Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

They are getting us all ready for the onesies! I saw it in my uncles book years ago. It had a chapter in the back about the future of football and there was a picture of a dude in a onesie

How long ago? thats interesting
I believe this was in the 75th anniversary book in 1994.
wow. they correctly predicted 20 years ahead. imagine what secret prophetic books the NFL has hidden deep in the bowels of their dungeons. I dont even want to know

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've seen the Titans Columbia blue so often that it doesn't seem like such a shock to the eyes, I guess. It's neither good nor bad, just kind of "whatever". But the Jaguars? Yeesh. Gold was a real bad choice for this. Looks almost sepia'd to death.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Someone seems to have gotten some info from working from Nike or something.

From a user named "notnike" on the NFL subreddit of Reddit. Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3se4mc/what_all_2015_color_rush_matchups_will_look_like/

This user also posted before the release of both Bills and Jets exactly what their uniforms would look like. Plus he has some news on what NFL teams will be wearing next year for "color rush" -- some crazy surprises in there.

You've seen Bills Jets.

Jaguars Titans will feature Jaguars in all gold jerseys pants socks and cleats with a gold facemask. White numbers. Black shoulders and black pants stripe with teal sliver accent on top.

Titans will be in Columbia blue jerseys pants and socks featuring a matching color facemask and navy numbers.

Next will be the Panthers and the Cowboys. PANTHERS will feature all blue jerseys pants socks and cleats with blue helmet stripes. Numbers are black along with pants stripe.

Cowboys feature all white jerseys pants socks and cleats, as well as white helmet decals and facemask, with silver numbers and COWBOYS going down the pants leg in white so as to be barely noticeable.

Finally we have Bucs and Rams. The Bucs feature red jerseys pants socks and cleats. They will wear a red facemask and chrome logos. They feature no shoulder yoke. The numbers are pewter with a thick orange outline bordered by another pewter outline.

The Rams will wear yellow jerseys pants socks and cleats with yellow facemask and helmet decals. The numbers and striping are navy. Unlike the previous looks, these will be the new primary uniforms for the Rams in 2016. The always and alternates will be revealed in the off season.

Stay tuned to Thursday Night Final for more color rush news. Gear goes on sale one week before game airs!

And our mysterious reddit commentor has been debunked!

You just can't pull off metallic gold as a base color with these modern fabrics. It ends up looking dull and too much like a shade of brown or khaki. Unless you're putting dazzle nylon back into jerseys, don't attempt metallic gold or silver.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If only the Jaguars had another contrasting color in their color scheme, like i dont know, say black to go up against columbia blue.

Titans in momo columbia doesn't look grea, but it looks the least bad of anything weve seen thusfar.

Jags looks like an all black helmet but it could be the small image.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Jags' should've been in teal.

wouldn't work against titans blue
And that's exactly why this whole color rush idea is ridiculous: The Jaguars have to settle for a horrible option because thier best option would be a matchup problem.

We don't even need this to say color rush is ridiculous... Let's say it might be the icing on the cake.

Is this official??

CTkyno1WoAEknUw.png

edit: looks like nike let the cat out of the bag http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/nfl/color-rush?ref=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FEgOo9qPFFe#UwzKUJEeSu

That's what I thought - the Titans' regular Columbia blue jerseys and pants. All standard, just not usually worn in this combination. And maybe never with the Columbia socks?

They are getting us all ready for the onesies! I saw it in my uncles book years ago. It had a chapter in the back about the future of football and there was a picture of a dude in a onesie

How long ago? thats interesting

I believe this was in the 75th anniversary book in 1994.

Correct. Imagine the 1920's bears striping applied to an aerodynamic suit with a motorsports helmet.

Archived