Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think either are that bad.

I love the jerseys. I think this is the first time I have ever felt that Nike has done something right, however, the full-on monochrome is a disaster.

I generally agree that any monochrome is a disaster but I am not even bothered by these. These are one off gimmicky uniforms just to be obnoxious. They are trying to get people's attention that games on Thursday are worth checking out.

Flipping by, the uniforms grab your attention.

I love the jerseys. I think this is the first time I have ever felt that Nike has done something right, however, the full-on monochrome is a disaster.

I generally agree that any monochrome is a disaster but I am not even bothered by these. These are one off gimmicky uniforms just to be obnoxious. They are trying to get people's attention that games on Thursday are worth checking out.

You're right, they do, though most of us would argue that that is for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

You're right, they do, though most of us would argue that that is for all the wrong reasons unfortunately.

I would say at half of that is because we look through the lens of full time change.

Everything about Thursday Night Football is junk food.

I got bored yesterday and starting playing around with some templates, and mocked up Jacksonville's current uniforms. After tonight's announcement, I went ahead and mocked up the gold uniforms

CTqPX6DW4AA7hY4.jpg

And to prove how much better the white, or specifically the black, pants look

CTqQN9FWIAAs3dE.jpg

CTqQOABWEAA1vQS.jpg

I actually think the white pants look better in this format, but I know the black pants would pair better with all the black in the tops. It's a crying shame that the teal is only used on the number outlines.

Edit: I know there's some mistakes, specifically the stripes on the white pants, that I've since fixed on the files on my computer.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

So, apparently the NFL created another public relations headache for itself with this Bills-Jets game: It's completely unwatchable for individuals with red-green color blindness.

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136

This will blow over quickly, but it's uncanny how the NFL steps into unnecessary messes.

I'm offended that the Bills jerseys don't have Christmas trees and snowflakes on them.

Credit where it's due - nice job.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I did not think I would like this at all but it turned out pretty nice. First of all I was happy to finally see the jets wearing green and not that sorry excuse for a green they wore last week. Also thought the bills looked alright...should have been played on christmas night though.

You guys are missing the whole point of this "Color Rush"

It is unique and offers a brand segment for Nike. The aesthetics are secondary. Not everything about sports uniforms are about looks.

They don't care what looks better, they care that people are taking notice of the team is full on BRIGHT colors.

Marketing an entertainment brand, that is the bottom line.

You guys are missing the whole point of this "Color Rush"

It is unique and offers a brand segment for Nike. The aesthetics are secondary. Not everything about sports uniforms are about looks.

They don't care what looks better, they care that people are taking notice of the team is full on BRIGHT colors.

Marketing an entertainment brand, that is the bottom line.

I get the point of it. I just think the point of it is evil.

I liked the Jets' green. They showed a highlight from Jets-Raiders after I had a gotten used to the kelly green, and the forest green looked very blah. I've gotten desensitized to monochrome uniforms, and it didn't look awful with most players forgoing the long sleeve base layer from the promo.

The Bills uniforms I can't accurately judge. Maybe they looked fine, but they didn't look like the Bills. 55 years without a red jersey is suddenly less important than Nike's one week old Color Rush. I don't see how it serves the NFL to have every team dress up in Halloween costumes for one night.

Edit: Both of them on the field together? Joke.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its one game people. Tighten up your panties and suck it up.

I think the Jags shade of gold is pretty cool and UNIQUE. Which is what this Thursday Night Color Rush is supposed to be about. Something you don't see for the other 19 games of the season.

Some of you really do need to settle down because your nerd-dom is really showing.

You've had a week to marinate on this one, and still, the best defense for this concept you have is "It only sucks for one game, and you guys who discuss sports uniforms on the internet are probably nerds."

Put in more effort if you want to maintain your troll game. You're coasting.

And, as Deadspin has mentioned: Nike has made this game literally unwatchable for about 6% of the male population.

Hey Sodboy (nice name btw), maybe it doesn't "suck" like you and some of the others here think they do.

And nice personal attack too. Troll this.

"Dilutes the brand"??? How? By having another color (that's probably a part of the color scheme to begin with) using the exact same uniform template and basically the same helmet? Most of these "new" jerseys and looks will be exactly like this.

Some of you will never like it because A. its different. B. its monochrome. C. the socks are the same color as the uniform and D. all of the above.

E. Because good taste says it looks terrible. F. Because it's literally indescernible for a segment of the population to discern which team is which which means it fails in the #1 purpose of a uniform (to distinguish it from the other teams).

http://deadspin.com/stupid-nike-uniforms-wreaking-havoc-on-colorblind-nfl-f-1742272136?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Raiders play the Chargers Christmas eve. Could there be a surprise Color Rush game of the others are successful? All black vs all Light Blue? Yellow?

Nike can't put out green Eagles jerseys in time for a new season so what makes you think they will put out new pants in less than 3-4 weeks?

bSLCtu2.png

I really wished they would have gone the Throwback Thursday/Color vs Color route (I know that it is impossible due to the one helmet rule but still). Jets in sack exchange green vs the 0 - 4 Super Bowl Bills. Next week a Oilers vs Inaugural season Jaguars set.

Archived