NFL 2020: AFC West

colinturner95

Well it has finally happened and Peyton Manning is retiring. Here's the uniforms of the team that drafted him. 

GMgr2k0.png

Colts uniforms as they are currently, are pretty close to perfect. 

-Removed most, if not all traces, of grey in the uniforms. Blue and white. 

-Double stripe also found everywhere. 

-Added blue pants to have a different option every once in a while

-striped the socks. 

Throwbacks:

LVgJ6mC.png

The Colts suffer from a pretty boring uniform history. They've worn the double shoulder stripes forever it seems like. So I had to unfortunately reporduce a signature Adidas trademark in creating this uniform. (For those that understood that referrence, I hope you chuckled). All in all, uniforms from 1995. 

C&C welcomed

6 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Any worries that with the double helmet stripe the Colts are too similar to the Jets now? With a double stripe you also remove the rear helmet numbers which were one of the more distinctive Colts elements. 

I hadn't thought of that. Well, I already know what I'm going to be updating. 

So I think I know what I'm going to do to the Colts, so moving along with the Jaguars: 

51Z1jqN.png

In all honesty, I like the Jags new uniforms, but that helmet ruins the set as a whole. 

-Helmet is black, but looks teal when the light hits it. 

-Another one of my "modern-to-traditional" sets. Claw mark looking stripes in the front, actual stripes in the back. 

-Kept the font, I'm a sucker for custom fonts

-Pants have the same stripe treatement.

-Black socks, teal shoes. 

Throwbacks: 

x73qlTI.png

Pretty simple, and good looking too I might add. First uniforms the Jaguars ever wore, way back in '95. It was nice to see the old jaguar logos make a reappearance.

C&C welcome as always. 

For the Jags and Panthers, I'd switch the direction of the claw marks. You have them going back to front, I think front to back would look better, it evokes speed and direction instead of "oh that guy got attacked by a cat". Numbers, pants should be gold or teal for the Jags, they have awesome colours, no need to limit them

So, finishing the posting of the AFC South, meaning updates will soon follow. 

9M8reKR.png

I'm not against the current uniforms, but I thought with a few tweaks they could be better. These are inspired by my Pro Combat uniform I designed for the Titans in my last NFL thread. 

-White helmet with the slanted northwestern stripe. I brought the flame back to the roundel, but got rid of red. 

-Similar to what they wear now, but same northwestern stripe pattern now graces the shoulders. 

-Pants have the same stripe pattern. 

-Columbia blue (is that what they call it?) socks and shoes. 

Throwbacks: 

K9Tc2iA.png

First uniforms they wore, and some beautiful uniforms at that. 1960 uniforms. 

C&C welcome. Updates will follow, and so will the NFC West. 

So I don't have too many updates for the AFC South. It seemed like the uniforms were all well recieved. 

Houston: 

No changes, seemed like it was well liked. 

Colts: 

Mtla9ly.png

I did not intend to turn the Colts into the Jets of the AFC South, so I went back and changed the helmet/pants stripe. I just went with a thick single stripe on both, and luckily the the Colts horseshoe logo lends itself well to being a hip logo, so it now graces the hip. 

Jaguars: 

Contemplated adding teal pants, but I decided against it for now. 

Titans/Oilers: 

No changes for the normal home/away. 

I didn't want to add any red to the helmet on the throwbacks, mainly because the helmets from that timeframe didn't have any red. 

Hopefully these work for everyone, NFC West will be ready soon. 

So, we've made it to the final set of divisions, the Wild Wes(s). Here goes the NFC West, leading us off is Arizona. 

lTEBzaO.png

The Cardinals uniforms of the now reek of piping and are otherwise slightly unpleasant to look at, and I have to twice a year as a Seahawk fan. <_<. Also its worth noting that the Cardinals uniform history is possibly the most boring in the history of the NFL. Although the flag striping uniforms from '89-'95 were cool, but unfortunately unpractical on today's uniforms. Ok, enough of my rambling. 

-helmet stays white, stays stripless, dumped the grey facemask in favor of red. Added the starburst from the flag to the back of the helmet. 

-What are all the cool kids doing in Arizona nowadays? ADDING COPPER!! 

-The striping pattern is derived from splitting the pants stripe in half and that's where we arrive at. 

-Kept the font, you know why, I've told you a million times. 

-pants have a stripe. 

-Socks are red. 

Throwbacks: 

oiVMcrk.png

I really had a tough time here with the Cardinals throwbacks. It was going to have to be a fauxback because of said boring history. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I think it might grow on me. 

-white blank helmet, grey facemask, which is what I think is what they did in 1994. 

-Uniform is pieced together, sleeve stripes come from 1921-1925 Chicago Cardinals uniforms. I added the old Chicago Cardinals logo to the chest, opposite the 100 logo. Smaller chest numbers, like on the '94 uniforms. 

-Tan pants, make it look old timey. 

-socks are from the 1925 season. 

-Black shoes to fit in with the times. 

C&C Welcome. 8 jerseys left (including everyone's favorite All-Star game ;))

15 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

So, we've made it to the final set of divisions, the Wild Wes(s). Here goes the NFC West, leading us off is Arizona. 

lTEBzaO.png

The Cardinals uniforms of the now reek of piping and are otherwise slightly unpleasant to look at, and I have to twice a year as a Seahawk fan. <_<. Also its worth noting that the Cardinals uniform history is possibly the most boring in the history of the NFL. Although the flag striping uniforms from '89-'95 were cool, but unfortunately unpractical on today's uniforms. Ok, enough of my rambling. 

-helmet stays white, stays stripless, dumped the grey facemask in favor of red. Added the starburst from the flag to the back of the helmet. 

-What are all the cool kids doing in Arizona nowadays? ADDING COPPER!! 

-The striping pattern is derived from splitting the pants stripe in half and that's where we arrive at. 

-Kept the font, you know why, I've told you a million times. 

-pants have a stripe. 

-Socks are red. 

Throwbacks: 

oiVMcrk.png

I really had a tough time here with the Cardinals throwbacks. It was going to have to be a fauxback because of said boring history. I'm not 100% sold on it, but I think it might grow on me. 

-white blank helmet, grey facemask, which is what I think is what they did in 1994. 

-Uniform is pieced together, sleeve stripes come from 1921-1925 Chicago Cardinals uniforms. I added the old Chicago Cardinals logo to the chest, opposite the 100 logo. Smaller chest numbers, like on the '94 uniforms. 

-Tan pants, make it look old timey. 

-socks are from the 1925 season. 

-Black shoes to fit in with the times. 

C&C Welcome. 8 jerseys left (including everyone's favorite All-Star game ;))

Really like the home/away set. The copper really gives it a fresh look, although I might consider either making the beak of the logo copper, or the stripes yellow so that it doesn't feel completely out of place.

As for the fauxback, I would enjoy it if there wasn't already a team in that division with the exact color scheme, and almost nearly identical home uniforms...unless of course you've got other plans for the 9ers.

cDscSgi.png

When I started this thread, they were the St. Louis Rams. Now they are the Los Angeles Rams. That changed a few things. 

-Didn't plan on using navy, but I did. I might change back to royal. I'm still not 100% sure. 

-Didn't change up the helmet. Why should I? It's a classic look. 

-With the move to LA, I figured that it's about time someone used a lighter home jersey that wasn't white and I liked the Rams Color Rush uniforms the most, so yellow is the home jersey. 

-Ram horns on the sleeves. 

-Yellow pants make a return, which seemed to be what everyone was clamoring for. 

-Yellow socks and shoes. 

Throwbacks: 

LgspYCZ.png

These blue and white uniforms seemed to be very popular so I threw it back to these. Uniforms come from 64-72, during the first stint in LA. 

C&C welcome. 

Clever idea on the Rams by adding an outline to the horns/stripes. I think it'd look better with blue cleats and socks, at least for the white pants and yellow pants. We learned from the color rush that yellow pants-cleats-socks quickly get a little too French's Mustard-y. 

Also maybe "Ramming Speed," "Battering Rams," or "Lower the Horns" might be a better motto.

• Atomic locked this topic