LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 8 - Crossover

pollux

Logolympiad2015.png

Crossover2015_Event.png

For this event, you have to crossover any active National Football League team to baseball. You have to create two uniform sets: one white and one colored (not gray).
  • Use the colors that are already part of the color scheme; do NOT add more colors (other than white). A different shade of an existing color will count as a new color, so be careful.
  • Each uniform set should include a jersey, pants and a cap only. No stirrups or socks: if they are present on the template, you need to remove them.
  • Include the primary logo of the NFL team on your submission. It should not take more than 150px by 150px, as it is only for reference.
DEADLINE: November 13th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I won't give out warnings this time!

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

I will NOT contact you if your entry is wrong, therefore make sure that you comply to these guidelines before submitting your entry.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

A few questions:

Can the "colored (not gray)" jersey have gray pants? Are white pants okay? Do they need to be colored pants?

Are we encouraged to create our own scripts and hat logo, or do we need to use what they currently use? (I assume we can do either, but it is better to be safe than disqualified.)

On one hand, this might not seem to matter so much, but is the colored jersey supposed to be the road jersey, the home jersey (like in football), or an alternate jersey? This could change the way that I design the uniforms, and it would almost certainly influence how uniforms are judged.

award%20sig.png

A few questions:

Can the "colored (not gray)" jersey have gray pants? Are white pants okay? Do they need to be colored pants?

Are we encouraged to create our own scripts and hat logo, or do we need to use what they currently use? (I assume we can do either, but it is better to be safe than disqualified.)

On one hand, this might not seem to matter so much, but is the colored jersey supposed to be the road jersey, the home jersey (like in football), or an alternate jersey? This could change the way that I design the uniforms, and it would almost certainly influence how uniforms are judged.

Gray or white pants are accepted. The jersey has to be colored.

You are definitely encouraged to create your own scripts and hat logos, but I will not disqualify anyone if you use what the team currently uses. Obviously, I believe that a newer identity, maybe based on what the team currently uses, will attract more voters towards your entry.

Let's say that for the sake of this event, the colored jersey will be the road jersey. Although you are right, I don't think that will ultimately matter much.

If the Seahawks were the team, because of the existing use of grey uniforms, would the grey be allowed?

Grey would be allowed on the uniforms, but not as the primary color of the colored uniform. I specifically mentioned not gray for the colored uniform. Keep in mind that the Seahawks have more colors than just the gray.

Also the Crossover event doesn't mean doing the exact same jersey for another sport. It means adapting it so that it fits for the other sport.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Would parts of current logos that aren't considered official team logos by themselves be allowed?

I will consider any logo on a team page from the mother site as available to be used. So if the logo is on sportslogos.net, you can use it in full, or only parts of it.

Would the lines of the template count against us for color?

No. I may be strict, but obviously the lines on the template can be a different color without penalizing you.

Would parts of current logos that aren't considered official team logos by themselves be allowed?

I will consider any logo on a team page from the mother site as available to be used. So if the logo is on sportslogos.net, you can use it in full, or only parts of it.

But because we are encouraged to create new items (cap logo, jersey script, maybe even numerals), anything from their past should be fair game to modernize/adapt/incorporate as we see fit, right?

For example, if NFL Team A has a logo from 1940 that had an interlocking letter design on a state outline, could I recreate that and use it as a cap logo?

But because we are encouraged to create new items (cap logo, jersey script, maybe even numerals), anything from their past should be fair game to modernize/adapt/incorporate as we see fit, right?

For example, if NFL Team A has a logo from 1940 that had an interlocking letter design on a state outline, could I recreate that and use it as a cap logo?

Yes, anything from a team's past is fair game.

This might have already been somewhat clarified, but I'm just making sure: Anything from the TeamColors profile works?

Yes. Any color from TeamColors will be accepted for a given team.

Would it be ok to show close ups of new sleeve patches, hat logos, etc?

I will allow you to show new patches or logos on your submission if you have enough room. They will have to be standalone, however.

In short, don't show them as zoomed in areas from the template. Copy the patch and enlarge it, so that we can see it on the white background.

With respect to the jersey, are you looking for front and back, similar to the criteria for the Fantasy Team in Event 5? I imagine showing the back of the cap and pants would be unnecessary...?

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

With respect to the jersey, are you looking for front and back, similar to the criteria for the Fantasy Team in Event 5? I imagine showing the back of the cap and pants would be unnecessary...?

Dan is correct: you are not required to show the back of the jersey, but you can include it if you want to.

Again, this comes down to managing the space available on your submission.

Another question regarding logos: If we do not use the current logo and use a different logo from the team's history, do we still need to post the current logo or just the one that we are using?

I guess an example would be using only the NE logo from the Patriots, but still having to use the Flying Elvis primary logo in the corner.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Another question regarding logos: If we do not use the current logo and use a different logo from the team's history, do we still need to post the current logo or just the one that we are using?

I guess an example would be using only the NE logo from the Patriots, but still having to use the Flying Elvis primary logo in the corner.

Add the current logo. It is simply there to facilitate identification of the team you're crossing over.

Archived