Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Golden Gophers added

oldschoolvikings

6 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Question in good faith: Are you proposing a name change along with the concept uniform for East Carolina? Since it's a concept, that could very well be the case. "Eastern Carolina" caught my eye because I'd never heard of it referred to that way.

Oops.  Nope. Just a typo.

• Like 1

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - East Carolina added
9 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Question in good faith: Are you proposing a name change along with the concept uniform for East Carolina? Since it's a concept, that could very well be the case. "Eastern Carolina" caught my eye because I'd never heard of it referred to that way.

Fixed

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - UCLA added
  • 3 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Michigan State added
  • 2 weeks later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Eastern Michigan added
2 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

I’d like EMU a bit more if they didn’t resemble East Lansing as much as they do. The alternate’s striping would probably be a better scheme for the home and road, just replacing the yellow with the steel grey they’ve recently introduced. 

I get that. I got one of my degrees from EMU and have lived in the area for so long I lose track of the similarities between Eastern and State, but I can definitely see why anyone from outside would rather see more visual separation between  the two schools. But in my mind when I'm doing these things, I'm just trying to come up with a good look for that particular team, and not worry about some other team's look. It's not like I actually got hired by anybody to deal with this.  It's kind of like the Nebraska/Wisconsin thing, or all the dark red and white teams down south... what's more important?  That my team's uniform looks as good as possible, or that it looks unique?

Also, EMU's use of steel gray sucks IMO. That dark green/dull gray color scheme is so unspeakably dull, depressing, and ugly there's no way I'd bother to make a concept from it. Over the years they've very occasionally played around with gold or navy as secondary colors in branding (although it's almost never made into the on-field stuff) so I've tried to add those colors here and there.

• Like 1

• oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Maryland added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - SMU added
  • 2 months later...
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Purdue added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Northwestern and Purdue added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Florida, Northwestern, and Purdue added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - TCU, Florida added
  • oldschoolvikings changed the title to Oldschoolviking's college football concepts - Texas Tech added
  • 3 months later...