Minnesota returning to CILL in 2016: Meet the Ox

Viper

After losing the NLL Swarm to Atlanta, Minneapolis/St. Paul is not staying out of indoor lacrosse for very long. The same management behind the Minnesota Jaxx team that spent a season in the Continental Indoor Lacrosse League's predecessor, the MILA, has been announced as returning to the CILL for the 2016 season, but under a new name: The Minnesota Ox (as in Paul Bunyan's blue ox).

The team's logo, as you might have guessed, is in both my avatar and my sig. No, I did not design it, though I did design the tickets for their debut exhibition game back in September against the CILL's Chicago Outlaws, a 19-10 loss. (They're trying to schedule some more exhibitions between now and next summer when they make their league debut.) In fact I'm a part-time volunteer for the Ox for designing graphics like their ticket, the roster sheets handed out at games, and a PDF team guide meant for fans to download from the team site and view at the game on phones and tablets (though that won't be ready until the new season).

ticket2.jpg

CCSLC signature.png

Okay, I realize this is only semi-pro box lax, but is anyone in Grand Rapids familiar with the concept of "intellectual property" and/or "getting the living hell sued out of you"?

dragonFish-286x300.png

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Okay, I realize this is only semi-pro box lax, but is anyone in Grand Rapids familiar with the concept of "intellectual property" and/or "getting the living hell sued out of you"?

dragonFish-286x300.png

It's a nice looking update to the Flying Hellfish logo though, I'll give them that.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Archived