Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

I doubt much thought was put into the wording of it and i feel like uniform announcements like this rarely make much sense anyway because those clowns don't know what they're talking about. Maybe we all jumped on the monochrome thing a little fast? I hope so.

As do I. But we'll see.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it could mean that each one of the uniform components will be one of the teams current or historic colors. not necessarily monochrome right?

How is that different from now? For example, the Packers pants are yellow, and their jerseys are green - both are 'one of the teams current or historic colors'. Unless each article is ONLY one color - is that what you mean?

It's where I sit.

it could mean that each one of the uniform components will be one of the teams current or historic colors. not necessarily monochrome right?

How is that different from now? For example, the Packers pants are yellow, and their jerseys are green - both are 'one of the teams current or historic colors'. Unless each article is ONLY one color - is that what you mean?

I'm pretty sure I have seen monochrome from neck down mentionned somewhere.

The wording is:

Players' uniforms will be flooded with color as they are draped from jersey to cleats in one of the team's current or historic colors.

Emphasis mine.

We know that it's not "each piece must be one color" since the Panthers' pants will be blue with the same gray/black/gray striping pattern as on their alt jerseys.

All indications are monochrome. Jerseys/pants/socks/cleats. Everything they can change on a one-game basis.

Now, this is hardly an official release. But neither was our first confirmation of the "5-year rule", which was leaked by an owner talking off the cuff in a press conference. We may not get any clearer explanation of the rules.

Tomorrow we'll have the Jets and Bills unveiled. We'll see what that brings. If they have anything other than red/green pants, I'll be grateful.

These would happen in the 2nd half of the season when people who don't subscribe to the NFL Network won't be able to see them all.

New streaming options this year, so you can still see them even if you don't have NFL Network.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Forget same color pants and jerseys, I'm hoping the socks are atleast a different color. I don't mind monochrome too much when it's done right like the Panthers who wear light blue socks to even out the black. This could either look cool or stupid, but it's all depending on various factors like color and such. The Jaguars for example are going to wear piss gold from head to toe. Nobody should do this. EVER.

bSLCtu2.png

Hmm. Because what we've heard indicates a "Color Rush" uniform for every team.

2015_ColorRush_tweet_hl.png

The only thing unclear is the meaning of the word "opportunity" and how voluntary it really is.

Who have you been hearing from?

"Opportunity" means the teams will have several options to choose from, as we see in this year's program. Next year it will be expanded across the entire Thursday Night slate.

I'm not going to get into the details, but teams will have the opportunity to use this game as the Cowboys are this year, to showcase a popular throwback jersey.

I'm not clear on how teams that already use a throwback as their alt like the Packers and Steelers will proceed, but, as we've seen here from the Panthers and Titans, they are participating by using their existing alternate uniforms. There are lots of options.

Hmm. Because what we've heard indicates a "Color Rush" uniform for every team.

2015_ColorRush_tweet_hl.png

The only thing unclear is the meaning of the word "opportunity" and how voluntary it really is.

Who have you been hearing from?

"Opportunity" means the teams will have several options to choose from, as we see in this year's program. Next year it will be expanded across the entire Thursday Night slate.

I'm not going to get into the details, but teams will have the opportunity to use this game as the Cowboys are this year, to showcase a popular throwback jersey.

I'm not clear on how teams that already use a throwback as their alt like the Packers and Steelers will proceed, but, as we've seen here from the Panthers and Titans, they are participating by using their existing alternate uniforms. There are lots of options.

Aren't the Panthers at least wearing a set of pants (carolina blue) that they havent before?

Here is my understanding from what I've read and seen as well as some other info I obtained from a trusted source within the NFL that I can't reveal.

1. Uniforms well pretty much be same color from jersey to sock (monochrome/leotard looking). Also socks will be full color no white mid-calf.
  2. The one helmet rule is not being lifted so the teams current helmet will be worn with all these but they can change decals/facemask etc just like some currently do with their throwbacks.
  3. Teams can use any design or colors ever used by their franchise to create the color rush look. So not saying it will happen but that means the Broncos as an example could use their original Yellow and Brown colors on their current design

So with all that this means that we likely see the following in the 4 match-ups this year based on the teaser .

Bills (Monochrome Red) vs. Jets (Monochrome Kelly Green)

Titans (Monochrome Light Blue) vs. Jags (Monochrome Gold)
Panthers (Monochrome Carolina Blue) vs. Cowboys (Monochrome White) Looks like the 90's Big Star jersey but likely with the current white pants from their last used throwback.

Bucs (Monochrome Red) vs. Rams (Monochrome Yellow)

I know its not an official color rush uniform... but do the Browns go all orange tonight on national TV?

Well, they did tweet this last night, although it may not mean anything though:

https://twitter.com/Browns/status/662078158095564800?s=09

EDIT: Whoops, beaten to it.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

This is a very bad idea and they may have found something to make me turn the channel. Not a big fan of a team, say Chiefs, wearing all red in a normal Sunday afternoon, but both teams doing it. There are very few teams that can pull this off. Yeah all god Jaguars, sounds awesome.

These would happen in the 2nd half of the season when people who don't subscribe to the NFL Network won't be able to see them all.

New streaming options this year, so you can still see them even if you don't have NFL Network.

I think you can only stream it if you have NFL Game Pass

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived