Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

I think all the new jerseys are recolors of their current templates. Except Dallas, who seem to be bringing back their 1994 alternates with no changes.

The Bucs have recolored their yoke to match the body, and the orange spike is now black. Other than that it looks like the same jersey.

2015_ColorRush_Bucs1.png

2014_Bucs.jpg

Wonder if they'd be foolish enough to make the numbers black or pewter. Wait - they're definitely foolish enough to do that.

The Panthers also look like they're keeping their basic alt:

2015_ColorRush_Panthers2.png

2014_Panthers.jpg

They're just adding pants to match. And by match I mean stripe pattern and everything:

2015_ColorRush_Panthers1.png

I think all the matchy-matchy is going to look pretty silly with silver helmets. It's one thing to have identical colors and patterns to every element and another thing entirely to have identical colors and patterns to every element except the single most identifiable piece of the uniform.

I disagree, and think that in some cases, a mis-matched helmet can make the rest of the set more tolerable. For one, it does preserve the team's identity at least somewhat when they're wearing a foreign uniform. Also it can add some balance, as long as there's enough of that color elsewhere in the set.

In this case, it may work because they'll have a lot of silver on the pants stripes. I'm sure they'll wear black socks, but maybe gray / silver would work too.

Panthers could work if they wisely go with black socks.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure they'll wear black socks - in part because the NFL has been moving towards matching socks to pants in a lot of cases, and in part because the "jersey to cleats" certainly implies blue socks.

I wish we'd get some clarification.

The Titans' website editor's words can only be disproved if the Bills and Jets don't go monochrome on their Thursday unveiling. Even if they do go monochrome, it can't be proven until we see them all. Or until the league itself gives us details beyond a promotional video tease.

If you think that Jets uniform isn't predominantly white, and do indeed play against entirely white uniforms without any of the incidents you fear, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

You originally said jersey that was "significantly" white, not uniform that's "predominantly" white.

I know that Jets uni is predominantly white. But I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about what you said about the jersey being "significantly" white, which is completely different. And the jersey is green, not white. That's the contrast I've been talking about.

The definition of "significant" is "great enough to draw attention; noteworthy".. There's enough white on those sleeves/jerseys to draw attention to the fact that they are indeed white, and we have all taken note of the fact that the jets have white sleeves/stripes.. Not to mention the numbers are also white, so I think it's pretty accurate to say they have a significantly white jersey.

Color on color games are something that is sorely missed in the NFL and college football. I think this would be great to see. Unfortunately, the Browns DO have a Thursday night game coming up... so brace yourself... the carrot uniform is coming.

doesnt start until Nov 12, the following week

So I just want to point out that with the exception of the helmet colour, I totally nailed the eventual redesign of the Buffalo Bills uniform as far back as 2010 - well before they introduced the new look and the colour rush. You're welcome, Nike.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/72057-buffalo-bills-uniform-concept/?p=1295402

Umm, all you did was take the striping pattern they used on the throwback jerseys and apply it to the pants. But other than not having navy and getting the striping pattern on the jerseys, pants and socks completely wrong, your concept was spot on.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So I just want to point out that with the exception of the helmet colour, I totally nailed the eventual redesign of the Buffalo Bills uniform as far back as 2010 - well before they introduced the new look and the colour rush. You're welcome, Nike.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/72057-buffalo-bills-uniform-concept/?p=1295402

Umm, all you did was take the striping pattern they used on the throwback jerseys and apply it to the pants. But other than not having navy and getting the striping pattern on the jerseys, pants and socks completely wrong, your concept was spot on.

He totally nailed the shade of blue and red! That's rather impressive.

6L5aj14.jpg

I saw this image during the video and was wondering what it could be.

It's not the right shape for a number and now I think I've figured it out.

Reverse nameplates.

It's a white 5, probably next to a 1, on a gold jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6L5aj14.jpg

Reverse nameplates.

That's exactly what it is.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

6L5aj14.jpg

Reverse nameplates.

That's exactly what it is.

Whoops. Thought that was a yellow E on a white nameplate background.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

White crew socks are required under NFL regulations except for throwbacks. I would presume we'll see them, for all the good they'll do.

We also thought teams could have one alternate. At this point, we can't really believe any rule except for the one helmet, and I'm no longer certain we're going to see the crew socks.

spacer.png

Archived