Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as expected Cowboys-Panthers is going to be comfortably the best looking of these games. Although that is very much a 'tallest midget'/'prettiest Denny's waitress' scenario.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

The sweat stains on the jerseys tonight are way too noticeable. As for the uniforms, oh my god. The color of Jacksonville's uniform reminds me of a dirty diaper. I actually don't mind the jersey itself but monochrome mustard khaki, hell no. As for the Titans, all light blue. It's a little too much for me. They remind me of smurfs. I think it is a shame the Panthers are also wearing all light blue next Thursday, though I guarantee next week will look much better with the Cowboys in all white, which I find kind of funny because white is not a color, though I do like what they went with.

Supposedly for next year (If this guy proves to be right, then this will be very interesting)

Other interesting notes the user claims for 2016--

Patriots red

Jets Kelly Green

Dolphins Orange

Bills red

Colts blue

Jaguars gold

Houston Columbia blue

Tennessee red

Bengals white

Ravens MD flag

Steelers yellow

Browns orange

Broncos Royal

Chiefs yellow

Chargers powder blue

Raiders gold

Seattle lime green

Niners gold

Rams royal

Cardinals yellow

Packers yellow

Vikings yellow

Lions black

Bears orange

Saints gold

Falcons silver

Panthers blue

Bucs pewter

Cowboys white

Eagles silver

Redskins black

Giants red

If true, this is horrifying.

I can tell you with 100% certainty the Giants color rush uniforms will not be red. From as good a source as you can get. It will not be red.

"MD flag" for the Ravens? Not buying it. This guy is full of s

90758391980.gif

I loved the color the Jags wore tonight.

They need to keep those pants and wear them on occasion with the black jersey's. It would work really well.

And probably for the first time ever...the Cowboys might actually look good in white jerseys.

I like Carolina in all blue but I like them even more in all black. Which they don't wear anywhere near enough. Of course they should be wearing the black pants with the white jersey's too but probably not until Ole Man Richardson is gone, will that be allowed to happen.

Supposedly for next year (If this guy proves to be right, then this will be very interesting)

Other interesting notes the user claims for 2016--

Patriots red

Jets Kelly Green

Dolphins Orange

Bills red

Colts blue

Jaguars gold

Houston Columbia blue

Tennessee red

Bengals white

Ravens MD flag

Steelers yellow

Browns orange

Broncos Royal

Chiefs yellow

Chargers powder blue

Raiders gold

Seattle lime green

Niners gold

Rams royal

Cardinals yellow

Packers yellow

Vikings yellow

Lions black

Bears orange

Saints gold

Falcons silver

Panthers blue

Bucs pewter

Cowboys white

Eagles silver

Redskins black

Giants red

If true, this is horrifying.

I can tell you with 100% certainty the Giants color rush uniforms will not be red. From as good a source as you can get. It will not be red.

"MD flag" for the Ravens? Not buying it. This guy is full of s
Not buying the Steelers in yellow, how about all black?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Pants have blue silver blue stripes

Screenshot_20151119-211008.png

I like that they tied in the helmets with the pants stripe. Cowboys need an update, but this isn't it.

Silver helmets and white pants should never be part of the same uniform set. Same with yellow and gold helmets with white pants. If your helmet is that light, then it clashes with all the white in the rest of the uniform unless the pants balance it out. This is why I hate the Panthers white uniform.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Pants have blue silver blue stripes

Screenshot_20151119-211008.png

I like that they tied in the helmets with the pants stripe. Cowboys need an update, but this isn't it.

Silver helmets and white pants should never be part of the same uniform set. Same with yellow and gold helmets with white pants. If your helmet is that light, then it clashes with all the white in the rest of the uniform unless the pants balance it out. This is why I hate the Panthers white uniform.

Oh, absolutely. I'm just glad they tried to tie it in as opposed to wearing the classic throwback pants with no silver.

The Cowboys jerseys seem to be a custom template, not what Nike has been supplying for the NFL the last few seasons.

As for tonight's game, I was honestly surprised how it looked on TV. The monochrome crap aside, the gold vs blue looked great. The sweatboxes truly ruined anything more so than the designs themselves (again, monochrome aside). I've said the Jags are a few tweaks away from having a decent look. Nothing will compare to the original uniforms we had, but in a vacuum, I don't think the general idea of the current uniforms are all that bad. I despise the lack of teal, and think it would've balanced out all the gold quite well.

It's truly a shame that these games could look pretty decent if only they changed out the socks. Navy socks for Tennessee and black socks for Jacksonville, and this really isn't that bad a looking game. Of course, in an ideal world, none of this would exist. But the NFL wants something different. If we're truly stuck with the same colored shirts and pants, contrasting socks will go a really long way here.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I thought Color Rush was about promoting color-vs.-color matchups.

Yeah, we had this conversation back in 1994.

A lot has changed (with the Cowboys franchise, with the NFL's dress code, and with football uniforms in general) since then.

So as expected Cowboys-Panthers is going to be comfortably the best looking of these games. Although that is very much a 'tallest midget'/'prettiest Denny's waitress' scenario.

Last time I visited the town I went to high school at in Central Florida, I hit up the Denny's after a midnight movie showing with my old friends and we were served by a legitimately pretty waitress (who had apparently gone to our high school a few classes ahead of us). Maybe times are a-changin'

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived