LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 1 VOTING

pollux

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW. Really impressed with some of the work here. My top 3 ended up being easy, but there's a solid tier below that I feel like giving a shoutout, and another tier that I like in concept, just not execution.

Here's my top 3:

1. Entry 16 (the work you put into creating something new sent this to the top for me)
  2. Entry 26 (the fact that the rose-basketball isn't in bloom makes me question it for a split-second, so I gave this 2nd, even though it's beautiful)
  3. Entry 35 (what a fun and well-executed idea)

Honorable mentions (in numerical order):

• Entry 7 (immediately upon seeing this logo, I thought to myself, "Yeah, why not?")
  • Entry 14 (if GSW really have added "Slate" to their official identity, then sure, why not have a recolor like this?)
  • Entry 21 (I appreciate the work that went into this, and if the Bulls for some reason ever decide on changing their identity, I'd be open to its inclusion)

Liked the concept but not so much the execution (in numerical order):

• Entry 1
  • Entry 8
  • Entry 18
  • Entry 28

(Don't know why it turned out that way, with all those 8s.)

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

I voted based on the idea of Alternate being different or alternative, not secondary. Some looked like Alternate Primaries and some looked like Secondary logos. Things seemed a little gray in these regards.

I voted based on the idea of Alternate being different or alternative, not secondary. Some looked like Alternate Primaries and some looked like Secondary logos. Things seemed a little gray in these regards.

Definitely some gray area with alt primary and secondary based on the requirements.

I will definitely keep this in mind for the future. It was more open to discussion than I thought it would be. Keep in mind I'm doing everything by myself, so sometimes what's clear in my mind isn't as clear for others.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Definitely some gray area with alt primary and secondary based on the requirements.

I will definitely keep this in mind for the future. It was more open to discussion than I thought it would be. Keep in mind I'm doing everything by myself, so sometimes what's clear in my mind isn't as clear for others.

And you're doing a good job.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Able to get it down to 6, but after that it was pure and unadulterated torture. We have some seriously talented people on these boards.

G: 28

S: 36

B: 1

6, 2, and 14 were my other three picks.

spacer.png

Can you make a voting medal?

What? Can you explain what a voting medal is?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived