is simply not a team to be messed with. All the great teams from the 60s, 70s, and 80s used similar designs, and I decided tradition was the way to go with the Buckeyes. I kept the Pro Combat, though, because I still like it.

I think your first attempt was far better. It's not really a concept, either, if all you really did was change the numbers on the road playoff jersey's shoulders to black and kept everything else the same. Just needed the tweaks I mentioned to make your first attempt at a modernization perfect, IMO. Also, the Buckeye Leafs start on the left side of the helmet (if you're looking at the back).

Purple and red should become the schools colors, unpopular opinion there but that makes one badass color scheme.

I guarantee you, that would ONLY happen for football.

The football program's identity is somewhat separate from the other athletics.

Looking up some basketball and baseball photos, that seems right.

Nice Job!

Thanks! Welcome to the boards!

I went back on my idea for a modernized Ohio State.

ML1hzyW.png

Okay, so you gotta be wondering why. I went looking for some inspiration for things to incorporate into the update when I decided Ohio State is simply not a team to be messed with. All the great teams from the 60s, 70s, and 80s used similar designs, and I decided tradition was the way to go with the Buckeyes. I kept the Pro Combat, though, because I still like it.

I think your first attempt was far better. It's not really a concept, either, if all you really did was change the numbers on the road playoff jersey's shoulders to black and kept everything else the same. Just needed the tweaks I mentioned to make your first attempt at a modernization perfect, IMO. Also, the Buckeye Leafs start on the left side of the helmet (if you're looking at the back).

Like I said, I went back on the modernization because I felt Ohio State had a lot of tradition that I didn't want to mess with.

Arizona and Washington look great in the original post, not sold on the Husky Helmet for UW. Colorado is PERFECT! That's what the Buffs should look like! TCU looks good, but something's just not clicking with me on it. OhSt looks good in the second design, since I think the ProCom look is best for an alt, but maybe a black traditional set might have been a unique twist on it. I've never been a fan of the black shoulder numbers, so maybe making all the numbers with the black outline instead would keep the traditional look with a change?

With the greek pattern that they use now, keep it the same as it currently is but make it less subtle and you have winner... The gold/bronze set you created i feel is a downgrade from what they wore against Oregon. Your color looks a little more gold than bronze which IMO throws it off a bit. I do like the addition of the pants stripe though!

a2BRS8U.png

With the greek pattern that they use now, keep it the same as it currently is but make it less subtle and you have winner... The gold/bronze set you created i feel is a downgrade from what they wore against Oregon. Your color looks a little more gold than bronze which IMO throws it off a bit. I do like the addition of the pants stripe though!

Could you explain what you mean by "less subtle"? I've included it everywhere I thought I might've overdone it.

And I meant for it to be a bit more gold, under the lights the look gets muddled because the bronze looks brown. The bronze-gold color makes the whole thing look brighter.

Gotchya, and what i meant be less subtle is I love how the current pattern looks on the sleeves but it is really barely noticeable, so maybe the same sleeve design pattern just bolder and more noticeable.

a2BRS8U.png

Gotchya, and what i meant be less subtle is I love how the current pattern looks on the sleeves but it is really barely noticeable, so maybe the same sleeve design pattern just bolder and more noticeable.

Look at the sleeves...

Archived