LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 2 VOTING

pollux

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold-24

Silver-21

Bronze-5

Awesome entries, people! Loved #24, thought it really captured the year with the logo style and bold colors. Loved the logo of #5, and the color scheme of #21. In the end, 21 got the Silver because it felt like a timeless uniform that fans would love to see brought out for tradition time and again, and the logo was super simplistic but flowed with the uniform perfectly.

Super honorable mentions:

Please delete my account.

Here are the medals!

TimeWarp2015_Bronze.png

Once again, we have two bronze medals! They go to 72Freebie, for Entry 5, and OmegaRed, for Entry 6.

TimeWarp2015_Silver.png

The silver medal goes to officeglenn, our first multi medalist this year, for Entry 1.

TimeWarp2015_Gold.png

And the gold medal goes to missouri tigers, for Entry 15!

Please copy the medals and host them on your account if you want to add them to your signature.

List of participants and points tally:

1 officeglenn

2 SFGiants58

3 3pointtally

4 TheLogoManiac13

5 72Freebie

6 OmegaRed

7 pitt6pack

8 Whittier S

9 jean17

10 hettinger_rl

11 Lights Out

12 logo-maker

13 steveCRO

14 levijeromeSF

15 missouri tigers

16 panthers_2012

17 Pulv!

18 suplauren

19 slapshot

20 THOL3N

21 LMU

22 Orange Crush

23 lancealot

24 trstnandrw

25 derschwigg

26 LexAeterna

27 8BW14

28 dsaline97

29 GoNordiques

30 McElroy19

Event2Results.jpg

Full album here

Event2Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event2Results_PointsStandings.png

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Wow, Gold was a runaway, but after that it was super close. Congrats to all of those.

And I just wanted to congratulate pollux too for a very well-run Logolympiad this year. Seems like there's been no real delays and every event has started and ended smoothly and on-time.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

For the record, I had never seen that University of Arizona club hockey logo until it was posted in this thread. That said, there are only so many ways to draw a block A.

In the future, though, can we deal with any allegations of plagiarism in PMs directly to pollux? It didn't matter much, I suppose, given missouri tigers's margin of victory, but I would hate to think that I lost a few votes because people thought I ripped off that logo and didn't have a chance to defend myself without revealing which entry was mine.

In the future, though, can we deal with any allegations of plagiarism in PMs directly to pollux? It didn't matter much, I suppose, given missouri tigers's margin of victory, but I would hate to think that I lost a few votes because people thought I ripped off that logo and didn't have a chance to defend myself without revealing which entry was mine.

It's nice when voters compliment the participants, but perhaps all comments would be better saved until after the medals are awarded so that they don't influence the results.

All these events are tough to vote for because everyone is so good

That is, in fact, the point. :lol:

Gold: 1

Silver: 25

Bronze: 30

"Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE October 1st. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login."

Sorry to point this out.

Thanks Hettinger for DQing 33% of my votes in one fell swoop. :lol:

Here are the medals!

TimeWarp2015_Bronze.png

Once again, we have two bronze medals! They go to 72Freebie, for Entry 5, and OmegaRed, for Entry 6.

TimeWarp2015_Silver.png

The silver medal goes to officeglenn, our first multi medalist this year, for Entry 1.

TimeWarp2015_Gold.png

And the gold medal goes to missouri tigers, for Entry 15!

Please copy the medals and host them on your account if you want to add them to your signature.

List of participants and points tally:

1 officeglenn

2 SFGiants58

3 3pointtally

4 TheLogoManiac13

5 72Freebie

6 OmegaRed

7 pitt6pack

8 Whittier S

9 jean17

10 hettinger_rl

11 Lights Out

12 logo-maker

13 steveCRO

14 levijeromeSF

15 missouri tigers

16 panthers_2012

17 Pulv!

18 suplauren

19 slapshot

20 THOL3N

21 LMU

22 Orange Crush

23 lancealot

24 trstnandrw

25 derschwigg

26 LexAeterna

27 8BW14

28 dsaline97

29 GoNordiques

30 McElroy19

Event2Results.jpg

Full album here

Event2Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event2Results_PointsStandings.png

How do I add my medal to my signature?

qG3b3mu.pngK0Kq4L6.pnglSDF7kP.png

How do I add my medal to my signature?

You need to do the following:

1- Save the medal on your computer.

2- Upload it to your image hosting account. If you don't have one, you can check imgur or photobucket. Once it's uploaded, you should find a way to get the direct link to the image (usually, a menu on the right side will give you a direct link).

3- Copy the direct link and come here in your settings. Under Signature, add the image with the link you copied.

Voilà!

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Well, I missed the voting, and my tip 3 picks all missed the medals--but one came close.

Some of the entries were real well done, but didn't look like late 60's to me--some looked earlier--by at least 10-15 years, some looked like mid-late 70's and a couple of hem looked more 80's

So well done concepts and I like them--but if I had voted how much it looks like '67 would have been a factor.

But fun event...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived