Program to replace paint.NET for Mac

kiwi_canadian

This may be better suited in the request one but as this is for making concepts, it could work here...

Anyways, I just purchased a Mac and I need a program that does the same thing as paint.NET. They currently don't have anything for the Mac system. I've tried using Pinta but it was so slow. I've also tried Pixelmator and GIMP but they don't do the same as paint.NET does for jersey design... or at least I haven't figured it out yet. Does anyone have any suggestions to what I could use or maybe point me in the direction of a tutorial for one of those listed programs for jersey design? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

iDraw is an amazing program I use on my Mac. It's basically the same thing as Illustrator, with a few less features. I think it's only about $30 on the App Store. They recently updated it and changed the name, now I think it's called Graphic. It's an amazing substitute to Illustrator, especially since Illustrator is so pricey. Every concept I've posted here, I made on iDraw(Graphic). You need to check it out. It's definitely worth the $30 or whatever the value is.

I had the same problem around a year ago when I got my Mac. For a while I got Parallels, which allowed you to use Windows on the Mac, and just used paint.net from there. That takes up a lot of space though. I now use Autodesk Graphic (formerly called iDraw), it's a relatively cheap program for $30 but well worth it, and it's a vector program as well. The other I use is Affinity Photo, which is very, very similar to Photoshop, and much cheaper at only $40. There's also Affinity Designer, which I haven't used but I'm planning to soon, and is the same as Affinity Photo except instead of being like Photoshop, it's like Illustrator, as far as I'm aware. They'd take some time to learn and get used to, but it would be well worth it in the end believe me. Gimp, Inkscape, and Pixelmator are a few others I know of but I've had little to no use with those.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

Archived