LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 2 - Time Warp

pollux

Logolympiad2015.png

TimeWarp2015_Event.png

Once again, were going back in time! For this event, you have to create a vintage look for NHL teams that have joined the league after 1990 as if they had joined the league as part of the biggest NHL expansion of 1967.

The teams you can work with are: San Jose Sharks (1991), Ottawa Senators (1992), Tampa Bay Lightning (1992), Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (1993), Florida Panthers (1993), Nashville Predators (1998), Atlanta Thrashers (1999), Minnesota Wild (2000), and Columbus Blue Jackets (2000).
  • The city and the team name must remain the same.
  • You can keep the same colors or go a completely different way.
  • You need to provide one colored uniform set (not white), consisting of a jersey and socks. Do NOT provide any equipment.
  • You also need to provide a new primary logo with the uniform.
  • Your primary logo should look like a logo designed in 1967.
DEADLINE: October 23rd, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I won't give out warnings this time!

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Technically, wouldn't Carolina work also because Hartford relocated in '97

No. A relocation is NOT a new team. I specifically listed the teams that are allowed. Keep within that list.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Are you looking for *only* jersey and socks? Or can the template used have other elements as well?

For this event, provide only the jersey and socks. Do not provide equipment.

I have updated the original post.

Is there a certain brand we have to use for the uniform?

No. You can use any template you like, as long as you only provide a jersey and socks.

can anyone provide or recommend a template please. I am have a terribly hard time finding one that is small enough to fit in a 800-600 frame

I can't think of any image editing program that doesn't allow you to re-size images, and honestly, images that start at a larger scale that are re-sized smaller look just as good if not better than images that are done on a smaller scale to begin with. I'm just making a suggestion here, but use the best template you can find, and re-size the image down to fit the size required.

do we need to put the team's current logo somewhere small in the presentation like you requested in event 1?

You shouldn't have to. You're creating a new look and logo, so your design should create a strong enough brand that we should be able to look at your logo/jersey and know who's uniform/logo you've designed.

can anyone provide or recommend a template please. I am have a terribly hard time finding one that is small enough to fit in a 800-600 frame

You should be able to resize any template on the required frame. Even with Paint you can do that.

do we need to put the team's current logo somewhere small in the presentation like you requested in event 1?

No. Only provide your new primary logo along with a colored uniform set (jersey and socks only).

Colorado Avalanche?

Like GoNordiques said:

Technically, wouldn't Carolina work also because Hartford relocated in '97

No. A relocation is NOT a new team. I specifically listed the teams that are allowed. Keep within that list.

Keep within the list of nine teams.

I need come clarification. Does "jersey" strictly mean the sweater? Or are talking about the sweater and pants?

Are you looking for *only* jersey and socks? Or can the template used have other elements as well?

For this event, provide only the jersey and socks. Do not provide equipment.

Ice-hockey-equipment-list-what-do-i-need

Hockey pants are part of the equipment. I've never heard someone referring to a jersey as sweater and pants. Also, a sweater might have been the right term for the jersey back in the 1940's, but it's not anymore.

A jersey is a jersey, and that's it... I don't know how clearer that could be.

my question is: can our logo be a simpler version of their current logo, looking at how most of the current NHL logos are visually enhanced version of something from the past? or does it have to be something new and distinct?

CgWPTYS.jpgaPH2PVF.jpg

my question is: can our logo be a simpler version of their current logo, looking at how most of the current NHL logos are visually enhanced version of something from the past? or does it have to be something new and distinct?

Your primary logo can be a simpler version of the current logo, or be something completely new. You decide what you want the logo to look like.

However, if you go with a simpler version, it has to be clearly your version, not simply removing two lines and calling it a day. Keep in mind that it has to be in sync with what logos looked like during the 1960's.

Find a template and make sure the lines on the big template are more than one pixel thick. Then scale it making it proportional.

Archived