Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL screwed up big time with this. If they wanted to do this, they should have picked colors that didn't make the game impossible to watch for colorblind people.

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

bSLCtu2.png

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its one game people. Tighten up your panties and suck it up.

I think the Jags shade of gold is pretty cool and UNIQUE. Which is what this Thursday Night Color Rush is supposed to be about. Something you don't see for the other 19 games of the season.

Some of you really do need to settle down because your nerd-dom is really showing.

Let me preface this by saying this game looks awful. That said, it looks about 35% less awful than I thought it would. It's still uglier than all hell, but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Does that make sense?

I can get it in the sense that what both teams are doing is so RIDICULOUS that neither really stands out as looking too ridiculous when compared to one another. Its almost like its not a real NFL game and shouldn't even be compared to the standard set by the Colts, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, etc.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its one game people. Tighten up your panties and suck it up.

I think the Jags shade of gold is pretty cool and UNIQUE. Which is what this Thursday Night Color Rush is supposed to be about. Something you don't see for the other 19 games of the season.

Some of you really do need to settle down because your nerd-dom is really showing.

You've had a week to marinate on this one, and still, the best defense for this concept you have is "It only sucks for one game, and you guys who discuss sports uniforms on the internet are probably nerds."

Put in more effort if you want to maintain your troll game. You're coasting.

And, as Deadspin has mentioned: Nike has made this game literally unwatchable for about 6% of the male population.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The NFL screwed up big time with this. If they wanted to do this, they should have picked colors that didn't make the game impossible to watch for colorblind people.

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Oh wow. That thought never even crossed my mind till now. That filtered video highlight really puts that problem in perspective; I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out who was who until the touchdown was scored. Yikes.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

it gives this game a novelty that it otherwise wouldn't have, for those people who care, and there probably are a lot fewer of those than we'd like to admit.

Otherwise, it dilutes a brand that the NFL fights so hard to maintain. Teams aren't allowed to change their uniforms for 5 years (which is why the Steelers' bumblebee is around until 2017 no matter how much people complain, woo!) and alternates are allowed for only 2 games because the NFL wants you to always be able to identify who is playing (unlike college, where good luck until there's a scoreboard graphic).

When Nike has had so many problems, like making the Eagles' green jerseys (how long did that take again?), why is the NFL allowing them to do something this crazy with their brand?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

it gives this game a novelty that it otherwise wouldn't have, for those people who care, and there probably are a lot fewer of those than we'd like to admit.

Otherwise, it dilutes a brand that the NFL fights so hard to maintain. Teams aren't allowed to change their uniforms for 5 years (which is why the Steelers' bumblebee is around until 2017 no matter how much people complain, woo!) and alternates are allowed for only 2 games because the NFL wants you to always be able to identify who is playing (unlike college, where good luck until there's a scoreboard graphic).

When Nike has had so many problems, like making the Eagles' green jerseys (how long did that take again?), why is the NFL allowing them to do something this crazy with their brand?

Because, $$$.

Hey Sodboy (nice name btw), maybe it doesn't "suck" like you and some of the others here think they do.

And nice personal attack too. Troll this.

"Dilutes the brand"??? How? By having another color (that's probably a part of the color scheme to begin with) using the exact same uniform template and basically the same helmet? Most of these "new" jerseys and looks will be exactly like this.

Some of you will never like it because A. its different. B. its monochrome. C. the socks are the same color as the uniform and D. all of the above.

Archived