Should NHL go back to white jerseys at home like old days?

Unocal

It's not the jerseys that are the issue, it's the extra set of helmets they don't want to lug around with them.

Too bad that not everyone can be USA Hockey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the NHL, like the NFL and the NBA, shouldn't dictate who wears white and who doesn't; it should be up to the home team, with open communication between them and the road team.

I actually think that'd be awesome. Who cares - let the home team choose, like the NFL.

What, are shareholders going to revolt on Bettman if they do??

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I think the NHL, like the NFL and the NBA, shouldn't dictate who wears white and who doesn't; it should be up to the home team, with open communication between them and the road team.

I actually think that'd be awesome. Who cares - let the home team choose, like the NFL.

What, are shareholders going to revolt on Bettman if they do??

It works in the NFL because the team only goes away for one game, so you're only bringing one set anyways. In the NHL, you might be going on like a 4 game road trip, and it would be a pain in the ass to have to drag along both sets of jerseys/socks/helmets because one team you visit decides to wear white at home.

Archived