LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 1 VOTING

pollux

You all came out of the gates strong for this year's first event! I received 41 entries in total, the most for any event of the Logolympiad ever! However, I had to disqualify 4 of those entries.

I'm glad not to be voting on this event... It's going to be tough! Good luck picking your winners!

The requirements for this event were:

You must create an alternate logo for an active team from the National Basketball Association. The logo should be strong enough so that it could replace the current primary logo for the team.

• Use colors that are already part of the teams current color scheme. You can check colors on the Colorwerx website or on the TeamColors website. Do NOT add any more colors.
  • Include the current primary logo in your submission as a reference. The primary logo should not take more than 150px by 150px on the template, as it is not the focus of the work here.

List your 3 favorites, ranked 1, 2, 3.

The vote closes on Thursday, October 22nd, 11:59AM Eastern Time (three days from now).

Voting is now over.

Entries

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5 WARNING: Missing primary logo on the submission

Entry 6

Entry 7 WARNING: Missing primary logo on the submission

Entry 8

Entry 9 WARNING: Less than 70px of white space at the bottom of the submission (the bottom of the lightning on the left has been cut off because of it)

Entry 10

Entry 11

Entry 12

Entry 13 DISQUALIFIED: Used both the Orlando City logo with the LMU Lions logo, therefore no new artwork.

Entry 14

Entry 15

Entry 16

Entry 17

Entry 18 WARNING: Entry was submitted on a 1250 x 938 template

Entry 19

Entry 20

Entry 21

Entry 22

Entry 23

Entry 24

Entry 25

Entry 26

Entry 27

Entry 28

Entry 29

Entry 30 WARNING: Entry was submitted on a 2667 x 2000 template (likely caused by exporting at 300PPI)

Entry 31

Entry 32

Entry 33

Entry 34

Entry 35

Entry 36

Entry 37

Disqualified Entries

Keep in mind that I received the first three rejected entries on the very first day the event was unveiled, seven days ago. There was plenty of time for users to change and resubmit their entries if necessary.

Supernova Concepts' entry is disqualified as it is not new artwork at all: it is merely a stripped down version of the current primary.

BostonStrong13's entry is completely off. The team is not in the NBA, the format was 625 x 1006 and it didn't follow the naming convention at all for the email subject and the file.

htown1141's entry is also disqualified as it is not new artwork at all: it's a mashup of current and past elements from the teams logos.

NOLAPelicans23's entry is disqualified for using a color not in the color palette, especially after asking several times about it. Also, the entry was sent as a 5312 x 2988 file and used the wrong naming convention for both the email subject and the file. I understand that it's a picture of the drawing, and then sent via a phone, but everyone else has taken the time to resize and send properly, so I will not make any exception to the rules for submitting the entries.

Reminder

The voting will be open to public voting once the event is officially over. Once the finalists have been posted in the event thread, voting will be open for 3 days.

Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE October 1st. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry (I'll know if you did, and will not count your vote). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries until voting closes.

Voting will be via the 3-2-1 points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a gold, silver and bronze winner. Gold votes are worth 3 points, Silver worth 2, Bronze worth 1.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - MontrΓ©al Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#1: 28

#2: 1

#3: 36

Getting it down to 5 wasn't too hard. After that, it was agony.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2Β seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20,Β 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions) |Β HoustonΒ Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018)Β | Louisville ThoroughbredsΒ - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions)Β | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)Β 

Gold: 21

Silver: 10

Bronze: 3

Lots of great submissions, but based on the criteria/requirement of having an 'alternate' logo that could sub-in for a teams current primary...I chose the above 3. Many of the submissions although wonderful and creative, are secondary logos.

spacer.png

Archived