2015 college football postseason (lower divisions)

4_tattoos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far as the Celebration Bowl, I still can't get over that NC A&T kid's last huge run off that draw. I mean, that was some Barry Sanders :censored: out there....

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A little different in that the Florida Classic is an long time instate (regular season) rivalry game. The Celebration Bowl attendance figures could change drastically depending on which schools are playing in it.

SN: Besides FAMU/Bethune Cookman and Grambling/Southern, are any other FCS rivalry games played at a neutral site?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

A little different in that the Florida Classic is an long time instate (regular season) rivalry game. The Celebration Bowl attendance figures could change drastically depending on which schools are playing in it.

SN: Besides FAMU/Bethune Cookman and Grambling/Southern, are any other FCS rivalry games played at a neutral site?

Magic City Classic in Birmingham (Alabama State v. Alabama A&M)

State Fair Classic in Dallas (Grambling v. Prairie View)

Magic City Classic in Birmingham (Alabama State v. Alabama A&M)

State Fair Classic in Dallas (Grambling v. Prairie View)

Circle City Classic (Indianapolis, IN)

Even D-II teams play 2 or 3 classics a year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 2 weeks later...

Contract extended for FCS championship to remain in Frisco, TX through 2020.

So how disappointed in this extension are you?

You have posted for a few years that Frisco was not good enough IYO and Chattanooga was more appropriate.

$hit, people want flights, hotel rooms and things to do. Even Collin County, TX has two major airport access, restaurants galore, hotels at all price points within driving distance of the stadium and teams have fields to practice.

They should move to FBS.

Right?

They won't. It's a real risky move in terms of finance to make the move to the FBS level.

First off, they would need a home. Unless you're Notre Dame, you aren't going to be doing well as an Independent. You would be stuck in that no man's land that BYU and Army (and UMass now that they got the boot from the MAC) are in terms of the Playoff. Thing is that there is really no where they can go.

Secondly, it's not cheap to add more scholarships in football. You also have to consider any issues with Title IX involved.

SN: Idaho has been looking into possibly moving down to FCS. I believe the Big Sky Conference has an "open Invitation" for the Vandals football team. (Idaho is in the Big Sky for all other sports)

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I figure moving down would be a good move for Idaho, if only because I can't recall the last time Vandals football was relevant outside of that nasty and inebriated thing with Boise State.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived