NFL 2020: AFC West

colinturner95

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got AFC East updates

Bills:

rb9FWRN.png

To further separate their new look from past looks, I colored the white sleeve caps blue.

Dolphins:

ogy8Nxe.png

5wCxCyo.png

Only thing I did here was shrink the numbers on both sets.

Patriots:

juj27Tp.png

Shrank the wordmark, and while I know the consensus was to use Patriot Pat, I'm sticking to the hat over the number. I like it more to be honest and I wanted to go with a different look.

Jets:

jhlGzUr.png

1cHjIW8.png

Same as Dolphins, shrunk the numbers.

C & C welcome. NFC North is next.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Is this thread still going?

Yes it is.

Here's the NFC North

luol0Nv.png

I personally think the Bears uniforms are some of the best in the real NFL, but this isn't the real NFL. That being said, I made the striping consistent across the board.

-Helmet doesn't change.

-Jersey striping becomes consistent. GSH still on the sleeve.

-Pant striping also becomes consistent.

-All socks have stripes now.

Throwbacks:

1NPZST9.png

Threw it back to 1936, and while there was nothing too special about that particular season, I liked the uniforms.

C and C welcome. Happy Holidays!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Agreed on the number color. The jersey striping on the alt away doesn't look right, like the sleeve and shoulder don't go together.

Mainly because back in 1936, that was the design of the jersey.

But in 1936, the sleeves had the room to do that. The sleeves in 2015 don't support that.

Agreed on the number color. The jersey striping on the alt away doesn't look right, like the sleeve and shoulder don't go together.

Mainly because back in 1936, that was the design of the jersey.

But in 1936, the sleeves had the room to do that. The sleeves in 2015 don't support that.

The sleeves can still support a stripe, and the shoulders can still support their stripes. It's just a concept.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Hoping you're all having a wonderful holiday season!

mSgmqpl.png

I did what Detroit probably should do: dropped black.

-helmet is still silver, logo is still blue, facemask is now blue. striping has changed, the outer black stripe became white.

-jerseys now have colored in collars, Northwestern stripes, and I retained the double outlined numbers.

-pant striping mirrors helmet striping.

-socks and shoes are blue.

Fauxbacks:

YZgYJ0r.png

I went the route of fauxback because the Lions uniform history is rather similar and boring. Now that being said, these are based off of the Portsmouth Spartans 1931-1932 uniforms.

C&C welcome. Happy Holidays!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

mSgmqpl.png

I did what Detroit probably should do: dropped black.

-helmet is still silver, logo is still blue, facemask is now blue. striping has changed, the outer black stripe became white.

-jerseys now have colored in collars, Northwestern stripes, and I retained the double outlined numbers.

-pant striping mirrors helmet striping.

-socks and shoes are blue.

Fauxbacks:

YZgYJ0r.png

I went the route of fauxback because the Lions uniform history is rather similar and boring. Now that being said, these are based off of the Portsmouth Spartans 1931-1932 uniforms.

Happy holidays to you as well!

Lots of things I like:

1) No more black trim. Didn't look good on Michigan State in the 90s. Didnt look good on the Lions. Ugh. Let's pretend his never happened.

2) I'm surprised how much I like the white pants.

3) Helmet stripes: another thing that didn't make sense. I like that it's back to wide w/ two narrow.

Some constructive criticism:

1) Numbers: back are too large (when tucked, would make jersey look like its a size or two too big). Also, I I like the simpler single outline to the double outline you've used.

2) Fauxbacks: My hunch is that the Lions throwbacks stopped at William Clay Ford's first year because he hates what he saw in the 50s. I like the idea of the Blue helmet with gray facemask (because it was legit in the 40s). But I like the idea of giving a bid back to the 1935 team (first NFL championship) and do a faux-leather design (akin to what A&M did recently). I also like the nod back to the Spartans, but the vertical stripes on shoulders have never been my thing. I'd either recommend the wider chevron stripe design (akin to the Bears in '94, which other Spartans worein the same year you referenced), or do the route of silver numbers on blue jerseys.

3) Pants: I like the consistency of the stripes on silver pants to match silver helmet, but think swapping silver/blue on the white pants may provide some more silver.

My $0.02. A lot of really good work here.

PS - interestingly enough, the Lions played for a season in the late 40s in primarily scarlet and black uniforms.

Fauxbacks:

YZgYJ0r.png

Here's an interesting fact about Lions ownership: as a young Firestone living in Ohio, Mrs. Ford actually watched the Portsmouth Spartans play live. Amazing.

should be Eagles current unis!

Here's Philly.

Sketches: 2020 Throwback

viOr1oD.png

I went back and looked at my previous Eagles redesigns and wondered how drunk I had to have been when I made them. If you want to see look here and here. I can get behind double blue or double green, but not double grey. Anyways. I was looking through the Eagles uni history and the I liked the uniforms from '74 to '84. The striping was unique, but in no way plausible for the sleeves football players wear nowadays. So I slightly tweaked it and came up with what you see.

• Black is gone.
  • Kelly green helmets, wings on sides as per usual
  • Jerseys have unique striping pattern, no frills
  • Pants have a shortened triple stripe, Eagle on the hip (it looks clustered because it is. The mach speed pants don't handle hip logos well).
  • Green socks, white shoes

Throwbacks

fO7AHlu.png

Throwbacks come straight outta 1948, the year the Eagles won the NFL .

C and C welcome.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Quick drive to Seattle from Boise and I can get my computer out again.

Here's the Pack:

fexGHiS.png

Carried over pretty much the last redesign from my last NFL series.

-Helmet doesn't change.

-Jersey design shifts from Speed Machine to Mach Speed.

-Pants also shift from Speed Machine to Mach Speed.

-Socks now have a stripe.

Throwbacks:

MKHcAB5.png

The Packers have been around for pretty much ever. They've got a championship history. But the uniforms just kind of bored me. The navy blue is really starting to wear on me, and I wanted their uniforms to have some significance. So I went with the uniform from 1966. Why? Year of the first Super Bowl, that Green Bay just happened to win.

C&C welcome.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived