Who to support in the NBA?

CodeG

As I fan of every sport except basketball, I decided to give basketball a shot. I know all the teams but I can't choose a team to follow. So I'm asking you, who should I follow and why?

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These threads always lead to a bunch of biased answers, so here's what I suggest: If locale doesn't matter to you, then just watch a good mix of teams. Eventually, one will stand out to you from the others. I know it's kind of generic advice, but it really is the best method. You can't force fandom of a team.

Lakers. You can say you started liking them when they were not even a playoff team. And history shows they'll soon be a perennial contender.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Providence Steamrollers. Lemme tell ya, we're gonna be talking about Howie Shannon for a long time to come!!!

That Shannon dude is a #BEAST

. At the moment the teams that stand out to me are the Trail Blazers, Rockets, Thunder, Rapter, Hornets, and Hawks (:!edit!:) Bucks

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I might get a lot of criticism for this, but I'd say none... Most the guys in NBA are more all about LOOK AT ME! I'M THE BEST!!! And it's not really a team effort, one good player on a team can win the game, they don't even need anyone else...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I might get a lot of criticism for this, but I'd say none... Most the guys in NBA are more all about LOOK AT ME! I'M THE BEST!!! And it's not really a team effort, one good player on a team can win the game, they don't even need anyone else...

you're right, you will get a lot of criticism because that was ridiculous.

The Providence Steamrollers. Lemme tell ya, we're gonna be talking about Howie Shannon for a long time to come!!!

. At the moment the teams that stand out to me are the Trail Blazers, Rockets, Thunder, Rapter, Hornets, and Hawks

I'd say add the Bucks to that list. Obviously as a homer, but as a Basketball fan in general, and a waning NBA fan, this is the most excited I've been for an NBA team in a long time! There is a serious energy around the team, and the pieces are falling into place. Plus who wouldn't like a team with the "Greek Freak" on it?! Plus MCW3, Jabari, and the beast in the east Greg Monroe! #OwnTheFuture. Plus aesthetic wise can't go wrong there either! Just my 2 Lincolns.

You picked a good few teams there too! If I wasn't a Bucks fan, it would bee Buzz City for me.

packchampionslfroh.png

As I fan of every sport except basketball, I decided to give basketball a shot. I know all the teams but I can't choose a team to follow. So I'm asking you, who should I follow and why?

Here's a question: What are your favourite teams in other sports? I'll recommend an NBA franchise scientifically based on your list.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

. At the moment the teams that stand out to me are the Trail Blazers, Rockets, Thunder, Rapter, Hornets, and Hawks

I'd say add the Bucks to that list. Obviously as a homer, but as a Basketball fan in general, and a waning NBA fan, this is the most excited I've been for an NBA team in a long time! There is a serious energy around the team, and the pieces are falling into place. Plus who wouldn't like a team with the "Greek Freak" on it?! Plus MCW3, Jabari, and the beast in the east Greg Monroe! #OwnTheFuture. Plus aesthetic wise can't go wrong there either! Just my 2 Lincolns.

You picked a good few teams there too! If I wasn't a Bucks fan, it would bee Buzz City for me.

I did actually meant to put Milwaukee on that list I forgot haha

Here's a question: What are your favourite teams in other sports? I'll recommend an NBA franchise scientifically based on your list.

Welllll

MLB Phillies

NFL Cowboys/Bccaneers

NHL Sharks

MLS Toronto FC

MLL Lizards

BPL Liverpool (and Reading)

AUDL Wind Chill

I like only 1 team per state sooooo yea

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

Yeah, that's the "educated" way to be an NBA fan. True NBA fans don't let regional rivalries get in the way of worshiping LeBron James.

You're about two years behind. LeBron worship began and ended in his Miami years; Golden State is the new team of choice. Them or the Bucks.

Also, I don't understand this snark.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

you're right, you will get a lot of criticism because that was ridiculous.

Yeah, that's the "educated" way to be an NBA fan. True NBA fans don't let regional rivalries get in the way of worshiping LeBron James.

I don't think that it's that ridiculous. I did say MOST...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Archived