Bleacher Report NFL x NBA uniform mash-up project

gladsadmad

I dunno this feels less NBA x NFL and more what if NBA teams had NFL uniforms. The subtle distinction is that I don't feel any of the designs incorporated any of the NFL teams designs, just the players.

Actually, that's the first time I've heard that complaint. I'm glad you liked it nonetheless.

I'm open to ideas to improve/change the concept. Do you have more specific ideas how to incorporate the NFL more in to the designs?

I agree with splashboogie (couldn't type that with a straight face). Look at the houston rockets/jj wtt one. Thre are no texans elements in there except for jj watt. The numbers are Rockets, the colors, the uni design, everything screams rockets. It isn't bad, however. It's just not a NBAxNFL. Its a "If NBA teams were NFL teams (and stole players from their nfl counterparts)

It was meant to be a "what if" concept. You are focusing on the term mash-up. That wasn't my term. I understand what you want it to be. A actual blending of colors and logos. We wanted to keep it fairly straightforward and focus on the execution. I think if we went that direction, it would be much more artistic and that's not what they wanted. I have to work with the client to make them happy as well.

They all look pretty good but it would be great if you use the current logos and colors for the Bucks, 76ers, and Wizards.

Not my decision. I must adhere to the client's wishes.

Gonna bump this because the New England Patriots have apparently found your Celtics concept and posted it in honor of the beginning of the NBA Season:

https://instagram.com/p/9Zl6PmP8VO/

Wish they would have credited you, but congrats anyway on being recognized by the Big Leagues.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Thanks Mr.Nascar. I need all the help I can get. I have to admit, I'm pretty disappointed by the reaction on these boards. I had a very positive reaction when I started this concept here many years ago and this time it seems like not too many people commented on the quality and details of the actual designs. I'm not sure why...it's strange

This is probably a stupid comment but these aren't really "mashups". Maybe the Dallas one could be considered a mashup because it has some Cowboys elements on it but almost all of these are just NBA football uniforms. There's no "mashing up" going on. My complaining and pickiness aside, these are very nice. I really like the Cleveland one. I also like the Suns and Bulls. The Bucks one is also very cool. Love the horns on the helmets. Very well done.

Archived