Washington Capitals Concept - DC flag + Weagle - NEW UPDATE

hockey week

I think that's a wrap. Or at least it's the last of the tinkering until there's more suggestions. The entire process has been laid out here, now is the question of what works best. I also added a third, a fauxback featuring the secondary logo and taking the best of their original sweaters but fixing a lot of it (too many stars, sleeve stripes moved up from the cuff so the gloves don't cover them and enlarged, etc)

Capitals%20DC%20flag%20weagle%20full%20s

Could you make the numbers on the road red with a navy outline

I think that's a wrap. Or at least it's the last of the tinkering until there's more suggestions. The entire process has been laid out here, now is the question of what works best. I also added a third, a fauxback featuring the secondary logo and taking the best of their original sweaters but fixing a lot of it (too many stars, sleeve stripes moved up from the cuff so the gloves don't cover them and enlarged, etc)

Could you make the numbers on the road red with a navy outline

Ok yeah. Great suggestion. Subtle change but will make a big difference in getting more red into it.

You're going to have to trust me on the red outline of the weagle logo, it just doesn't work. Too much red in the wings, it all blends and looks awful. I think its outline touching the white stripes is a necessary evil.

And idk, I think the red numbers throw off the color balance. What do you all think?

and I fixed the outlines of the seams on the shoulders of the red. The yokes have been added, eliminated, squared off, and eliminated so many times that it just disappeared.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

You're going to have to trust me on the red outline of the weagle logo, it just doesn't work. Too much red in the wings, it all blends and looks awful. I think its outline touching the white stripes is a necessary evil.

And idk, I think the red numbers throw off the color balance. What do you all think?

and I fixed the outlines of the seams on the shoulders of the red. The yokes have been added, eliminated, squared off, and eliminated so many times that it just disappeared.

No, just no. Keep the numbers as they were, it gives the jersey a nice vintage look.

I'm not normally a fan of chest stripes ending at the numbers, but it looks really nice with these.

If there's any advice I'd give it would be to make a blue alternate instead. Personally, I'm not a fan of alternates being the same color of the primary. Especially, if they have similar designs.

Edit - Also, I think it would look better if there was no outline on the shoulder logo making the W white on the home with blue stars and red W on the away with blue stars and if the stars above the logo were blue on the home and away.

usbnr3E.png     QrRvhzH.png     u0rDbga.png

Archived