Anaheim Ducks - because I've been sitting on these

capn89

I figured since I've seen some Ducks concepts floating around recently I should post something I finished a few months back just to share. I wanted to use the old Mighty Ducks colors (that I personally like a lot) and combine with with modern striping as well as incorperating all of the logo colors (I removed black). Sicne the yellow/gold was always difficult to use in a substantial way it exists within the design of the home and road as slight accents to the stripes as well as on the pants.

22109246599_4f3eff93d7_o.png

This is definitely a great look for the Ducks. I like how you seamlessly mixed the eras and added a touch of orange. My only complaint is that the alternate could use some orange too, like in the logo or maybe just an extra stripe around the yoke, arm striping, and hem striping. Overall, great work!

This is definitely a great look for the Ducks. I like how you seamlessly mixed the eras and added a touch of orange. My only complaint is that the alternate could use some orange too, like in the logo or maybe just an extra stripe around the yoke, arm striping, and hem striping. Overall, great work!

Thank you very much Zeus. I will definitely play around with the alternate with your sugjestions. To be honest, while I didn't completely mail-in the alt it was more of an afterthought to what I was going for with the primaries. Thank you for your comments. Be sure to keep them coming. :)

I love these, but the logo needs to change on the alternate. Those colors just don't work on that logo like that.

Thank you for the thoughts. Any suggestions for the logo on the alternate? Recolor or something different? Like I mentioned in my reply to Zeus, I will play around with the alt, so I will keep your thoughts in mind as well.

Normally I'm not keen on yellow being added to Mighty Ducks uniforms, but the subtle use of it works well here and I like it very much.

It's tricky to make the D work in the original colour scheme, but if you intend on keeping it there, maybe that's where the yellow would come in handy.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I've never liked the webbed 'D' in eggplant and teal but besides that minor gripe, I'm a fan. I like how you incorporated a small amount of yellow into the striping of the main set. I also like how the triangle on the home jersey is teal instead of grey.

Love the home and road set.

Alternate is okay. My one suggestion would be regarding the webbed-D logo (as everyone else seems to be mentioning). You managed to incorporate a splash of yellow into the home and road jerseys rather well, and it's still being used on the shoulder logo of the alternate. You could get away with making the webbed-D logo yellow with outlines using any of the other four colors.

Simple suggestion example: take current logo, replace gold with yellow, black with eggplant, orange with jade, keep silver where used.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like this a lot. The colors are cool, they bring back fond memories of watching them on TV growing up (I loved the colors). When they switched to the current scheme however, I found I liked it even better. But, either way it is cool, and nice work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

I love these, but the logo needs to change on the alternate. Those colors just don't work on that logo like that.

Thank you for the thoughts. Any suggestions for the logo on the alternate? Recolor or something different? Like I mentioned in my reply to Zeus, I will play around with the alt, so I will keep your thoughts in mind as well.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the D-foot, so the best advice I can give you is to switch to either of these logos (just the mask for both):

4.gif34pfm005grx6qvtqs0jk255w1.gif

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Normally I'm not keen on yellow being added to Mighty Ducks uniforms, but the subtle use of it works well here and I like it very much.

It's tricky to make the D work in the original colour scheme, but if you intend on keeping it there, maybe that's where the yellow would come in handy.

wildwing64, thank you for your thoughts, they're much appreciated. I laid out a few ideas for the alternate that I will be posting after I do my replying and would gladly like your thoughts.

I've never liked the webbed 'D' in eggplant and teal but besides that minor gripe, I'm a fan. I like how you incorporated a small amount of yellow into the striping of the main set. I also like how the triangle on the home jersey is teal instead of grey.

Morgo, I loved the original Ducks jerseys, but the gray triangle in the home logo always bugged me. Glad to see I am not alone in that. Thank you very much for your reply.

Love the home and road set.

Alternate is okay. My one suggestion would be regarding the webbed-D logo (as everyone else seems to be mentioning). You managed to incorporate a splash of yellow into the home and road jerseys rather well, and it's still being used on the shoulder logo of the alternate. You could get away with making the webbed-D logo yellow with outlines using any of the other four colors.

Simple suggestion example: take current logo, replace gold with yellow, black with eggplant, orange with jade, keep silver where used.

Roger Clemente, thank you very much for your comments. There is actually no yellow in the shoulder logos of the alternate jersey. The stick color was swapped from yellow to gray for the specific purpose of avoiding that issues. Now while the issue could be raised that "well now you just have the problem with gray, instead" I see it as more of a neutral color rather than something as jarring as the gold. As mention in my reply above I did throw together a few ideas based on the feedback I got and would like to hear your thoughts. (posting them in a bit)

I like this a lot. The colors are cool, they bring back fond memories of watching them on TV growing up (I loved the colors). When they switched to the current scheme however, I found I liked it even better. But, either way it is cool, and nice work.

jrcollis714, I don't hate the current colors so much as I just happen to like the unique look of the eggplant and jade of the Mighty era. As mentioned on my blog I altered the hue of the colors for something a little different from the original colors. Thanks for the reply.

I really like this. What you did with the yellow-orange is gold. (See what I did there?) anyeays you put it minimally in the uniform but enough to be prominent and it's in the right spots. I find no flaws

flyersfan, Thanks a lot for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the D-foot, so the best advice I can give you is to switch to either of these logos (just the mask for both):

TRoyConcepts, I'm not a huge fan of the webbed "D" either, though I do think it plays a good role as a secondary logo and possibly (as I used here) an alternate jersey logo. Like mentioned in some of the other replies I did mock up some ideas based on comments, once of which uses (in a way) one of the logos you suggested. Would enjoy your thoughts. Thank you for your comments.

These are really slick. Nice work! I feel that the alternate jersey would work better as a Stadium Series jersey. It has a pretty futuristic feel, and it'd took great outdoors.

Zeke Goldsmith, Thank you very much for the comments. It's funny because I was actually trying to make the alternate a bit more simplistic, but based on the current trend of Stadium Series jersey I can definitely see where you are coming from.

For the sake of seeing the alternates that I mocked up I have included the four five of them alongside the primaries to get a feel of what the overall set might look like. Personally I still like my original idea with the simplified alternate, but my opinions are as valid as anyone's. Ultimately we all have different tastes. However, it was fun playing around with the ideas offered and trying to keep the feel of the alternate the same while including the various ideas suggested. I would love to hear your thoughts.

Episode I - The Phantom Yellow Menace

21861593864_65f2006993_o.png

Episode II - Attack of the Golds

21863137343_b4a9a8fcc9_o.png

Episode III - Revenge of the Yellow Sh... Stuff

22297505989_b428a2cb44_o.png

Episode IV - A New Logo

21863137113_3120eddc46_o.png

Episode V - The Number Color Strikes Back

22473505016_32f9b67f27_o.png

The D looks great in white, with that bit of gold keeping it consistent with the duck mask. Probably the best use of the Mighty Ducks colours I've seen with that logo. I think that first set is your winner here!

I will say though, set II's third jersey stripes are very similar to what the Sharks once wore, and I couldn't see that going down too well :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I see what you did there.

Awesome

Silence of the Rams, just as awesome of you for noticing. :)

The D looks great in white, with that bit of gold keeping it consistent with the duck mask. Probably the best use of the Mighty Ducks colours I've seen with that logo. I think that first set is your winner here!

I will say though, set II's third jersey stripes are very similar to what the Sharks once wore, and I couldn't see that going down too well :P

wildwing64, Thanks for the comments, I will continue to tinker with that jersey, if not do something completely different at some point in time. As for the Sharks comment... D'oh! You're right, that one jersey does look a bit too similar to the previous Sharks jerseys. Good eye on that one. :)

Archived