Cheap programs...

pcgd

I don't sell out to automotive manufacturers... People already bought the cars... so I just use other people's cars. If they don't know, they don't mind. I get to drive a different car each place I go!

You people who pay for cars are sell outs!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whatever cars and software is alot different. u cant download a car and use it.

car companies make a killing off ppl too. but thats a different story. i dont see a problem with ripping of the net. its not stealing or anything. like if u could acces it it for free why not.

number933.gif

avenger let me ask you this,

do u ever use kazza or do u ever rip music of the net. i know i do, but that is ecatly the same thing as ppl ripping applications of the net.

everyone is doing it. i say u lighten up and try it its easy dosnt take long to download and it comes the same way u would if u bought it at staples or where ever you buy your programs .

all companies do is try and get every cent out of you. trust me i work at mcdonalds and we screw every customer that buys there. personally i dont like it , but hey a job is a job

maybe this topic should be moved , this dosnt have anything to do with sports logo's

I'm glad you know me so well!

Actually, scooter, I don't. I've got a CD collection of about 500 discs and an iTunes collection of about 60 songs that I've purchased, because if someone has spent their heart and soul creating a peice of music that I want to listen too, I've got no problem drop a little cash to make sure they haven't been robbed by me.

Don't get we wrong, I am against unfair business practices, but at the end of the day, companies are set up to make as much money as possible, but as greedy as it sounds, it's good for the little guy as well. The more money a company makes, the more they can afford to spend on current employees and new hires.

It's called capitalism, and as flawed as it is, it's been proven to work better than any other economic system that man has thought up.

i dont see a problem with ripping of the net. its not stealing or anything. like if u could acces it it for free why not.

But it is stealing, whether you know enough to realize that or not.

And no, I don't download shareware or music from Kazaa or anywhere else off of the net.

EDIT - By the way, I can access the keys to half a dozen company vehicles in my office for free any time I want. Does that mean I get to keep them? After all, I can access them for free?

It's where I sit.

I just have to ask. Do you see the complete and utter irony in the fact that you say you're tired of people who sell out to corporate dicks, but yet you work for McDONALDS, one of the biggest corporations around? I hope that you've found a way wash your hair, brush your teeth, watch TV, or hey, even surf the internet, without buying something that a corporation sold you, pal, because otherwise, you're buying into it like all these "sell-outs" you accuse.

And seriously, if you don't consider downloading pirated software for free as "stealing," you are severely misguided. Some guy uploading Photoshop to his web server so you can download it for free doesn't make it legal. People uploading songs to be traded on Kazaa doesn't make it legal. MP3's and warez are illegal. If the company sells it for a price and you got it for free on the Internet, then you may has well have stolen it from Best Buy or whatever software distributor is in your area. And before you ask, no, I don't download MP3's off Kazaa, for one because I have a Mac, and for two, it's illegal unless directly distributed by the artist or company themselves. I have a playlist 3,000+ songs long, and every song on it was purchased with money I earned and gladly spend to support artists who make good music.

Actually, scooter, I don't. I've got a CD collection of about 500 discs and an iTunes collection of about 60 songs that I've purchased, because if someone has spent their heart and soul creating a peice of music that I want to listen too, I've got no problem drop a little cash to make sure they haven't been robbed by me.

well avenger , that right you guessed , here is your nobel peace price buddy hope you enjoy it <_<

And seriously, if you don't consider downloading pirated software for free as "stealing," you are severely misguided. Some guy uploading Photoshop to his web server so you can download it for free doesn't make it legal. People uploading songs to be traded on Kazaa doesn't make it legal. MP3's and warez are illegal. If the company sells it for a price and you got it for free on the Internet, then you may has well have stolen it from Best Buy or whatever software distributor is in your area. And before you ask, no, I don't download MP3's off Kazaa, for one because I have a Mac, and for two, it's illegal unless directly distributed by the artist or company themselves. I have a playlist 3,000+ songs long, and every song on it was purchased with money I earned and gladly spend to support artists who make good music.

In canada it is not illegal so if u can do it why not , who gives a plop.

number933.gif

I just have to ask. Do you see the complete and utter irony in the fact that you say you're tired of people who sell out to corporate dicks, but yet you work for McDONALDS, one of the biggest corporations around? I hope that you've found a way wash your hair, brush your teeth, watch TV, or hey, even surf the internet, without buying something that a corporation sold you, pal, because otherwise, you're buying into it like all these "sell-outs" you accuse.

habsfan just got karl mal0wn3d

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

You sure about that, ace?

i thought it was cheif :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

when I saw there were so many posts, I thought it was gonna be about my misleading information. :) I was hoping the place was a good alternative for people to go, but I didn't have tmie to look into it, so I figured I'd let anyone that wanted to buy look in to it.

Anyway, I wish I could say I was a saint and have never downloaded any music. I have. Back in the early days of Napster. Once I saw my friends getting busted for it (litterally) I stopped. It was a wake up call, and I realized it was wrong. I was lucky enough not to get into trouble for it. I started seeing it as ripping off the artists. Especially as an artist myself (not musical but graphic) I saw it as wrong. If someone rips of your design, just cause its on the web, its still ripping it off.

I got my software through school, so I'm lucky enough to have that. Had I not, I'd probably would have bought it online in a similar deal as the one I showed you guys. Maybe not that one, but something similar. As cheap as possible! :)

I'm not gonna say your evil for doing it, or say your wrong. It is illegal however. I think in some respects it helps the music industry. People preview the music and then buy the CD. At least that's what I've done from time to time. Also it helps struggling local bands branch out. Usually its at their request or desire to have their music distributed for free. Kinda how some of us don't care if we get any money or reward, just want our work to be used by someone. But, their are many many others that only download the music, never with the intention of buying the CD. But in my views now, I feel its wrong. Others have their opinions.

I would recomend this for your protection though, don't distribute it. They go after the people that are uploading songs, and software, not neccesarily the ones downloading (this is what I've heard at least)

peace,

pc

You sure about that, ace?

This is sketchy... there are constantly rulings coming down ruling in favour of this side and that...

Last I heard, it was illegal to share, but legal to download music. I'm not sure about software. Very gray.

I don't see the grayness behind it all, but whatever. The way I see it, regardless of whether it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

To amend my earlier statement... You are not only severely misguided, but you're also severely misinformed. I suggest you familiarize yourself with Canadian copyright laws. They very clearly state that any distribution or reproduction of a copyrighted work (referring to music, and yes, downloading is reproducing it), regardless of whether or not it is for trade, is restricted, and thereby ILLEGAL. If you have any doubts, feel free to read the Canadian Copyright Act, found here. That covers music piracy in Canada.

Now, as for software piracy, I'll refer you to the website of CAAST, the Canadian Alliance Against Software Theft. Go visit this page and see what they have to say about it.

Care to try and explain how you think it's not illegal?

Dragging this topic kicking and screaming back on track (somewhat), I have noticed that cheap OEM software seems to be the new product du jour for spammers.

Anyone hoping to buy original software from something that showed up in their email is more than likely headed for a big disappointment.

On THE topc of cheap software, does anybody around here use JASC PaintShopPro?

I got myself an OEM version, and have barely used it.

I had read in many places that it was a good compromise to Photoshop.

Care to comment?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

i dont understand, we go out and but them when u can just get a copy right of the internet?

its not hard at all im in the procces of getting photoshop 7 right now. for a big old

0$

it may be wrong but i think its wrong take make ppl pay 220$ for desgining software

If you had any idea how many man hours it takes to develop and improve the software, you'd understand why the programs are so expensive.

And the reason people buy the software instead of just downloading it off the internet for free, is because they want to do the right thing and they know that people's income is dependent upon Adobe or Macromedia or whoever moving copies of the program.

Sorry.... I'm against evil corporations and all that, but downloading warez is wrong.

I didn't steal mine, it came with the computer. I have a sony.

I use PaintShop Pro 8.1 for all my graphics and it works great. I can handle just about everything and it's cheap. You can get a LEGAL version for well under $100 dollars, sometimes sigificantly less than that. I actually have copies of Photoshop and Illustratror as part of a school liscence, but I'm more comfortable with PSP, and I'm still learning so much that have yet to load the Adobe bundle on my PC.

Now to my question: I'm still unfamiliar with OEM. How can some 3rd party sell the software so cheap? I can't imagine just because there's no box or manual it would be that much cheaper. Isn't this just as illegal as the "habsfan9" method?

Ben

Archived