Gedlandian Premier League

Wgeddes122

Port Jackson Mariners

3nmktw4.jpg

First, your image files are *huge*; when you want to see a bigger view, you end up with very little on the screen at a time. It'd be a good idea to make them a bit smaller; maybe something in the 1000x800 range?

Also, you should at least acknowledge the logos from which you, uh, borrow:

853px-Central_Coast_Mariners_logo.svg.pn

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ ok don't complain about the file size, you should be able to see it on screen and the zoom in should help you see the detail and there is this magic thing called scrolling that should help you see all of the design when you are zoomed in, and yes for port jackson i used the gold coast mariners font, that is the idea behind it, its not a big deal.

oh and this isn't the dallas stars/ minnesota north stars logo right? oh wait it is

Bloomington.png

You're a pretty good designer but you don't respond too well to criticism very do you. I think it would help your work alot if you tried to make changes based off of it.

I haven't been making changes just cause I don't really have the time right now. Just cause someone suggests a change and I don't respond doesn't mean I don't like it.

In terms of taking C&C I respond just fine, its stupid comments that I hate.

Actually, it's not the Stars' logo; believe it or not, I was able to create a star using the star tool in Illustrator without having to lift the shape from another file. Hell, the B was actually created from scratch; the "Bloomington FC" text is a font, however. Also, I'm pretty sure I acknowledged the similarities in the looks when I posted that; I certainly didn't keep it a secret (I even made it part of the team's "backstory").

Your text, on the other hand, is straight from the Central Coast logo. Given the precision, I'm pretty certain you weren't "inspired" by it, nor did you trace it; you found a copy of it online and lifted it directly from that file. At the very least, you should acknowledge that when you post your concept; otherwise what you're doing is claiming that the work is completely your own. In the design world, that is usually called plagiarism or theft; on these boards, that's not welcome in the concept area. Given that you've recently called out someone else for doing this (even though the two images were not the same), I'd suggest you'd think about your own glass house before throwing stones.

Also, judging by your posting history, your criticism to others is generally very pointed and often insulting; in fact, you've been warned about it by other moderators before. (You've also been warned about spamming, but that hasn't stopped you from posting hourly bumps at times in this very thread.) I would suggest curtailing this behavior going forward.

POTD 2013-08-22

the "Mariners" part is the only thing I didn't make. And just cause you made the star and the B for your logo doesn't mean it looks almost exactly like the old stars logo, and the same colors.

So what if i criticize others, sometimes I defend my artwork is that so bad. I'm so sick of people like you. I'm sorry i posted bumps, because thats also so bad right. When no one is posting in my thread, I'm trying to not let the concept fall off the map, but eventually gave up

Sure. You're never really going to get it, and are just going to keep lashing out, so this isn't really going anywhere. Carry on.

POTD 2013-08-22

Sure. You're never really going to get it, and are just going to keep lashing out, so this isn't really going anywhere. Carry on.

No I do get it, and its comments like this that cause "lashing out" you have no need to post this comment in here, but you do anyway because you are trying to antagonize me.

Ok, thats it, its done.

St. Francis

bhFUsJc.jpg

Vogesen Heights

Me3BYsG.jpg

Loving Vogesen. Adding a little green to the crest would make this my definite favorite of the series so far. St. Francis is good, but the yellow halo on the light blue background is a little tough on the eyes. A maroon outline should fix this problem

Loving Vogesen. Adding a little green to the crest would make this my definite favorite of the series so far. St. Francis is good, but the yellow halo on the light blue background is a little tough on the eyes. A maroon outline should fix this problem

I think I agree with both of those suggestions. For Vogesen would green work better maybe just an outline of the shield in green?

I think I agree with both of those suggestions. For Vogesen would green work better maybe just an outline of the shield in green?

Yes, that would be perfect

The update to the Vogeson badge makes that set perfect.

Western Highlands gives sort of a Wolfsburg vibe, which is in no way a bad thing

yeah, the look is ended up looking similar them although it is a scottish based team, hence the scottish flag in the crest and a thought green would be a good complementing color. Not until I got to the kits did I get the wolfsburg vibe especially with the vw logo

The Castle

OvMMXt1.jpg

Archived