Italian Football League expansion (whole league sum up)

Pulv!

Thanks for the great feedback. As soon as I finish the whole series, I'll go back to adjust things. The french name for the Steinbocks it's a great idea! Maybe I should change and make the fourth Sea Eagles logo the primary...

Let me know if you still have problems with the pictures, I should have fixed it.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13230120_1171172142913327_12901296765710

Pescara is a town by the sea in the center of Italy, fishing industry is an important part of the venues of the whole coastal region. The dophin has ever been a town symbol to show the link between the inhabitants of the area and the sea. Also the town main soccer team sports a dolphin in their logo.This is why I chose to name the team Pescara Dolphins. The color palette is made after the colors of the sea. Secondary logo, a capital D, should hint a dolphin fin. 

13177735_1171172169579991_35505145621759

13179295_1171172112913330_51184344571417

The third kit is an homage to the rich sea life surrounding the coasts of Abruzzo, especially the mighty red tuna and the common dolphin. on the jersey there is a sublimated wave.

13240141_1171172096246665_88875625854078

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

• 4 weeks later...

ancona fishermenhome.png

Ancona is one of the biggest ports on the Adriatic sea and most of the venues of the sourronding region are from sea related industries. naming them the Fishermen was a big tribute to the city true spirit. The color palette is an original fisherman one: oilskin bright yellow, deep sea blue and hook grey. The tipical southwest oilskin hat is an important feature of their look.

anconafishermenaway.png

anconafishermenalt.png

The alternate uni is a reminder of the red tuna fishermen who used to fish this enormous fish in the adriatic sea but nowadays, due to restrictions and intensive fishing in other areas, this skill is almost forgotten.

anconafishermenlogo.png

On 12/6/2016 at 5:59 PM, Pava said:

Primary logo is too detailed IMHO. Alternate is brilliant.

You have a point there. I was trying to give the logo a retro feel and I was thinking of using it marginally, as you see the alternate is the helmet logo. I was moved from those teams like Redskins or Celtics which have a really detailed logo and sharp alternates.

bolognabuildershome.png

Bologna, head city of the rich and fertile Emilia-Romagna region, is well known around the world for many different things. Traditional cuisine and one of the world oldest universities are just some of Bologna trademarks. All in all, the feature I've always loved most is the towers skyline. During Middle Ages in the whole town more than a 100 towers were raised by noble and rich families to compete in height and beauty with others. Nowadays just 24 are left and between them the most famous ones are "la torre degli Asinelli e della Garisenda". This two towers are so typical and symbolic that I chose them for my logo Bologna Builders logo. The alternate logo is a capital B standing for both Bologna and Builders and two crossed building sledgehammers. The color palette is based on a darker version of the city colours featuring maroon and navy instead of red and royal blue.

bolognabuildersaway.png

bolognabuildersalt.png

bologna builderslogo.png

1 hour ago, Pava said:

I like overall look. Except outline on alternate logo. It is kind weird. Maybe try maroon color

Firstly, thanks again for the feedback...

Do you mean the sledgehammers outline or the B outline ?

23 hours ago, Pulv! said:

Firstly, thanks again for the feedback...

Do you mean the sledgehammers outline or the B outline ?

B outline.

Just realize that helmet is maroon and it won't work. :(

Ok, thanks. I'll try something, maybe a double outline of white and maroon...

• 2 weeks later...

emilia warriors home.png

This is the last of the regional teams representing Emilia, famous for the rolling hills and fertile plains and the amazing food culture. This area was inhabitated since the bronze age when the fierce italic celts lived there. That is the reason why I named the team Emilia Warriors. The team will be playing in the city of Parma. The color palette is based on bronze, white and green, the color of oxidized bronze and of Emilia meadows. The winged helmet and the celtic sword are important part of the symbolism of the ancient celt tribes living in Northen Italy.

emiliawarriors away.png

emiliawarriorsalt.png

The all-bronze look for the alt was inspired by the bronze forged objects very common in the archeological sites of the period.

emiliawarriorslogo.png

16 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

Emilia looks very cool, the wing design is so simple yet so good looking. The wonky "W" in warriors looks strange, the half covered face logo doesn't look great ( I think it's unnecessary, you have a good looking set already). Overall nice work 

Glad you like it! 

The face logo was my first idea of the main logo, but it turned out better with the helmet and sword, so I decided to add it as a misc logo, but you are right , it is unnecessary.

The W is engraved with a celtic motif, unfortunately it's to small to see it properly.

24497796718_b866ca0f62_o.png

Directly from the Italian Naval Academy from Livorno you have here the Livorno Cadets!

The color palette is based on the navy uniforms so dark navy, gold and white will have the lead. The font is a stencil like one as the one you can find on military vessels. 

Nothing much to add as this identity is a linear yet classy one. 

37654590944_c37516ec91_o.png

24497797578_878fb49d43_o.png

The alternate uni is an homage to the Italian Coast Guard, whose working unis sport a lot of really bright orange to be more easy to see during stormy weather operations.

24497796168_c9b7142ff9_o.png

• 2 weeks later...

38337717772_4987b54c4e_o.png

World renown for its stormy and gutsy blows of cold wind, thousands of sails and beautiful sea views Trieste deserved a marine identity! Trieste Stormers identity is exactly based on the link between the strong winds, sailing and the maritime town. The color scheme was thought out of the deep sea blue, the white of the wave spray, the gray of stormy clouds and the metallic gray-light blue of the stormy sky at sea.

24497772468_a67600d23a_o.png

38337718052_6ab979481b_o.png

The all navy look of the alt is due to the city link with the Navy, firstly the Austro-hungarian and then the Italian one. 

38368615151_760b98a4f1_o.png

24497779788_b8108256a7_o.png

Pisa is world-renown for her leaning tower but all her power came from the sea during the middle ages. Pisa was one of the four maritime republics in the italian peninsula together with Genoa, Venice and Amalfi but its greatness ended when the genoan fleet crushed the Pisans in a naval battle between galleys. The galley fighting tecnique consisted in going ahead of a ship and ram it with the force of her oars trying to sink it by crushing it. This is why I named the team from Pisa  the Crushers.

The color scheme with red and white is from Pisa's coat of arms which displays a white trifoiled cross on a red shield.

The alternate logo sports a red galley.

38337719902_2ba0d1c9b6_o.png

24497779418_381c242e9d_o.png

The third jersey is a representation of the importance of oars on medieval galleys.

24497778298_ec0bcc601f_o.png

romagladiatorshome.png

The Colosseum is definitely Roma's symbol and gladiators fought bravely in it for centuries. This is my simple reason for naming this team Roma Gladiators. The colr palette is due to the city coat of arms. The main logo represents a myrmillo helmet. Myrmillones gladiators were the heaviest armored ones in the arena, fighting with a big helmet and full rectangular shield and a short gladium.

romagladiatorsaway.png

romagladiatorsalt.png

romagladiatorslogo.png

mantovadukeshome.png

The town of Mantova is known in Italy due to the Gonzagas who ruled the land there from 1300 ad. They were dukes and they gave an important hint to all sort of arts back in the days. So the name Dukes was pretty obvious to choose.

The color scheme was based on the rich purple color and gold to enphatyze the richness of the ducate.

mantovadukesaway.png

mantovadukesalt.png

Third jersey is an all gold combo. 

mantovadukeslogo.png

• 3 weeks later...

napolicenturionshome.png

Napoli and ancient Rome history are strongly bonded together. Archeological diggings near Napoli in the ash-covered ancient towns of Pompeii and Ercolanum helped us a lot to understand better that certain historical period. This is why I called the team Napoli Centurions. the color palette is based on the colors of roman legionaries: red for capes and tunics, gray for breasplates and helmets and maroon for shields and rich tunics.

napoli centurions away.png

napolicenturions alt.png

napolicentrionslogo.png

Archived