Ohio State Black Uniforms

Roryfan

So I've been working on redesigning a lot of college football team's uniforms and, since this weekend is when tOSU reveals their all black uniforms against Penn State, I've decided to go ahead and present my version of what they should have created. The majority of us hate them and feel as if we could have done a lot better job of modernizing their uniform while keeping their historic and legendary feel. I chose to stick with their traditional layout as well as keeping their modern helmets and pants. This way, although they won't be wearing their famous scarlet red or white tops, they can still be easily identifiable as the Ohio State Buckeyes.

OhioState_Black_zps0dp4qigd.jpg

Click for a detailed view

So much better than the real deal. The only thing I would change is to replace the buckeyes script for the athletic/block O logo

I agree. I was actually in the process of creating their entire set as well as many other teams and felt they might need to have a script. That's why it appears on here. However, with their current uniforms, I'd much rather use the Block O. Thanks for pointing that out and I will update it soon!

I agree with you all in this case. I felt as if Ohio State has some of the most beautiful uniforms in all of sports and the history and success behind them is unmatched. Nike does in fact have a lot of great primary and alternate uniforms out there. I just feel as if they're forcing change on schools that absolutely do not need it. They also did this with Tennessee's Smokey Grey uniform.

With that said, yes Ohio State can definitely benefit from an alternate uniform; and there pro combat alternates definitely still look great. A black uniform could be used very well for them as long as they keep their traditional uniform in tact and that was my goal of this project.

I actually am a huge fan of the currents. I feel that they have a good change and an overall nice set, but this is really nice too. I enjoy both and would like to see both on the field.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thanks for all the feedback. Here is an updated version with the pride stickers and the collar logo.

Btw, does anybody know where I can find the newest Adidas template that's on here a lot? Looking to create Michigan and others as well.

OSU_Vlack_zpsiwqf0nha.jpg

I actually am a huge fan of the currents. I feel that they have a good change and an overall nice set, but this is really nice too. I enjoy both and would like to see both on the field.

My only concern with the ones Nike actually unveiled are that they don't stand apart from other schools. It's definitely a nice design, but when I turn on the tv I'll have to do a double take to see if it's Ohio State or Nebraska because there's no brand elements present and that's not something you'd want from a marketing standpoint.

Thanks for all the feedback. Here is an updated version with the pride stickers and the collar logo.

Btw, does anybody know where I can find the newest Adidas template that's on here a lot? Looking to create Michigan and others as well.

OSU_Vlack_zpsiwqf0nha.jpg

Good stuff. This would probably be my favorite uniform at any level of football if it came to life. As an alternate, it's one instance where a black jersey just works. It does not feel forced. If it wasn't the Ohio State, this would make a great primary set.

On a side note -- you could make it into an interesting Atlanta Falcons concept pretty easily.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Archived