Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rams aren't going to LA folks. Billionaire Kroenke may throw a hissy fit but he's not gonna get approved to go.

The Los Angelas Chargers though is going to happen.

The Bucs jersey is better then the regular jersey. Interesting how eliminating the orange (which should be gone anyway) improved the jersey and pants.

Much like Jacksonville's mustard pants and Carolina's blue pants, the red pants should be used for other games as well. White jerseys with these red pants and pewter socks would be a decent look.

The Rams look pretty good but like others have said, the white on the pants stand out like a sore thumb. Just have no place with this uniform (and really don't have one with the regular throwembacks either since there is no white in the royal blue jerseys). Otherwise, its not bad.

CV58gtJWIAAnZ0N.jpg

Am I the only one confused a little by the Bucs numbers. On Winston the interior trim appears white helping the numbers "pop" more but then on Evans the interior trim appears the more of a silver/gray.

Then this pic of Winston's jersey the interior trim appears the same shade of Pewter as the numbers.

temp151208_MM_Bucs_Color_Rush_0342--nfl_

Isn't that the reflective part? Would explain why it looks different under different lighting conditions.

I don't think it would look that different to appear white in some gray in others and pewter in even others. It is reflective on the normal red and white jerseys and doesn't appear to change that much.

CV58gtJWIAAnZ0N.jpg

These are crap, but that goes without saying. The jersey as demonstrated by Winston pisses me off so much. You can see his pads sticking out. This isn't during game action, when a blitzing DE grasped his shoulder as Jameis ran past him. This is in a perfect setting in a studio, at a standing position. and Nike still can't make a jersey that covers shoulder pads. That's inexcusable.

The whole fluffing from the Nike fanboys the last four years has been "it eliminates different templates and everybody looks the same!" Well, that's not true. But if the goal was to have everybody look the same, then the NFL needs to stop allowing players to tailor their jerseys. Tell Nike that shoulder pads protruding from sleeves is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Then outlaw custom jerseys. After that, fine the team and player anytime a jersey is customized, and fine Nike any time a player steps on the field with a non-customized jersey which doesn't fully cover his shoulder pads.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Tampa looks better, but improving the worst uniform in NFL history isn't exactly hard. Those numbers are still bafflingly stupid. I like how they still have the jaws of Husky Stadium on their shoulders.

The Rams would look great with white or blue pants, but this commitment to the one color unitard continues to ruin potentially good looks. Also bafflingly stupid.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So were there rumors that this Rams color rush alternate was a preview for 2016? I tried to locate any word stating this, but to no avail.

I wonder if these gold unis would be the primaries or if a navy blue reverse option would be primary.

Archived