Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

I'm one of those that thinks that for the most part, color vs color games look bush league (exceptions if one of the colors is pretty light, like when UCLA plays USC.)

For a one game / week thing, I wouldn't mind it, but not if teams are forced to bring out alternates that they otherwise would have no business wearing. If they're allowed to do throwbacks, then OK cool - like the Packers for example - should they be forced to wear some stupid yellow jersey that would otherwise never even be in the discussion, when they have a colored throwback available?

Jersey to toe color stinks for this, unless it's something like the Panthers' black, Titans' navy, Eagles' green, other a select few others that are of a cohesive design (yes, I included Titans navy in there because I happen to like it for reasons.)

Really hoping they put the Rams in dark pants, or even white - just not matching (or, non-matching) yellow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not head to toe - the phrase they use is "jersey to cleats". That means yes, the Rams will have athletic gold pants. And socks. And shoes.

Only the Jets are confirmed as doing anything to the helmets.

Oops - yeah that's what I meant, just didn't type it correctly

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If the Packers are indeed forced to do this (and we don't know that they are, the phrase used so far is "opportunity to"), then I hope they go for a straight throwback.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kDQ_gSyMf7U/SikudsPUwxI/AAAAAAAABA0/Rw6guARWtEM/s1600-h/1953GreenBayPackers.jpg

Monochrome below the neck? Check.

Gold helmet compatible with their current? Check.

Least-offensive option compared to virtually anything else? Check.

That would work well.

I wonder if they'll have to schedule around this? For example, if the Packers and Eagles were scheduled against each other, whether the Eagles go green or black, it's not be enough contrast. I guess they could force the packers in to yellow, or the Eagles in to silver, but I wonder if they'd start swapping games to make sure it didn't happen.

I noticed that "opportunity to" line, as well. I'm sure it will eventually turn into "obligation to." Regardless, it's strange that this "color rush" includes the Cowboys wearing white, particularly since they always wear white.

Also, that Panthers-Cowboys game's on Thanksgiving, but it's not the primetime game. It's the middle game on CBS. The primetime game is Bears vs. Packers. The Bears have clowned-it-up twice already wearing monochrome navy (but with white socks), so they probably wouldn't put up much of a fight. But maybe the Packers refused to take part in this garbage, which is why they gave that spot to the earlier game. Either way, it looks like, at least for this year, two historic franchises were able to say no to this in one way or another. And from what we were told a few months back, it would be voluntary this year but mandatory next. So I wouldn't be surprised if we do see the Packers in monochrome green or the Cowboys in mono navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I will never get how some of you can look at these ridiculouslyrics strong/big human beings playing in billion dollar Stadiums in front of 70 thousand people and millions more on tv while making millions of dollars and think they are amateur just because one team isn't wearing white. Anyways I'm pretty excited but not for some monochrome. Here's what I hope to see from my teams.

Chiefs-Yellow or Black. We've already seen what their all red looks like and I don't like it.

Bears-Orange. I liked the orange alt they used to have and I would like to see it come back.

Patriots-Red. Silver has been done before. It wasn't too bad but I would like to see red. Especially red paired with the navy pants.

I will never get how some of you can look at these ridiculouslyrics strong/big human beings playing in billion dollar Stadiums in front of 70 thousand people and millions more on tv while making millions of dollars and think they are amateur just because one team isn't wearing white.

Nobody "thinks" they're amateur. Nobody seriously believes the players and coaches will have to forgot their salary for these select dates. But yes, it absolutely looks busch league; like something you'd see watching pee-wee football. It doesn't matter that HD allows us to more easily distinguish teams on TV. A stronger visual distinction? Color vs. white.

So yes, teams dressing like they do in leagues that can only afford one set of jerseys per team, or wearing monochrome at home like youth leagues which buy only dark pants because they're easier to launder looks amateurish. They might as well go all-out and have the fattest guy wear sweatpants like the fat kid on the team who is too big for any of the pants they have.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I missing something? I get the "color from head to toe" thing, but nowhere does it say it's monochrome. Take Dallas for example -- if it IS monochrome, an all-white uniform (subtract the silver helmet) is kind of the exact opposite, wouldn't you say?

Not to mention Rams yellow on yellow w/ yellow socks is just too extremely extreme, right?

...right?

I'm one of those that thinks that for the most part, color vs color games look bush league (exceptions if one of the colors is pretty light, like when UCLA plays USC.)

For a one game / week thing, I wouldn't mind it, but not if teams are forced to bring out alternates that they otherwise would have no business wearing. If they're allowed to do throwbacks, then OK cool - like the Packers for example - should they be forced to wear some stupid yellow jersey that would otherwise never even be in the discussion, when they have a colored throwback available?

Jersey to toe color stinks for this, unless it's something like the Panthers' black, Titans' navy, Eagles' green, other a select few others that are of a cohesive design (yes, I included Titans navy in there because I happen to like it for reasons.)

Really hoping they put the Rams in dark pants, or even white - just not matching (or, non-matching) yellow.

The Panthers black is one of the few mono-looks I like and it's because they were contrasting blue socks.

Most other mono looks look awful, although I don't mind if it's done once per year or two, like the Chiefs or Bills, to change it up bit.

There's just two requirements I have, both to avoid the yoga pants look:

1. Contrasting socks

2. stripe on the pants (looking at you Saints and Ravens. Oh and Browns too because mono-Brown or Orange is just ugly)

I despise the Seahawks obsession with going mono all the time, especially when blue over gray actually looks good.

Am I missing something? I get the "color from head to toe" thing, but nowhere does it say it's monochrome. Take Dallas for example -- if it IS monochrome, an all-white uniform (subtract the silver helmet) is kind of the exact opposite, wouldn't you say?

Not to mention Rams yellow on yellow w/ yellow socks is just too extremely extreme, right?

...right?

Check out the second para:

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-29%20at%2010.12.

"Draped from jersey to cleats in one of the team's current or historic colors". White just happens to be the signature color of the Cowboys, doesn't make it any less monochrome.

Archived