Gedlandian Premier League

Wgeddes122

So I decided to create a fictional country and soccer league as my new project. This is the 2nd fictional league that I have done, the first was a TX Super League which went well, so hopefully I get the same result with this concept.

So the country is The Republic of Gedland, if you look at my profile name its not hard to figure out how I created the name for the country, and so the top league is the Gedlandian Premier League. So the country is an island with 18 cities/towns spread throughout the land. Each city has at least 1 team with two cities having two giving the league 20 teams. I went about names and locations based on my ancestry and background. So here is a map of the country along with state lines, and city locations/names. It also includes names for all the teams and their location. The league crest is a shield broken into three parts: the sky, the dog, and the ground. the league crest color changes with each team, and the dog is pointing ahead with a soccer ball at its feet

The entire leagues kits are made by nike

RYHyG6j.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Williamsport

The town name comes from my first name. The largest city in the country, Williamsport, features two teams who have a bitter rivalry: Williamsport Athletic and North Port Wanderers the rivalry is very heated due to the success of both teams and the nationalistic divide. Athletic supporters see themselves as the club for the entire city and represent the better club, they refer to as north port as the oranges and typically chant "you're just a bunch of fruit" toward the north port supporters. The wanderers see themselves definitely as a set portion of the city but see it more as representing a separate city in itself, although the team has its dutch roots popularity among non-dutch people is growing, this fact also increases the rivalry because Athletic can see the wanderers growing each and every year.

Williamsport Athletic

-The most popular team in Williamsport and probably the country, feature the iconic Williamsport colors of navy blue and sky blue. being a port the city is very much attached to the sea. In everyday talk the team is typically referred to simply as "Athletic"

Crest

-The crest features a stylized W on a curved shield, the simple crest has become iconic in the city and is easily recognizable by all

Kits

-The traditional home kit is a navy blue top with white sleeves, accompanied by white shorts and navy blue socks, this years kits also feature dark blue vertical pinstripes and light blue accents

-Athletic's traditional home kit is a clean all white look, typically with navy accents, this years kit a mixture of light blue and navy blue accents

-Athletic's trend in third kits, although they don't always have third kits, is to feature both colors of blue, typically making light blue the main color, this years kit features a light blue top with navy blue horizontal striped gradient that goes to navy blue shorts and then light blue socks that feature the same stripe gradient

68QMPjc.jpg
North Port Wanderers
- the wanderers are little brother to Athletic, they were founded on the north side of Williamsport in a predominately dutch neighborhood, dutch seamen formed the club due to growing feelings that they were outsiders from the rest of the city and port. commonly referred to as "The Oranje"
Crest
- the wanderers crest shows the great pride the club has in its dutch heritage by showcasing the dutch lion in orange on a blue shield
Kits
(it is not uncommon for north port to use any of their 3 kits at any game and typically not having kits as sole home or away)
- the wanderers traditional home kit is all orange with white and blue accents, this years kit features a dark orange chevron gradient
-the away kit is typically all blue with orange accents, this years kit features an orange circle pattern gradient
- typically every year north port has a third kit that is all white with orange accents, featuring the iconic orange sash, ironically the third kit is typically the most traditional kit always featuring the orange sash
xEG2OGq.jpg

Westbury

-The most northern and western town of Gedland, Westbury is known for being a very cold place, the lack of cover from the northern sea makes Westbury subject to lots of rain and wind. This in turn made the football very passionate, due to the lack of anything else in the town to cheer about

Westbury Heart SC

-Westbury heart is known throughout the league for being one of the most passionate teams in the league. The fans are loud and proud as well as the players they get in your face, they play hard and celebrate every goal like its a win, they don't always play prettiest style of soccer but they always give it there all. "The Hearts" were formed via merger by two previous clubs in Westbury, the merger was forced in order to achieve acceptance into the premier league. Instead of choosing a common name like "United" the founders wanted to choose a name that meant more to the city and themselves, so they chose Westbury Heart SC, because Westbury will always be in there hearts. They do have rivalries with other teams in the northern state, but have typically lacked that derby that many fans love, this was one of the few consequences of the forced merger

Crest

-the crest is classic it features a simple red heart, with light ornamentation, westbury SC are placed above the heart

Kits

- Hearts typically wear an all white kit with red accents, this years kit features a stripe red gradient on the sleeves

- away kits for hearts feature an all red look and typically feature a heart design in some form, this years kit is no different, the two tone red kit features a heart gradient at the bottom of the jersey

- heart third kits tend to either be pink or black, this years kit features both with a two tone hooped pink top with black shorts and pink socks

ls4Wjsm.jpg

Great work on both the identity and back story for the Williamsport teams. Looks like it's gonna be a good series

I agree, and definitely will follow. I have more complaints with the hearts, though. I think the name doesn't represent the toughness of the team, and so do the colors. Maybe try a new identity to improve the quality of the league.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Great work on both the identity and back story for the Williamsport teams. Looks like it's gonna be a good series

I agree, and definitely will follow. I have more complaints with the hearts, though. I think the name doesn't represent the toughness of the team, and so do the colors. Maybe try a new identity to improve the quality of the league.

I changed the back story, now it fits

Nairn

- Nairn was founded by Scottish immigrants who came over to Gedland. It takes its name from the village in Scotland, Nairn. The towns Scottish roots are seen everywhere in the town, especially in the soccer club

Nairn City AFC

- Nairn City proudly showcases its Scottish roots while representing all of Nairn which has become more diverse since its founding. The lions have a long standing rivalry with nearby neighbors Geddes Town FC which is known as the Tartan Derby, referencing the two towns Scottish roots

Crest

- The crest takes its look from the Royal Standard of Scotland, featuring a yellow shield with a dark red lion

Kits

- Nairn city's kits traditionally pay homage to the royal standard of Scotland as well as the Scottish flag

- Home kits typically feature a red top with yellow shorts, and red socks, this years kit features a yellow sash across the jersey

- Typically for clash kits Nairn wears a navy and white kit , the colors of the scottish flag, this years kit features an all navy blue kit with white accents, the top features dark blue horizontal pinstripes

- Third kits traditionally vary in color for Nairn, this years kit is an all white kit with red and yellow accents, the top features a yellow hooped look

pOg65HS.jpg

Williamsport Athletic: Not a huge fan of how the W fits in the shield, looks a bit awkward. However, the kits are spot on. Nice job on those.

North Port Wanderers: My only complaint is the blue to orange gradient looks pretty muddy, those colors don't work too well in a gradient. Besides that, great work again.

Westbury SC: My favorite so far. I would definitely buy one of those away kits. Love the heart gradient. I don't know if the lighter shade of red stripe on the shorts is necessary on the away though.

Nairn City: It all looks fine and dandy to me. Not sold on yellow hoops though. Might just be me, but I think it looks pretty gaudy.

Great job on these, looking forward to more. Love your work.

Geddes

-Geddes is the capital of Gedland even though it is not the largest city. Like Nairn it has a strong Scottish background.

Geddes Town FC

- The team who started it all, Geddes Town FC helped to build the premier league, and is only team allowed to use the dog and ball symbol seen in the league crest. The colors purple, white and green come from the Geddes tartan pattern, the use of these colors made it much easier for Geddes Town FC to be more widely excepted to people of non-Scottish roots, unlike Nairn CIty, "The Hounds", which is what the team is most commonly referred to as, are seen some times as a team with more of a nationalistic view as if they represent the entire country.

Crest

-A classic shield shape features green and white stripes, and is adorned by the dog and soccer ball

Kits

- Home kits for Geddes are always green and white stripes this year is no different with a majority green top with white stripes, white shorts and green and white hooped socks, the entire kit features purple accents

- away kits tend to be white for Geddes but this year a new kit was launched an all purple kit, which surprisingly fans have taken a liking to the all purple look

- the third kit this year goes back to a more traditional look, white top with a green sash, green shorts and white socks

6ksupzb.jpg

West Norman

- West Norman sits on the west coast of Gedland, its location helps connect Westbury to Meekton through the coastal highway. It has a deep French ancestry.

West Norman United

- West Norman United was formed before the introduction of the premier league, it was formed from a merger from Norman City FC, and West End FC, they merged due to the decline financially of both clubs. The club became West Norman United to represent all of West Norman and the surrounding areas, the French influence is seen throughout the city especially in the name of the city. West Norman United has a long standing rivalry with the other French ancestral club in the region, Olympique Alsace in what is known as the fraternity derby

Crest

- the crest is a simple shield divided in half with the classic blue and white stripes of the team on one side and conjoined WN on the other, the shield is adorned by two lions and a old style soccer ball the lions come from the normandy crest in france.

Kits

- Home kits for west norman seldom change, and if they do it is with little variation, this years kits are no different, classic blue top with white stripes, white shorts and white socks, the sleeves feature a white stripe gradient

- Away kits also tend to be traditional, but this years kit is anything but traditional, the all red kit features a fiery yellow diamond pattern gradient with yellow accents

- Surprisingly for West Norman this years third kit is more traditional, however it is meant for international tournaments, the all white kit features blue accents and a tri-color sash

pgd9Cz9.jpg

Geddes Town FC: Plain purple kit is a little bland, but I see nothing wrong here.

West Norman United: Getting a Dutch feel from the third kit. Love the away kit design, very vibrant. Not sure if two different pairs of socks and shorts are needed for the home and third kits if all that changes is the Nike logo color.

Already 4 sashes in the league, maybe switch things up a little in the future.

Archived