Nike NFL "Color Rush" uniforms?

dcameronh

I've seen a few people say the Rams are bringing back the sleeve horns, but I'm just not seeing it. To me, this looks like a yellow version of the Colts. Am I wrong? There's another blue stripe there unless it's the collar and that's why it's blurry...since it would be out of focus.

CSh-ZhLXAAAcsn_.png

I agree with you. The blue stripe looks like it doesn't taper at all, and there's no sharp curve immediately after the numbers, as they do on the Rams' current throwbacks. This is either a triple stripe like the Colts, or a single blue stripe (with the blue we see in the top left corner being the toilet collar).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've long wanted to see the Bills in red at least once. It bothers me that they've always had red in their color scheme but have never worn a red jersey. I don't know if it'll look good, though. My gut feeling is that the jersey itself will look good, but it'll be paired with red pants to create a "blood-clot" uniform combo like the hated one occasionally worn by the Cardinals.

Red was never in the Bills color scheme in 1960 and 1961.

I can live with the jersey color in red for 1 game, but NOT if it's monochrome with red pants.

If we have to wear a red jersey I'd like to see the throwback helmet with the grazing Bison logo, it would go well with the red jerseys.

Since the NFL is promoting this 'color rush' scheme for Thursday night games I find it very interesting that the Cowboys are the ONLY TEAM that is wearing white on white. I'd bet that Jerry Jones gave the NFL his middle finger on this one and they compromised by letting Dallas wear the faux throwback uniform set from NFL-75 during the 1994 season, as it does have colored shoulder yokes with the stars.

The NFL has to dump this one-helmet rule immediately. I was reading some interesting comments about this just recently, I'll post the link below. Rather than wearing color vs color I'm quite sure that fans would much rather see team vs team wearing one of their throwback uniforms, especially Jacksonville from their inception seasons. Only Carolina wouldn't look too noticeable with that slight tweak they made a few seasons ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/17/nfl-safety-committees-told-teams-not-to-wear-throwback-helmets/#comments

Jacksonville_Jaguars_Reggie_Williams.jpg

Since the NFL is promoting this 'color rush' scheme for Thursday night games I find it very interesting that the Cowboys are the ONLY TEAM that is wearing white on white. I'f bet that Jerry Jones gave the NFL his middle finger on this one and they compromised by letting Dallas wear the faux throwback uniform set from NFL-75 during the 1994 season, as it does have colored shoulder yokes with the stars.

The NFL has to dump this one-helmet rule immediately. I'm quite sure that fans would much rather see a team wearing their throwback uniforms, especially Jacksonville from their inception seasons.

Jacksonville_Jaguars_Reggie_Williams.jpg

Yes please to TNF being a throwback game. "Throwback Thursday" is a huge social media thing and it only makes too much sense to do it.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Yes please to TNF being a throwback game. "Throwback Thursday" is a huge social media thing and it only makes too much sense to do it.

If Nike wanted what makes too much sense they wouldn't go with monochrome from jersey to cleats... They don't give a damn about sense and history.

If Nike wanted what makes too much sense they wouldn't go with monochrome from jersey to cleats... They don't give a damn about sense and history.
anything thats huge in social media doesnt exactly mean it makes a whole lot of sense either. Im all for TNF throwbacks by the way

Also, taking a closer look at that Cowboys jersey.... guys, it doesn't match either of the 90's jerseys posted. It has the double outlines like the 2nd one, but no silver at all, like the 1st one.

I assume this Boys jersey is a hybrid of sorts.

The modern doublestars didn't have any silver. Both the home and road version were just blue and white.

Here's a better look at that 1994 jersey:

1994_Cowboys.jpg

The glimpse we've seen so far of this year's alt matches exactly.

2015_ColorRush_Cowboys1.png

I've long wanted to see the Bills in red at least once. It bothers me that they've always had red in their color scheme but have never worn a red jersey. I don't know if it'll look good, though. My gut feeling is that the jersey itself will look good, but it'll be paired with red pants to create a "blood-clot" uniform combo like the hated one occasionally worn by the Cardinals.

Red was never in the Bills color scheme in 1960 and 1961.

I can live with the jersey color in red for 1 game, but NOT if it's monochrome with red pants.

They have already said it will be monochrome from neck down uncluding cleats. It will be even worse than the blue jersey/blue pants combo...

Since the NFL is promoting this 'color rush' scheme for Thursday night games I find it very interesting that the Cowboys are the ONLY TEAM that is wearing white on white. I'd bet that Jerry Jones gave the NFL his middle finger on this one and they compromised by letting Dallas wear the faux throwback uniform set from NFL-75 during the 1994 season, as it does have colored shoulder yokes with the stars.

I think a reason why the Cowboys are wearing white is because their opponent, the Panthers, are wearing blue. Blue vs. blue isn't going to be good even though the shades are different.

Go A's!

If Al Davis was still alive I would love to see how he would have reacted when being told by the NFL that his beloved RAIDAH's alter their uniforms to anything other than silver numbers and nobs on the white jerseys and/or wear the 1963 logo, and he'd never ever consider wearing monochrome black or silver. All the NFL is doing is trying to dip into more people's wallets by selling more jerseys. I guess that $20m they just milked out of YAHOO! was only a continuation of their endless greed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

phutmasterflex: "I think a reason why the Cowboys are wearing white is because their opponent, the Panthers, are wearing blue. Blue vs. blue isn't going to be good even though the shades are different".

I believe your reason to be incorrect.

When Manchester City plays Chelsea there has never been a problem with the 2 shades of blue clashing, and Dallas' blue jerseys are darker than Chelsea's

chelsea_2811150b.jpg

I've seen a few people say the Rams are bringing back the sleeve horns, but I'm just not seeing it. To me, this looks like a yellow version of the Colts. Am I wrong? There's another blue stripe there unless it's the collar and that's why it's blurry...since it would be out of focus.

CSh-ZhLXAAAcsn_.png

I agree with you. The blue stripe looks like it doesn't taper at all, and there's no sharp curve immediately after the numbers, as they do on the Rams' current throwbacks. This is either a triple stripe like the Colts, or a single blue stripe (with the blue we see in the top left corner being the toilet collar).

This doesn't look like a Colts stripe to me...but I could very well be wrong. If you look at the Jets' tease, the fabric is clearly different with regards to the stripes, and it's also been that way with the Colts for a long time. I don't see a significant fabric change in this Rams photo. Again, I could be wrong because it is blurry.

DnUODIO.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If Al Davis was still alive I would love to see how he would have reacted when being told by the NFL that his beloved RAIDAH's alter their uniforms to anything other than silver numbers and nobs on the white jerseys and/or wear the 1963 logo, and he'd never ever consider wearing monochrome black or silver. All the NFL is doing is trying to dip into more people's wallets by selling more jerseys. I guess that $20m they just milked out of YAHOO! was only a continuation of their endless greed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

phutmasterflex: "I think a reason why the Cowboys are wearing white is because their opponent, the Panthers, are wearing blue. Blue vs. blue isn't going to be good even though the shades are different".

I believe your reason to be incorrect.

When Manchester City plays Chelsea there has never been a problem with the 2 shades of blue clashing, and Dallas' blue jerseys are darker than Chelsea's

chelsea_2811150b.jpg

This is common in soccer but not in the NFL. For something so relatively new, the NFL probably knows they can't risk two teams in blue regardless of the shade. If color vs. color was something the league has done for years, then maybe. But for such a new phenomenon to the NFL audience, I just don't think they want to go that route just yet.

Plus it's a safety issue. You're going to have guys tackling the wrong guys because they saw a guy in a blue uniform and silver helmet. The speed is so quick in the NFL that the league doesn't want to risk anyone getting hurt or having people play poorly because in the quick split second, they mistook the wrong guy wearing a blue jersey and silver helmet. That's why contrasting uniforms in the NFL is so important.

I believe my reason to be correct. If anything, it's mainly a safety issue for fast-pace contact sport.

Go A's!

Also, taking a closer look at that Cowboys jersey.... guys, it doesn't match either of the 90's jerseys posted. It has the double outlines like the 2nd one, but no silver at all, like the 1st one.

I assume this Boys jersey is a hybrid of sorts.

The modern doublestars didn't have any silver. Both the home and road version were just blue and white.

Here's a better look at that 1994 jersey:

1994_Cowboys.jpg

The glimpse we've seen so far of this year's alt matches exactly.

2015_ColorRush_Cowboys1.png

I have a gut feeling that the cowboys will wear silver pants...just a hunch

Plus it's a safety issue. You're going to have guys tackling the wrong guys because they saw a guy in a blue uniform and silver helmet. The speed is so quick in the NFL that the league doesn't want to risk anyone getting hurt or having people play poorly because in the quick split second, they mistook the wrong guy wearing a blue jersey and silver helmet. That's why contrasting uniforms in the NFL is so important.

I believe my reason to be correct. If anything, it's mainly a safety issue for fast-pace contact sport.

No.

If there was any validity to that, then there'd be an issue with the Dolphins in white helmets and jerseys playing the Jets in white helmets and sleeves.

Here's what I think. The NFL is getting alot of flak over this one-helmet rule which is a total farce. Fans overwhelmingly like to see teams in throwback uniforms, except for the awful ones like the 1960 Denver Broncos version, 2 different versions that the Steelers have worn over the years, the one GB came out with this season, the NYJ throwbacks from their Titans of NY years of '60-'62 when they played at the Polo Grounds, etc etc

They've totally ruined the Redskins 80th anniversary look with the now-banned simulated leather helmets.

People want to see both teams wear a throwback uniform in the same game, not just the home team do it. In MLB when teams wear throwbacks the opponent wears one too. My all-time favorite was the Chicago White Sox 1906 throwbacks they wore in 2006.

I really believe the NFL has been getting alot of flak over this one-helmet rule so is doing this TNF con-job to differ the heat they're getting over this. Making teams wear monochrome along with color vs color on TNF is a total farce. Especially teams that have to invert their primary color combo's for it to work and not clash. The NFL is basically saying that if a player wears a different helmet over the course of the season is a safety issue, hence .. it can lead to lifelong brain and psychological damage, so any player who is traded before the trading deadline is going to have to get a new helmet, so now if that player gets a concussion and in later years in the aftermath of their career the NFL has built it up so they will get sued and lose, like they always seem to do in a court of law. It's just plain stupid. It just seems they're putting on a facade like they really care about player safety.

Those AFL-50 Legacy games in 2009 created a real excitement among fans in the NFL, especially in the 8 original AFL cities and Dallas, when they played the Chiefs in KC in a color vs color throwback game. That looked good, Cowboys navy contrasted quite well against the bright red of the Chiefs old Dallas Texans throwbacks.

This Thursday night gimmick is a total farce IMO.

Could anyone imagine if Dallas played Kansas City on TNF and the Cowboys had to wear navy pants while the Chiefs had to wear red pants while both teams wore their colored jerseys?

09000d5d8134f78b_gallery_600.jpg

Archived