NBB by Nike - Pinheiros full set added

OlavoP

mcsHH1T.png

The NBB, or Novo Basquete Brasil (New Basketball Brazil on a free traslation) is the major brazilian basketball league. Founded on 2009, the league is entering it's 8th edition on 2015/16, the first one fully under the new NBA partnership. With that in mind and as a brazilian and a basketball fan myself I decided to go a little further and imagine this partnership reaching uniform supply as well, fitting nike for the league, since the swoosh brand is a season away from taking on the american league itself.

A brief history of the NBB:
Founded on 2009 following the last Brazilian basketball championship organized by the CBB (the Brazilian equivalent of USA Basketball Association) the NBB showed some success on it's first season, featuring Flamengo from Rio de Janeiro as it's first champion, on a final against Brasilia. Runners-up at NBB1, Brasilia went on to win the title for 3 consecutive years, on NBB 2 they got their revenge against Flamengo, followed by wins against Franca (NBB 3) and São José (NBB 4). Following the downfall of Brasilia, Flamengo managed to win the following 3 titles, against Uberlândia (NBB 5), Paulistano (NBB 6) and Bauru (NBB 7), thus becoming the team with most titles. NBB clubs have got themselves great results on international basketball, most notably on the past 3 years: Pinheiros went on to win the Liga das Americas (LDA) and lost to Olympiakos on the FIBA Intercontinental Cup (FIBA's highest level club competition) on 2013, just like Bauru did, losing to Real Madrid on 2015. In 2014 Flamengo won the LDA and went on to beat EuroLeague champions Maccabi Tel Aviv to become world champions, the second Brazilian club to do so, alongside Sírio on 1979.
The NBB relation with the NBA on court:
5 players that have played on the NBA went on to play on the NBB, the most notable two were Leandro Barbosa (current NBA Champion with GSW) and Walter Hermann, Olympic gold medalist with Argentina. The list also includes Alex Garcia, Marquinhos and Rafael "Bábby". Currently two former NBB young players do play on the NBA: Bruno Caboclo (Toronto Raptors) and Cristiano Felício (Chicago Bulls). Following the success of the new brazilian league it was a matter of time for it to call NBA's attention, and it happened in 2014, when Flamengo became the first ever Latin American team to play on the NBA preseason and to play on American soil, facing the Suns, Magic and Grizzlies. The following year, even bigger interaction, as Bauru went to visit the Knicks and Wizards, and Flamengo hosted the Orlando Magic for the NBA Global Games Rio de Janeiro third edition, the first featuring a local club.
The project:
My project is simple, it consists on making new uniforms for all the 15 NBB teams, and maybe teams from lower leagues and teams from the past will be up next. The rules are the following:
- Every team must have at least the home (white or light colors) and away combinations
- Alternates are allowed, with the maximum of two (making it a total of 4 kits per team)
- There is a maximum of 2 sponsors each kit, on previously determined spaces and with colors that fits the uniform set.
- Teams that are playing on international level this season may have international versions of the kits, that can be different of the NBB kits
- All kits must contain the nike swoosh on both the front of the shirt and the left side of the shorts and the NBB logo on the back
- Both clubs with league titles (Flamengo and Brasilia) must have the golden seal on the back of the shirt
Uniform must follow this example:

RKdGUrN.png

I will also do the court for each team, present some uniform history background, but I will not make rebrands.

---

Really sorry for the bad english, and hope you guys enjoy, cheers!

---

hQPsNE6.png?2

Looking forward to that, I'm sure that good stuff are coming!
Can't wait to see Liga Sorocabana and Mogi das Cruzes

And for the guys who are interested in some alternative basketball NBB has always nice games and you can watch some via streaming on the website www.lnb.com.br/tempo-real
Tomorrow Brasília will play against Pinheiros (who have two guys that are NBA material - George de Paula and Lucas Dias), for the FIBA lovers is really worthy watching!
I work there, so I have to make some advertising here hahahahaha

ouUS9xg.png?1

PASCHOALOTTO BAURU BASKET

Starting off this series with a big one: Bauru. Runners-up on the last NBB, they are the defending champions of both the Liga de las Americas (Latin America's Euroleague) and Liga Sudamericana, the two FIBA South/Latin America tournments. Also losing to Real Madrid in the Intercontinental Cup by point difference, after a win on the first game and a loss at the second. Probably top 2 on both country and continent, they have some great players like Alex Garcia, Rafael Hettsheimeir and Ricardo Fischer, who pulled off a triple-double against the Knicks on the NBA preseason.

So, let's get to the uniforms. Here are some of the Bauru recent looks:
tGaksoz.png

1 - They used this blue kit at the Intercontinental Cup vs. Real Madrid and the NBA preseason at the Knicks and Wizards, probably their best uniforms ever.
2 - Regular kits from last season (14-15)
3 - Those are also 14-15, but used only on the Liga de Las Americas, really interesting color combination, but strange design.
4 - This was their uniforms for this years São Paulo State Championship
5 - What they are will be using this NBB 2015-16.

It's obviously they don't follow a pattern on this uniforms other then the Blue/White and sometimes orange, something I want to change on this series, and make a unique visual identity for each team. With simple stuff like last season, or the pinstripes, half/half kits like they used on the LDA 2015 and even those Hawks style pattern they used on the trip to the US, I had plenty to choose from. I ended up going for a color scheme similar to the knicks, with Blue as the primary color, white as the secondary, and orange always present on details. Here are the uniforms:

Pretty basic home kit, probably my least favorite from the bunch. The template I used for all this kits are kind of a mix between Nike hyperelite emerge and Nike elite respect jersey:

TZUw9JT.png

For the road I went for blue with orange, making this combination be their thing and kind of unique on the league. I really liked how this two shades of blue got together and the orange works as an accent to it:

N8OyKJt.png

Alternates to be used on international matches (Liga Sudamericana and Liga de Las Americas) using the same color scheme they used last season on the LDA. Really like the combination of this shade of really dark blue, plain white and orange details. No home or road combinations here since it's for competitions with each stage based on only one city, they must pick dark or light uniforms depending on what the other team wears:

LeQkkHs.png

kKJ0wdO.png

And here are the training kits, a slightly modified Nike pinnacle mesh that will be used for every team on the league. The orange one is for every international match:

QyFJAo7.png

dSHhcdq.png

Here is their court:

VOdbYCE.png

---

C&C appreciated. Really sorry for the bad english

---

hQPsNE6.png?2

Everything nice and clean, specially the Liga de Las Americas pack!

Thanks man, really liked those as well

Everything is clean and well thought out...nice work so far. Only I'd love to see an update of that logo...

Sadly I'm really not the logo guy, just too bad at it, but who knows. Thanks anyway

---

Experimenting with some possibilities for the orange alternate, would love some opinions on how to use or improve those, numbers 1 and 3 are my favorites of the bunch:

qrpIFlp.png?10lY985H.png?1SnBOZS2.png?1dTKD377.png?1eKuZF0k.png?1

Here it is, Bauru alternate set:

The alternate kit is also an uniform type I would love to introduce for a few teams for this series: The pride kit. The idea is to wear an uniform that is modern looking, is unique to the set and unique to the league as well, something only this team could wear. It would be used with the pride court only one time, so only one use at home, but I can see they using it away for one or two games as well. For me this set would be used agains Mogi on the 9/12, it's one of their biggest rivals and this season Mogi eliminated Bauru on the São Paulo state championship without having to play the final game of the series, since the federation would change the dates that would clash with Bauru's trip to the US for the NBA preseason.

ZPbDnY0.png

And here is their pride court, pretty simple recolor of the regular court, but those orange uniforms + orange court would make a pretty big visual impact:

Af7gdbh.png

it would be nice to see new actual professional logos rather a comic book figure logo for a team. but uniforms are awesome!

I already offered my services to this team, but they said that they rather stick with that logo for now...there are a couple of teams here making better identities, I hope that make them change their mind.

56lX3mL.png?1

ESPORTE CLUBE PINHEIROS

Let's keep the series rolling with Pinheiros. Estabilished as a club on 1899 on the city of São Paulo, Pinheiros basketball has only achieved sucess on recent years. A founding member of the NBB, Pinheiros is well known in Brazil as one of the countires best player supplier, revealing great talents and playing with a younger side, such as current players Lucas Dias, Georginho and Humberto. One of the most famous players revealed by them is Toronto Raptors forward Bruno Caboclo, the 20th Overall pick on the 2014 NBA draft. With their mentality Pinheiros have the third place on 2011 and 2012 as their best result on the league. Internationaly the club has reached it's biggest glory by winning the 2013 Liga de Las Americas, following up by a defeat to Olympiakos on the FIBA Intercontinental Cup final. The following year they also reached the LDA final four, losing on the final to the hosts Flamengo.

So let's get to the uniforms, here are some recent looks:

ivErLTC.png

1 - Their kits for 2013/14, when they won the Liga de Las Americas

2 - Last years kit, pretty simple kit as well, but really poluted
3 - This season uniforms are the first without their old main sponsor Sky and with their new manufacturer Joma, pretty simple and clean look.

They used to have White as home, red as road and blue as alternate, this season they changed to just White/Blue uniforms. So I decided to add the third color to the mix, black, and go for a totally different approach then what they use now, an 90's style look inspired by what the Orlando Magic looked back then.

Pinstriped home kit with unusual blue/black pinstripes. For this one I also used only the flag as the shorts logo:

PJMa8X1.png

The road kit is my favorite on the series so far, and probably will be for some time:

Dxtsdbs.png

Blue is now alternate. It's the most clean look of all three of their kits:

q3EFVV1.png

Black training kits with blue shorts:

ndO7Wwj.png

Pretty simple court using their new wordmark on the baselines:

6WWtKy3.png

---

C&C appreciated. Really sorry for the bad english

---

hQPsNE6.png?2

Archived