dsaline97's 2015 Logolympiad Submissions

dsaline97

Here's the anniversary patch. I threw this one together pretty late at night, so there's a lot of things I want to fix about it, and I'm pleasantly surprised I won bronze. First off, the a in seasons definitely didn't turn out how I would've liked, but these were all traced and edited off the primary logo, so there wasn't much to go by. The sun in the background was a late addition. It may have made it too busy, but it felt pretty minor league and I thought it could act as a subtle nod to the California League logo. I also want to play around with the bottom banner, probably finding a different font for "of going nuts" and increasing it so it reads better that way. Thanks for the votes!

Entry_13.png

spacer.png

I voted for your mammoths logo. I liked the color contrast you chose. If I had one criticism of it, I'd say the Los Angeles gets a little lost in it. Maybe a bolder font to make it 'show' a little more?

But I still loved it. Nice work.

Additionally I also voted your anniversary patch. Sure it was a little busy but I thought it played into the whole going nuts aspect of your design. Well done.

I voted for your mammoths logo. I liked the color contrast you chose. If I had one criticism of it, I'd say the Los Angeles gets a little lost in it. Maybe a bolder font to make it 'show' a little more?

Additionally I also voted your anniversary patch. Sure it was a little busy but I thought it played into the whole going nuts aspect of your design. Well done.

It's unfortunate that your votes didn't count (you registered after October 1st). I wasn't permitted to use white in the wordmark, which I certainly would have done in some form. I'd also make changes to the font in general so it isn't pure Impact. Thanks for your comments!

spacer.png

The Modesto patch was just outside my top three for a tiny thing--the striping in the ribbon at the bottom was a little too fine. I tried to imagine how big the patch would be in real life and the striping, as far as I could tell, would turn into a solid block. A tiny thing, but that event was so tight that it came down to tiny things in picking my top three. It was very, very well done.

rATMcmK.png

It's unfortunate that your votes didn't count (you registered after October 1st). I wasn't permitted to use white in the wordmark, which I certainly would have done in some form. I'd also make changes to the font in general so it isn't pure Impact. Thanks for your comments!

That is unfortunate to hear. I saw this mentioned in another post about the registration date however it was quoted on another poster's comments thought I squeaked in. Guess future votes will just be a morale booster. Keep up the good work

Archived