Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

Just to 'pile on' - Houston doesn't have Columbia blue as a color option, since it isn't in their current color scheme nor in its historical color scheme. Oakland DOES have gold as a historical option, FWIW.

I hope none of this comes to fruition.

Oakland never wore true gold. They looked more like the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Yjx4Ytp.jpg

Further more, I don't think Mark Davis would ever have the team wear anything but silver and black. The only way they would wear another color is if it was a throwback to the early 60's uniform.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing with the Color Rush stuff: All of the jerseys actually look pretty decent. If paired with white or a complementing colored pant, they'd look great. Give the Bills, Jets, and Titans white pants and we have winners all around there. And the Jags in black pants with the gold jersey would look really good, IMO.

This is not a "careful balance of color".

It's a mess.

I hate mono, but the only time the Titans look better than this is when they wear white pants. Which isn't often enough.

You posted the jersey I said I don't like to disprove what I said? I'm confused.

040723dyson.jpg

Everything from the helmet stripes to the socks to the extra wide pants striping gives this uniform the perfect balance between blues... the hint of red in the logo is a home run... light blue isn't subtle enough to be their primary, it ruins that balance and becomes too gaudy. You can tell they said "hey, lets just flip the colors!" as opposed to designing something specifically with a light blue primary in mind.

I just love that Titans uniform. None of this navy nonsense, they need to just keep going with the light blue.

Agreed. Not only do I like them better in columbia blue vs navy, I even like the mono columbia set.

The problem is the new owner wants to remove the columbia blue as the main color of the team, which I believe is tragic.

spacer.png

I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far from one small, heavily photoshopped image.

Their initial teaser wasn't very encouraging.

2015_ColorRush_Jaguars2.png

Honestly I like this gold much better in this photo than that photoshopped image where Blake Bortles looks like an Oscar.

The number outline in that image is opposite from this one too. I have a hard time believing that it would've changed since that promo was made. Honestly think it's just a lousy shop job.

It's a mess.

I hate mono, but the only time the Titans look better than this is when they wear white pants. Which isn't often enough.

You posted the jersey I said I don't like to disprove what I said? I'm confused.

040723dyson.jpg

Everything from the helmet stripes to the socks to the extra wide pants striping gives this uniform the perfect balance between blues... the hint of red in the logo is a home run... light blue isn't subtle enough to be their primary, it ruins that balance and becomes too gaudy. You can tell they said "hey, lets just flip the colors!" as opposed to designing something specifically with a light blue primary in mind.

Absolutely. It's the same thing with the Panthers. The black jerseys look so, so much better. The light blue really stands out in small amounts, whereas an entire jersey of light blue is a little too much. I agree that the best two Titans looks are their original home and road jerseys. Columbia pants with white jerseys and Columbia jerseys with white pants are solid looks, but I don't think they were as good as the first set. And that set has its problems (matching socks and road pants, helmet stripe not matching white pants), but it's still really good.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far from one small, heavily photoshopped image.

2015_ColorRush_Jaguars2.png

Honestly I like this gold much better in this photo than that photoshopped image where Blake Bortles looks like an Oscar.

The number outline in that image is opposite from this one too. I have a hard time believing that it would've changed since that promo was made. Honestly think it's just a lousy shop job.

The leaked photo of retail jersey has the black outline on the outside, just like the leaked photoshop from last night.

It's a mess.

I was responding to this part of your post:

The navy unis are fundamentally nicer than their mutated counterparts. In the words of Eminem, "they're worse when they're reversed." The careful balance of color the team has maintained since '99 will likely be slaughtered with the next uni change.

Seemed you were saying they have had a good balance all along. That's the statement with which I disagreed.

If I misunderstood, then I apologize. No big deal either way.

The leaked photo of retail jersey has the black outline on the outside, just like the leaked photoshop from last night.

Also, the Jaguars are calling it "Bold Rush" and are saying the jersey will be "Bold Gold". The Bold Gold in their logo is the dark gold, so it'd make sense that the uniform is a darker gold (or attempt at darker gold).

Also, the Jaguars are calling it "Bold Rush" and are saying the jersey will be "Bold Gold". The Bold Gold in their logo is the dark gold, so it'd make sense that the uniform is a darker gold (or attempt at darker gold).

Now see, I used to call the new lighter gold " bold gold" myself and that's the direction I thought they were going to go since it was brighter. I was wrong. I do hope the outline in the original teaser is right, it makes the teal pop more.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Jags look awful in all gold. Like everyone has mentioned, the jerseys with this program aren't bad. But when they're paired with poorly designed and thought out pants and accessories, that's when we get bad looking uniforms. The Jags going gold on black would actually look pretty nice. The reddit rumor has me interested to see if the Jags do indeed switch the facemasks out.

Everyone is talking about the differences in the initial leaks, the Nike image, and the retail jersey. Don't forget that the former two (and possibly the latter one) are always photoshoped. The number outline could be a mistake or just now well thought out. A lot of people on twitter are talking about the helmet being all black. We know that's not going to happen with the one helmet rule, but the photos we have are at the right angle to where you don't see the gold fade.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The Jags look awful in all gold. Like everyone has mentioned, the jerseys with this program aren't bad. But when they're paired with poorly designed and thought out pants and accessories, that's when we get bad looking uniforms. The Jags going gold on black would actually look pretty nice. The reddit rumor has me interested to see if the Jags do indeed switch the facemasks out.

Everyone is talking about the differences in the initial leaks, the Nike image, and the retail jersey. Don't forget that the former two (and possibly the latter one) are always photoshoped. The number outline could be a mistake or just now well thought out. A lot of people on twitter are talking about the helmet being all black. We know that's not going to happen with the one helmet rule, but the photos we have are at the right angle to where you don't see the gold fade.

Yeah, i was one of those on twitter who got caught by the helmet in the promos thinking it was solid black matte. Good angling.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived