Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Golden Gophers added

oldschoolvikings

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Notre Dame added
48 minutes ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I’d trim down Ohio State to just the primary home & road sets, but with the classic sleeve striping.

And I’m with ND all the way until the green pants.

I get both of these comments. I'm a huge fan of the classic sleeve stripes for The, but the current primaries are a great look, too. I like the idea of the full sleeve stripe being a playoff uniform.

As for the green pants... believe me, it isn't like it's something I've always hoped for. My thought was this... what I really liked about the way the Irish used to bring out the green jersey was it that it was always a complete surprise, only once every couple of seasons. They wouldn't announce it, or do some stupid Instagram revel.  They come out to warm up in their usual navy jerseys, head back into the locker room, them BAM come running out the tunnel in green.  So, I was thinking... what could relicate that reaction on the road? Just switching to a different white jersey that had green numbers wouldn't do much but receive eye rolls, I think. Most fans probably wouldn't even notice. But green pants might have the same WTF reaction, if you could avoid those stupid Instagram videos before hand. 

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Michigan added

So, for obvious reasons I've never done in Oregon Ducks football concept before. I've always said that at this point, with every other mid-tier college team pumping out multiple combinations,  the most radical thing the Ducks could do is pare down to one helmet, two jerseys, and one pair of pants.  I still kind of believe that. 

However, just because I think their basic colors (the bright green and yellow) are so great, and their logo package of the "O", the cartoon duck, and the helmet wings are really strong, I thought what the hell?  And I gotta say, it was a great time. I built one basic template and just plugged in the colors.  

So, eliminate all silver, gray, or black. Use the extra dark green as a sub for black elements.  It's three helmet shells, but with the logo switches, six helmet possibilities. Three jerseys... green, white, and yellow (I don't care to see that super-dark green used as a jersey or helmet personally).  Four pairs of pants... green, white, yellow, nightmare green.  That's a lot of combinations, although I would never wear two thirds of them, personally. I included 12 here.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 2

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Oregon Ducks added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Florida Gators added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Illinois added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Minnesota Golden Gophers added
  • 1 month later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Miami Hurricanes added
  • 1 month later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Indiana Hoosiers added
  • 4 months later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Iowa State added
  • 5 months later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Colorado added
  • 1 month later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - West Virginia added
  • 4 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Louisville Cardinals added
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

This is so weird and disjointed. And yet, I like it; especially the home and away looks. (The single black stripe on the white helmet is wild, for instance.) Any explanation for why you went this direction?

The weird and disjointed look is definitely intentional.  I was shooting for a 50’s sort of pieced together thing.  Like they were a red and beige team in the 40’s and a new coach brought in a few black elements. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...