NHL Hitz Expansion Project - (27/60) PARIS NATIONALES (5/03/2017)

Edubdesign

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate that such a well-thought-out and truly different concept series like this one, which I think is completely unprecedented on this board, falls off the front page so quickly and gets forgotten.

Something like this deserves as much C&C as much as possible to refine the process and keep it going.

Creativity like this gets forgotten, and it shouldn't if this board wants to keep healthy concepts coming.

Bump!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I hate that such a well-thought-out and truly different concept series like this one, which I think is completely unprecedented on this board, falls off the front page so quickly and gets forgotten.

Something like this deserves as much C&C as much as possible to refine the process and keep it going.

Creativity like this gets forgotten, and it shouldn't if this board wants to keep healthy concepts coming.

Bump!

Truth be told, I kinda forgot about this myself. I didn't forget about the project - all the teams are done. I just forgot to post 'em.

Let's change that. It's London Barons time.

2002-03 unis:

MbTEYoZ.png

Not bad, just... boring. Nothing British about them, and the guy in the logo looks like he should be driving a white panel van with "FREE CANDY" written on the side.

2016 unis:

bDEDQT3.png

FRWI37h.png

h2mpCCy.png

Each set is simplified in colour scheme, based off old British Redcoat military uniforms. That's where the sash comes in. You can see little English flags on the upper shoulders of the home and away, too.

And the 2015-16 rosters:

CcbyBTG.png

With the exception of forward Alec Maguire and d-man Grant Woods, there aren't many outstanding players; however, there aren't many bad ones, either. A decent team; they should be able to do some damage.

Next team comes from the land of the ice and snow, and the midnight sun, where the hot springs blow. WOAAAAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

• 3 months later...

I'm bringin' concepts back. (YEAH)

These other artists don't know how to act. (YEAH)

Time for a double dose of NHL Hitz magic: the Stockholm Vikings and the Berlin Thunder. Originals from 2002 can be found below.

First, the Swedes.

0YIBXpT.png

NQMFpaG.pngNtjkvWy.png

And now, ze Germans.

xWiD2QM.png

OyVByF7.png

86DyN7X.png

GN3E5D-94.png

GN3E5D-93.png

Zurich is defiantly my favourite. But that being said, these are all great!

My only nitpick is that Berlins logo on the home uniform is too dark, I can't see it. I know it's for consistency, and for the sake of the series, I'd say keep it. (On a real ice surface, that would be impossible to see)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2016 at 11:03 PM, New York's Greatest said:

Love Stockholm...not a fan of Berlin. Are their going to be rosters associated with each team like in the past?

I wasn't planning on showing them. I kinda wanted to have the focus on the designs themselves.

Like this one.

The #2 ranked Moscow Wolves. 2002 style...

QG6LeHj.png

...and 2016 style.

7sUyQB7.png

tUQkAez.png

6rX1cFD.png

One more team to go. 

We've been around the world; to Hong Kong, to Rome, to Australia... for our final team, we go back to the roots.

Let's finish the series with the #1 seed; the Winnipeg Lumberjacks.

Here's the 2002-era look:

TCPSsZi.png

Not bad; they're using five colours here, though, and that logo is way too detailed for a decent hockey logo; we don't want to give the poor kid in Bangladesh embroidering those things arthritis now.

Here's the 2016 set for the Hitz World Champs:

Ws1ORC7.png

wz5kilo.png

RaLUZB2.png

Anytime I see a team called the Lumberjacks, I think there has to be something bush-related there. Hence the plaid on the alt, and the tree silhouette on the hem and sleeves (an idea that I shamelessly swiped from Jimmy Lethal and HarperK's gone-but-not-forgotten Continental Hockey Association thread, Go Milwaukee)

Pared the colour scheme down from green/gold/red/black/white to green/brown/white, and simplified the logos.

Okay. Guess that means we're done here.

Or are we...?

Here's the deal. I'm interested in keeping this series going; this was a fun series to do, even though it took a long time to fully post. I'm taking suggestions for imaginary teams for the next phase of this project. I'll whip up a few designs for the ideas I like, and might even do the full roster thing too. The stranger the place, the better.

There will also be some updates to some of the earlier designs, since not all of them got unanimous praise.

If you've got an idea or some C&C, please post. Let those ideas fly!

Well to keep this series going...here's some fictional teams I've been playing with over the years. 

Toronto Towers (common name, but it would be cool to see you play with a skyscraper theme)

Klaipeda Moose (I used to live in Lithuania, and this is what our university was called)

Vancouver Victorias (unique play on words, considering Victoria is the capital of BC, and there's a lot of Victorian influence there)

I know two are Canadian, and that's because I live in Canada, so that's an obvious bias for what cities, but any team would cool.

I loved every part of this series. From the crazy, unique jerseys to the blast from the past of me playing NHL HITZ with my brothers on the weekend.  This game was my life and you put a special twist on every team that took up most of my childhood. That being said I want to suggest a team that I have been using in my own personal fictional league for awhile called the Golden Gate Guardians, a team obviously out of San Francisco. I thought it would be a good fit because there is already one team on the east coast in a huge market so why not the west too. The jersey could turn out pretty cool with the opportunity of incorporating the bridge in the jersey somewhere, and I was interested in seeing what you could do with it.

Bumping this for visibility.

Right now, we have the Vilnius Moose (just because it sounds better than the Klaipeda Moose), the Vancouver Victorias, and the Rhode Island Elders for certain, and maybe the Toronto Towers and the Golden Gate Guardians (if I can come up with any ideas for them)

Any other ideas?

Archived