Should NHL go back to white jerseys at home like old days?

Unocal

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to mention, white-outs are sweet, and unless you have a bright primary color like Nashville or Tampa, you couldn't do a team color-out and you would look ridiculous doing a white-out with the opposing team wearing white.

^ This. Those Jets/Ducks playoff games in Winnipeg last year looked silly with the entire MTS Centre decked out in white like the Ducks.

Then it's time to start a new tradition. Go with the team's brightest accent colour and run with that. A building full of fans in the light blue would look pretty cool. #PaintitAviatorBlue or something.

http://nhluniforms.com/2007-08/2007-08.html

A world without third jerseys. Mind you, most of these look terrible, but I like the principle.

Looks more like a world without visual literacy... God that was a rough year to be a hockey uniform enthusiast :puke:

Yup. And speaking as Ducks fan... well.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Then it's time to start a new tradition. Go with the team's brightest accent colour and run with that. A building full of fans in the light blue would look pretty cool. #PaintitAviatorBlue or something.

No. That's stupid. The whiteout is something Jets fans care deeply about. They didn't buy up the season ticket inventory in 15 minutes so that one day they could wear blue to Stanley Cup playoff games.

The Jets can just choose which uniform to wear for their home games as is their right as the home team, and wear white in the playoffs. In fact, if we're going to have darks at home, then the Jets should wear white at home all year; their home uniforms are that bad.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wait - can you do that? Choose a home color for the playoffs? It would make sense, since the other team wouldn't have to pack both of their sets since they're only playing one team on the road as opposed to a normal road trip.

I understand they wouldn't let you choose dark for game one, then white for game two, then dark for game 5, etc., but they should let you just choose white as your "home" color (unless they're concerned that your darks wouldn't be seen at all during the playoffs and that would hurt sales).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wait - can you do that? Choose a home color for the playoffs? It would make sense, since the other team wouldn't have to pack both of their sets since they're only playing one team on the road as opposed to a normal road trip.

I understand they wouldn't let you choose dark for game one, then white for game two, then dark for game 5, etc., but they should let you just choose white as your "home" color (unless they're concerned that your darks wouldn't be seen at all during the playoffs and that would hurt sales).

I don't think jersey sale numbers become as quite as important when a team makes the playoffs... Especially the Jets...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I'm a proponent for white at home for 2 reasons. 1. the road team different color every time and 2. because, nostalgia.

But actually I like far more teams white jerseys than dark.

Here are the only teams who I think have better dark jerseys than white:

Habs (obviously)

Avs (both are equally terrible though)

Stars

Panthers

Penguins (ditto avs)

Flyers

Lightning

Canucks

So that's only 8 and 2 of them are just lesser of two evils.

OTOH here are teams I think the dark alts are the best of their set:

Ducks

Flames

Hurricanes

Blue Jackets

Senators

Penguins

Capitals

I'm a proponent for white at home for 2 reasons. 1. the road team different color every time and 2. because, nostalgia.

But actually I like far more teams white jerseys than dark.

Here are the only teams who I think have better dark jerseys than white:

Habs (obviously)

Avs (both are equally terrible though)

Stars

Panthers

Penguins (ditto avs)

Flyers

Lightning

Canucks

So that's only 8 and 2 of them are just lesser of two evils.

OTOH here are teams I think the dark alts are the best of their set:

Ducks

Flames

Hurricanes

Blue Jackets

Senators

Penguins

Capitals

No way the Avs dark jersey is bette than the white.

The Avalanche white is passable because there is no blue and burgundy touching. But the Alt is the far superior jersey of the three they have.

I'm a proponent for white at home for 2 reasons. 1. the road team different color every time

It's 2015. The home team doesn't need to wear white for fans to see the dark uniforms of the other 29 teams.

Teams with better homes:

Hurricanes

Blackhawks

Stars

Oilers

Panthers

Habs

Predators

Devils

Islanders

Rangers

Senators

Flyers

Blues

Sharks

Leafs

Canucks

Capitals

Teams with better roads:

Ducks

Bruins

Sabres

Blue Jackets

Red Wings

Wild

Kings

Jets

Not listed (both are equally awful):

Coyotes

Flames

Avalanche

Penguins

Lightning

I think the main reason why they switch color vs whites at home is, because of the third jerseys, away teams had to travel with their two sets when they were on a long trip...

For example, Vancouver playing in Montréal, Ottawa and Boston. MTL and BOS would play in white while OTT wants to play with their alt on saturday night... VAN would have to travel with both jerseys...

http://nhluniforms.com/2007-08/2007-08.html

A world without third jerseys. Mind you, most of these look terrible, but I like the principle.

Looks more like a world without visual literacy... God that was a rough year to be a hockey uniform enthusiast :puke:

It's really sad that more than half of the league downgraded with the switch to the Edge template. At least some of those teams have recovered, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The classic Sabres whites arebetter than the darks, but the current darks are better than the whites

I agree the classic Sabres whites are better, but the current whites are better too.

Do you think they'll ditch the silver piping madness and just go full-retro?

I SURE HOPE SO!!!

Archived