NFL Tweaks: 2015 Redesign Series (added Detroit) 28/11

Jack Holmes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what you've done hear. Especially with Carolina. The shoulder work is clean and modern without feeling overly gimmicky and the logo works well with the black helmet.

I noticed you opted to do the Bears in the vein of their 1940's throwbacks. I've seen quite a few folks opt for Bears redesigns that incorporate that look so I'd like to ask what drew you to using the throwbacks? How does it appeal to you?

I like what you've done hear. Especially with Carolina. The shoulder work is clean and modern without feeling overly gimmicky and the logo works well with the black helmet.

I noticed you opted to do the Bears in the vein of their 1940's throwbacks. I've seen quite a few folks opt for Bears redesigns that incorporate that look so I'd like to ask what drew you to using the throwbacks? How does it appeal to you?

I think I just prefer the flat contrast of orange across navy, and I think the block font screams "toughness" in a more Chicago way than their current, scrawnier font does even if what they're wearing now may more iconic. Also, like a lot of concept artists, I think I romanticise the past.

These are pretty nice, except for the number of pants stripes that get cut off just below the hip. Pants stripes that cover the full distance from hip to knee pretty much always look better.

Also, why no socks?

There are no socks for the same reason there are no numbers on the back of the helmets - because frankly, I am lazy.

Not a big fan of the yellow numbers on the burgundy jersey, or the gray facemask. I feel it would be better yellow.

I will post an updated version of the Redskins a little later.

Before then I'll add Detroit.

od7lkTL.jpghF2wB9E.jpg

Archived