Helmet Help Please

UrFriendCaleb

I'm a rookie to this, but I have been asked to design a new helmet for a high school football team. They are the Pelicans, and this is what I've come up with so far. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Also, how do I make it look realistic? I've seen some helmets on here that look 3d and I would love to know how to do that before I present it! Thanks.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135931246@N08/shares/6rjE97

The logo does not fit. Based on this application, You'd have to cut the decal or it'll cover the holes. Simply shrink it down so that it fits within the ridges of the helmet.

Another thing you could try is to use only the wings to make it look like the Eagles helmet.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

You can check deviant art for some 3D helmets which can be downloaded. You can add a little credit line on your art that gives credit to the person who created the helmet template.

Regarding your logo, you probably wouldn't be able to use it, as it is the same logo the New Orleans Pelicans used for the NBA All Star Game in 2013 as a secondary logo.

spacer.png

That's a pretty sweet logo. Well done!

What you're looking to do is warp the logo onto the helmet, no?

I don't have any pre-made .psds to share with you, but in Photoshop if you check out Edit > Transform there are a bunch of options there to skew and re-size the logo to look right. Try and find a shot of a blank helmet (or plain with an easily removed logo) and adjust the logo until it looks right.

If you're going to keep it that size, I'd suggest trying a Displacement Map to help it look like it's sitting in, and not on the seams:

http://photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/dispmap/dispmap.htm

Hopefully that no help was of any help!

Archived