Cheap programs...

pcgd

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be frank, I download songs off the net. To be even more frank, after listening to one song from a CD and liking it, I find a way to buy the full CD. It's a slow process as I don't have a job just yet, but my goal is to buy every song that I've ever downloaded. It may sound wrong to others, but it gets me to listen to the music and decide if I like it enough to buy the CD. However, I have never downloaded any software program (aside from demos from Adobe's site). I bought a copy of Premiere on EBay for a good price and it was in all of it's new packaging, and I get a student discount on Illustrator ($100 woot woot). So why would I pirate? As a student I can get software from the company with a student discount. I don't sell any of the stuff I make, and I abide by their rules, so I guess both I and the software company win.

As for selling out...yeah, whatever :rolleyes:

Abbey

Abbey.jpg

ok... as a professional designer let me say this!

Sure, I have gotten burned copies of all of the major software, so I am not going to say I didnt practice the program sharing myself.

I am not saying it is LEGAL, but I think when people are younger or inexperienced designers aspiring to be professionals, there is a certain level of acceptance that college kids are going to pass their programs on to their friends so they can all learn it.

Heck when I was in collegem 5 of us kicked in to buy Photoshop, and then burned the copies of it.

However... once you become professional, work for a company, or start making money by using these programs... you must ABSOLUTELY go the route of paying for the license rights.

As far as music... heck yeah I used to download free songs from Kazaa all the time, but only because I dont really buy CD's and I am not going to spend $18 just so I can have the hottest Color Me Badd ( :-/ ) song! I downloaded from Kazaa cause up until the revolution of Itunes you really couldnt buy one song at a time digitally!

ITUNES ROCKS... and I have downloaded and paid for over 150 songs!

I don't mind paying for it... as long as it is LEGIT!

Archived