UFC Thread

habsfan1

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I saw the fight on Reddit. Seemed incredibly anti-climatic. I know that goes with the territory with UFC, but McGregor fights generally go a little bit longer than 40 seconds, don't they?

Good on UFC to get their biggest draw back. Good on McGregor if he's stopped being a nutcase. Maybe he can also apologize for his racism.

Well he still is the subject of two sexual assault investigations. That was not really addressed by him or Dana White much this week as they were easily able to control the narrative.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I saw the fight on Reddit. Seemed incredibly anti-climatic. I know that goes with the territory with UFC, but McGregor fights generally go a little bit longer than 40 seconds, don't they?

Good on UFC to get their biggest draw back. Good on McGregor if he's stopped being a nutcase. Maybe he can also apologize for his racism.

Most his wins are pretty quick, his match against Jose Aldo might have been even quicker.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I was curious about the Jake Paul fight so I found a way to access the show and, man, it is a hoot.

It's past midnight on the east coast and still no Jake Paul fight. Instead, I'm watching a Justin Bieber concert. Earlier Ric Flair officiated a slap fight! And then there was another concert (that wasn't Justin Bieber). And Mario Lopez showed up. And also Pete Davidson is a backstage host and has been ragging on Paul all night long.

I just want to see a YouTube guy get knocked out but the rest of this is truly bonkers. It's not really too unlike Wrestlemania and perhaps even a little bit less focused than a WWE product.

And they just mentioned this is being broadcast from Atlanta! How has the main event not happened yet? Justin Bieber's on his fifth or sixth song!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12:40 am local time and the fight finally begins.

The announcers are crapping all over this ("think they'll kiss?") and the filming is all over the place.

And Jake Paul with a first round ref stoppage, followed by Snoop Dogg bragging about winning a $2 million.

What a mess. I don't know what this was.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Even reading the article from ESPN, it sounded like it was a circus... maybe something along the lines of Attitude Era WWE.

I just think that some poor sap who paid into this Triller thing might of been duped - there wasn't much boxing involved. The next PPV event for this brand is in June and they have a big juicy match-up set for this event: The lightweight title on the line and the return of Evander Holyfield to the ring in a exhibition match.

• 5 months later...

Tyson Fury: not a good person but a really good boxer.

Wilder looked out on his feet for like five or six rounds. Hope he's okay.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived