LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 3 VOTING

pollux

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gold: 9

Silver: 2

Bronze: what the heck, 6

Sorry, but you registered today, which I believe is after October 1st.

Users registered after October 1st can still express their opinion, but their votes are not added to the total. I check every user's joining date to ensure consistency.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Another one in the books! Here are the medals!

Wordmark2015_Bronze.png

The bronze medal goes to dsaline97, for Entry 17.

Wordmark2015_Silver.png

The silver medal goes to GoNordiques, for Entry 18.

Wordmark2015_Gold.png

And the gold medal goes to derschwigg, for Entry 7!

Please copy the medals and host them on your account if you want to add them to your signature.

List of participants and points tally:

1 packerfan21396

2 Whittier S

3 Balu the Bare

4 Jabel777

5 Jake3.roo

6 eRay

7 derschwigg

8 DelayedPenalty

9 officeglenn

10 seattlesonicsofsacramento

11 LMU

12 SplashBoogie

13 OmegaRed

14 pitt6pack

15 lancealot

16 panthers_2012

17 dsaline97

18 GoNordiques

19 Ninjorz

20 macalesterscots

21 levijeromeSF

22 ECAdesign

23 8BW14

24 dirtyspacenews

Event3Results.png

Full album here

Event3Results_MedalsStandings.png

Event3Results_PointsStandings.png

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

My best showing ever in an event. I'm honored. This was another ridiculously tough contest. We have some talented folks here.

BTW that typeface I used is really janky, it jumps around all over the place, so I had to kern it like nuts. I even had to drop the G and O by two points to get everything to line up. So, I'm as proud of myself for the work I put into it, and how much more thought I put into a concept than I used to, as much as anything. That, I think, is the value of these contests.

rATMcmK.png

Thanks to silence of the Rams and chapeeko for giving me some love at entry number 5!! Means a lot. Other people-- what should I do to make it better? Thanks to seattlesonicsofsacramento and jake3.roo for the honorable mentions!!

tinysig.jpg

Thanks to silence of the Rams and chapeeko for giving me some love at entry number 5!! Means a lot. Other people-- what should I do to make it better? Thanks to seattlesonicsofsacramento and jake3.roo for the honorable mentions!!

It's great that you want to make it better. It would be most effective to start a thread to address it, especially now that we're able to with the event being over.

rATMcmK.png

It looked pretty good Jake.

I thought that there was a bit too much space between the "A" and the "W", and the large "O" and "S" could have been a little less large.

Perhaps the top of those 2 letters could have been flush with the top of "Los Angeles".

It was a nice clean font that maybe could have used a little more something...

Maybe the "A" could have been a sheriff's star...something like that.

It looked pretty good Jake.

I thought that there was a bit too much space between the "A" and the "W", and the large "O" and "S" could have been a little less large.

Perhaps the top of those 2 letters could have been flush with the top of "Los Angeles".

It was a nice clean font that maybe could have used a little more something...

Maybe the "A" could have been a sheriff's star...something like that.

It was a pretty good start, but it didn't really feel like an "outlaw" typeface to me. The colors and layout? You nailed it. Sparky's right - the kerning between the A and W is a bit much, but switching the font for "Outlaws" (the Los Angeles part could be fine left as is) could easily fix that.

If you were looking to add a visual element to the logo, any sort of western element could work. A Hat, a sheriff's badge, barbed wire, a bandana, cow skull, maybe even a bullet hole? Longhorns as the bar in the A would be unique!

Archived