BISON: A Retrospective (New Concept Added)

hettinger_rl

(Not at all sure this should go here, but...) On a completely different note, I really loved your Raptors concept in the Logolympiad. That is a fantastic way to salvage the team name; I wonder if you didn't place because the alternate definition of raptor went over some of the voters' heads. The beak could have used some tweaks, but overall the concept was awesome.

Thanks! Yeah, I think it could've been a combo of both. I started it as a Secondary style logo, then I thought I saw someone post that it wasn't supposed to be secondary, just an alternate. So I added the shield shape, ball, Toronto, and Raptors. I did the beak like 3 times and still wasn't completely satisfied with it, but I liked sneeking the maple leaf in there.

I thought; the team has moved away from the dino look... there are raptor birds... eagles and falcons are over-done... can't do hawks.... an owl....the team is all about the north... owl...north...northern owl...Snow Owl! It would fit in perfectly with Drake being part owner too, his OVO company uses an owl. I may have to start a thread with that logo and do some tweaks.

Exactly, the snowy owl is perfect for them. Great job.

I agree. I loved yours (and I think I included it in my "honorable mention", but if I didn't, I meant to) I love the maple leaf in the beak. There were too many great entries in that round, I almost didn't want to vote.

tinysig.jpg

• 5 months later...

I love the buffalos, and based on the buffalo with the purple and gold I would bet you went to school at stanley county, Ft. Pierre, SD.

Reach out to me I have a business proposal.  I like your art and I want to hire you for a project. 

Archived